• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

kylej

Banned
^^^
vvv
It's only Cortana's Head or did you get a full body pic? But I have to agree: It's pretty great. Maybe the best HaloGAF avatar right now.

Just her head. I'd like to get a larger full piece done soon but... $$$. Man, I am a nerd.

And thank you.

edit. also I need to thank Letters for cleaning up the edges of the transparency

No, i'm just curious who it was.
Then ask...
10-week quarter system. The upside is a long winter break, but being halfway through classes while everyone else is taking finals is a bit depressing.
Huh, interesting.
And hey now, finals are no happy time (but yes, being done afterwards is :D).

Yeah, been meaning to say it, kylej, your new avatar is fantastic.
Makes me want to scan some of my gf's Cortana sketches (Brag-Post :p) and use one of them as an avatar.

feel

Yeah that's the avatar change of the year so far (ACOTY). Looks beautiful and I like that it's a very similar avatar style as the previous one.

edit-

Congrats on having a girlfriend Zeouter :p

vhfive

I like it when people keep the same avatar forever.
this way when I leave the thread for a month then come back I'm not confused

Ramirez

Based on the current condition of this thread, I wouldn't worry about going OT. Thanks for the update. I'll watch as much as I can, but that kind of stuff really knocks the wind out of me. I appreciate you coming in here to raise awareness. HaloGAF is best GAF.

After the OT thread failure, I have realized that MaddenGAF & HaloGAF are where my true GAF brothers reside.

How does the unlock/level up system work? What items do you unlock?
Cosmetic armour & some level of gameplay affecting stuff.
What we do know so far is that you can unlock certain weapons (and maybe abilites) to become part of your default loadout e.g. being able to start with a BR.

The specifics aren't clear.

After the OT thread failure, I have realized that MaddenGAF & HaloGAF are where my true GAF brothers reside.
Donating is in my near future, thanks to recent good news :D.

iPRWIpYds2qVD.jpg

Oh, and no wonder MLG aren't big on Halo right now, they've got the real stuff to work on.

Then ask...

Huh, interesting.
And hey now, finals are no happy time (but yes, being done afterwards is :D).

Yeah, been meaning to say it, kylej, your new avatar is fantastic.
Makes me want to scan some of my gf's Cortana sketches (Brag-Post :p) and use one of them as an avatar.

Totally should man.

I am getting an itch to change mine. That keytar needs replacing.

^ Congrats on the job. Kerry's most advanced technological asset has just been obtained.

Cosmetic armour & some level of gameplay affecting stuff.
What we do know so far is that you can unlock certain weapons (and maybe abilites) to become part of your default loadout e.g. being able to start with a BR.

The specifics aren't clear.

Donating is in my near future, thanks to recent good news :D.

iPRWIpYds2qVD.jpg

Oh, and no wonder MLG aren't big on Halo right now, they've got the real stuff to work on.

I demand pics of the confidentiality notice. :p

No but really, congrats man, thats awesome!

Computron

Yeah I asked him the other day and he fuckin blew me off and said he "needed" this and "had to have" that...

scrub

<3

I was trying to leverage some more pictures from Frankie with the bulletin coming up, but noooooooooooo, none of you would help...

maybe

Sai-kun

Banned
Ok so its still me Yeti and Sai so far then. The hotel I am looking at is $175 a night has 2 beds and a kitchen area, is that cool with you guys?

So, assuming it's just going to be the three of us, I figure we'd all have to contribute approximately $300 each?

If so, I'm fine with that.

If its just the three of us then yes. I am sure we can get 2 more people to go (someone has to sleep on a pull out bed but it will be cheaper)

I'm fine with whatever. I'll probably just sleep on the floor lol.

$175/3 * 4? Is that math right? It's fine, no matter what. I'm good with it :) Don't really care where I sleep as long as it's inside the room, hahaha.

10-week quarter system. The upside is a long winter break, but being halfway through classes while everyone else is taking finals is a bit depressing.

Quarter system is BEST. 6 week winter vacation? Fuck yeah.

Conor 419

Banned
It is the dawn of E3 and hopefully the dawn of a new age for Halo. I am calling the members of this thread, the members of one of the largest and most dedicated Halo communities in the world to help me make one last push to this one year campaign.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_pos...ity-for-Halo-4---Support-This.aspx#post911181

This is in my opinion, the most important issue in Halo. If Microsoft truly want to show they're serious about their flagship title, they will not let its multiplayer structure continue to be outclassed by games which provide their service for free.

Support Custom Game Browsing and Dedicated Servers in Halo 4.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It is the dawn of E3 and hopefully the dawn of a new age for Halo. I am calling the members of this thread, the members of one of the largest and most dedicated Halo communities in the world to help me make one last push to this one year campaign.

http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_pos...ity-for-Halo-4---Support-This.aspx#post911181

This is in my opinion, the most important issue in Halo. If Microsoft truly want to show they're serious about their flagship title, they will not let its multiplayer structure continue to be outclassed by games which provide their service for free.

Support Custom Game Browsing and Dedicated Servers in Halo 4.

Not gonna happen. And even if it was, it would have been decided on already IMO.

The most important thing for Halo is for it to be fun and balanced. As long as it's fun it will succeed.

Conor 419

Banned
Not gonna happen. And even if it was, it would have been decided on already IMO.

The most important thing for Halo is for it to be fun and balanced. As long as it's fun it will succeed.

Why? Who says it hasn't, it's been a year long campaign, and these features have been requested since the beginning.

Arnie

I'd rather have a competent, visual skill based ranking system than dedicated servers or custom browsing.

Quality of opponent is my primary concern, so in that respect I feel Matchmaking is always preferred to custom browsing (provided things like veto are in).

Dedicated servers would be nice though, especially to bring the online experience closer to that of a LAN. Don't think it's particularly a necessity though considering it's 4v4 for the majority.

Computron

Listen to the episode 16 of the Bungie podcast, they address dedicated servers. It is quite a bit more complex than it seems.

Plus you get to listen about Luke Timmins' run-in with the law. It's definitely the best Bungie podcast episode.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Why? Who says it hasn't, it's been a year long campaign, and these features have been requested since the beginning.

Just because it's requested doesn't mean it's coming.

Custom browser server has it's own host of issues aside from just "splitting the player base." I don't see that happening in the near future.

As for dedicated servers, we haven't seen them in Halo before, no reason to suspect them now and if they WERE coming I'm sure it would have been one of the first things announced (that's a pretty large selling point).

I'd love nothing more than to be wrong about the servers though.

Karl2177

Listen to the episode 16 of the Bungie podcast, they address dedicated servers. It is quite a bit more complex than it seems.

Plus you get to listen about Luke Timmins run in with the law. It's definitely the best Bungie podcast episode.
Paul Russel episode is just slightly better and it's only because of Luke and Brian mocking Shishka with the threat of a soundboard.

Top Bottom