• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Neptonic

This game still doesn't feel real to me. I just don't understand how we were blessed enough to have a Platinum developed Yoko Taro game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I want to see environment impressions. Everything so far looks drab and empty

Well yeah, that's kind of the aesthetic they are going for. That said everything I've seen looks well designed insofar as it seems interesting to explore with lots of verticality and a pretty decent sense of scale.

Main thing though is not to expect AAA production values; this just isn't that game.

DKL

Oh since it's out in the wild, I gotta know: is Very Hard available right away? How long does it take to get back into the action?

True Fire

Anyone have an easy guide for playing the Japanese digital release? I usually import hard copies but I'd love to play this asap

de_reddy

Neo Member
Didn't see it in OP, but he already used the OT line during the gamescom steam announcement in august. The one with the beer and sausages and the valve.

Edit:This one

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Why no spoiler or impression thread of this game?

cerulily

Don't know if anyone is interested in early game spoilers but I'm going to start streaming the JPN version in about 20 minutes of this post. Quote for link

There is no need for a seperate impression thread. It's what this OT is here for. Horizon has one because the game isn't out yet.

Fair enough point, but this game also isn't out for the majority of the people on this board for another 2 weeks.

I started a thread anyways, if mods deem it redundant, they can lock it.

DKL

Good luck, the earliest it will be there is 9am 23rd and considering it's midnight there in 10 mins you're in for a minimum 9 hour wait.

pls ;_;

Whelp, at least I've reestablished my play asia account. Might as well put in the order today.

zokie

Good luck, the earliest it will be there is 9am 23rd and considering it's midnight there in 10 mins you're in for a minimum 9 hour wait.

yes around that time between 9am to 10am or earlier ( Hongkong/Singapore Time )

i hope R3 version has day one edition dlc goodies

DKL

Actually, I'm wondering if I should downback... just realized that I would have to go through the hassle of buying HK$ if I wanted any of the DLC.

This would be easier if they just told us the PC date already >_>

Actually, I'm wondering if I should downback... just realized that I would have to go through the hassle of buying HK$ if I wanted any of the DLC.

Platinum games DLC, lul. Maybe square will makes some skins.

JayEH

I doubt there will be anything substantial outside of costumes.

Finalow

I'm sure someone will open a spoiler thread for story/lore discussions, but that's gonna happen when people have actually played and finished the game. no need for something like that now

DKL

I heard there's destructible clothing tho, so it'll be cool to mix it up...

I'm probably gonna be bored at looking at the same death animation on Very Hard at some point :v

Definitely intrigued by this game, especially after playing the demo. But I'm not loving the parts where the camera angle switches to 2D and limits my vision and/or movement. I know some will praise this as unique, I thought it was restrictive. Perhaps that's exactly what they want it to be..

Plus the characters and mobs seemed somewhat generic, but I will say the bosses I've seen so far look pretty cool.

Never played the original, overall still keeping an open mind here!

LotusHD

Banned

Did someone say costumes?

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

God damn it, died and have to start over. That's annoying.

You playing on Hard?

I'm sure someone will open a spoiler thread for story/lore discussions, but that's gonna happen when people have actually played and finished the game. no need for something like that now

Seconded.

Gravity Rush 2 had spoiler thread posted a few days after the game released, as people began to reach the ending.

NieR may need it slightly earlier or later (Yoko is a weird director) but the idea should be the same: Spoilers tagged in OT, discussed freely in spoiler thread.

Only 2 threads needed total.

LotusHD

Banned
Definitely intrigued by this game, especially after playing the demo. But I'm not loving the parts where the camera angle switches to 2D and limits my vision and/or movement. I know some will praise this as unique, I thought it was restrictive. Perhaps that's exactly what they want it to be..

Plus the characters and mobs seemed somewhat generic, but I will say the bosses I've seen so far look pretty cool.

Never played the original, overall still keeping an open mind here!

It can be both!

As for the mobs, the majority of them share the same face so to speak, but they have variation in where it matters: size, behavior, weapons, attire, armor, agility, etc.

And yes, the bosses are cool.

Top Bottom