• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Japan, Knack 2 debuts at less than 1% of its predecessor

Geez. I knew going from being bundled with every PS4 at launch to not being bundled would cause a drop from knack 1 to knack 2 but not this low!

Guy Legend

It was a launch game last time. This time no one cares.

Also maybe now they'll release the original on ps plus....

The comparison is pointless (a launch game compared to a game in the most bountiful year of the console generation), but that is still an insanely low debut. Even if it doesn't take digital sales into account.

Well, the game is not visually appealing in the least. It could be a 10/10 game and still bomb just based on how it looks.

Not surprising at all, but it is sad because the game is a fun, solid 7/10.

Ashtar

I think I saw that mark cerny platinumed knack 2, my boy worked on the game for what 3+ years and then platinumed it post release that's crazy

Cuburt

kqz1pzs.gif

Funko Pop incoming!

Gitaroo

Should have use those money and get guerilla cambridge to remaster kz2,3 and merc before they shut down the studio. Probably sell more copies of that.

Still upset that Sony greenlit Knack II but closed down the entirety of Evolution Studios after one game's shaky launch (that went on to kick ass).

I think I saw that mark cerny platinumed knack 2, my boy worked on the game for what 3+ years and then platinumed it post release that's crazy

He's just a narcissist who couldn't resist making and then playing the fuck out of a game with a totally-not-Mark-Cerny character.

lucas.jpg

Wozman23

The Australia and New Zealand digital sales numbers will more than make up for this.

(But honestly, the sequel is actually pretty good.)

Top Bottom