• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Dan-o

The local retailer gave me a discogs link. Doubt that was what Douglas intended...

Yeah, this is all very ridiculous. I didn't even get an email from the retailer, but I really don't think Douglas was expecting people to buy it through Discog when he said copies would be available..

Not sure this is worth jumping through hoops over, anyway.

Just checked my order confirmation from when I got it, and it sold for just $15. But it shipped from Sweden, which is close to me, so US distributors likely can't sell it as cheap.
Thank you, that makes sense. I'll shoot some more emails around and report back if I hear anything else.

Iam8bit replaced my Last Guardian vinyl after I sent some videos over of the awful surface noise from my original copy. The replacement is a nice improvement. Still more noisy than I care for but far less of an annoyance.

RaidenZR

Speaking of The Yetee, they sent out an update regarding the Ninja Senki vinyl. Apparently they hit a snag but are expecting to ship by month's end:

The Yetee said:
About your Ninja Senki order:

Let me start by saying:

Thank you for your order!
LEIR4I0w-86qvT_mAv1Iqi5K2YA-rLP5QooK56Z4RhZl0SZnNvCao-6OcaefSJYif6hRGNHV15PkIMgk7jM6ieHvQ8xo-hYFwyg0covrndAuO-X8fuIoOtddaxjJJv-qL6fgqSI3kBN0dSFX8uQ4m6NcEBklAnIckPL4zqg=s0-d-e1-ft

If you're not familiar, we're primarily a t-shirt vendor. We haven't had a ton of releases yet, but we are working on a lot of cool stuff coming up. We're not a massive label and your support allows us to continue to produce and release amazing vinyl soundtracks from indie games and musicians alike.

This is the first and likely only pre-order we will do, as we prefer to have whatever we're releasing in our hands when we put it up for sale.

That being said, we do apologize for the missed deadline, but we have a good explanation as to why.

9K-oGFTrtWrti41SPBNR72LJEc12ZjnGCDg3s-oJFQGClhdFy8iIHJ0jAgOkejahQLcEkL9XlsP8DqgaUHn6mh3b6pDPVB6OcPAmrEFHPO0phk29l7zKe09BiaG2U7rWzjaZ5pen75YyMk7pd4JCTANKFMZpzm2lq_Kl5b0=s0-d-e1-ft

This is one of the 180g tests.

This project involves a very experimental type of picture disc. As advertised, the disc has a die-cut picture of a ninja star pressed between two clear vinyl records. The pressing company we worked with, had to try a couple variations to make sure this worked properly. After testing it out, it was determined it would be best to have the vinyl pressed using 180G weight to make sure the image in the middle has no tears or distortion.

The final product will look amazing and sound great on that 180g vinyl.

This hiccup in production combined with the holiday weekend work stoppage has pushed the project back to a completion date in mid July— everything should be shipping out before the end of the month. We're really disappointed about the delays, and as I mentioned previously in the email, this is likely last pre-order we will be doing for a vinyl project.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me personally at gleno@theyetee.com and I will help you out.

Best,
Glen
Co-Owner / Co-Founder of TheYetee.com

I received my Hero of Time vinyl today, it is a fantastic package. It will be the last Iam8bit LP I buy though. I only got it because my wife absolutely loves Zelda and its music, so I know she will enjoy it.

Listening to it now, it sounds good, a bit of surface noise, but could just be static. Way better than my experience with The Last Guardian which was an absolute farce.

Only issue I have is the second LP would have been nicer in if it was in the same style as first but in purple, but thats not really a big deal. The rest of the package is designed perfectly.

Thank you, that makes sense. I'll shoot some more emails around and report back if I hear anything else.

Just got an email back from Douglas:

"My bad, I was under the impression that cobraside sold directly to the public, but they only distribute to stores… Was not my intention to make people buy it for way too much on discogs. I’m contacting a couple of different webshops to ask them to buy it from cobraside. Will get back to you with a link as soon as I know!"

So if anyone is interested... sit tight.

I received my Hero of Time vinyl today, it is a fantastic package. It will be the last Iam8bit LP I buy though. I only got it because my wife absolutely loves Zelda and its music, so I know she will enjoy it.

Listening to it now, it sounds good, a bit of surface noise, but could just be static. Way better than my experience with The Last Guardian which was an absolute farce.

Only issue I have is the second LP would have been nicer in if it was in the same style as first but in purple, but thats not really a big deal. The rest of the package is designed perfectly.

Awesome! I'm still waiting on my Kickstarter edition, which frankly I think should have shipped out before the retail ones.

Siyou

So I ordered a vinyl from Mondo for Castlevania 4. The vinyl hasn't shown up and it says the status is unfulfilled. Has anyone had this problem? I did contact them already on the matter.

So I ordered a vinyl from Mondo for Castlevania 4. The vinyl hasn't shown up and it says the status is unfulfilled. Has anyone had this problem? I did contact them already on the matter.

I haven't checked any of my orders from Mondo pretty much ever, but I always get a shipping email. I just assume they haven't been sent out yet.

If they have, I guess something is wrong with mine, too

Dan-o

Same here. It hasn't been shipped. Someone earlier said that Mondo was switching warehouses, so that might be part of the reason for the delay.

akileese

We've all been wondering on the discord what's going on. My assumption and guess is that it has to do with the warehouse switch they were going through.

I'll hit them on twitter and see what they have to say.

e: I didn't get a response but someone in the Discord said they got there order from DD in the UK so it's very clear they have them and they've been produced.

Got my two Fallout vinyls in from ThinkGeek and Spacelab9...kinda regret buying the regular one since I got the limited one luckily a few hours later but oh well haha

RaidenZR

We've all been wondering on the discord what's going on. My assumption and guess is that it has to do with the warehouse switch they were going through.

I'll hit them on twitter and see what they have to say.

e: I didn't get a response but someone in the Discord said they got there order from DD in the UK so it's very clear they have them and they've been produced.

What's the issue? Mondo hasn't shipped the CV4's yet to anyone.

rpbtz

Someone in Discord claims they already got theres in the UK from Data-discs, which is why we're wondering what the hold up is.

That's not necessarily too weird, though. These are likely pressed in the Czech Republic and it's possible that Data Discs had their allocation shipped separately from the plant in which case they would definitely get them faster than Mondo. Just a guess, though. I imagine Mondo will be shipping them before too long either way.

A while back there was a discussion about vinyl storage, I ended up getting this unit from Target. Nearest Ikea is too far away but this one looks great I think. VGM on the left and everything else on the right.

edit: an image might help

Junk3t

Neo Member
My Dugo - Lingua Franca album came in while I was gone to Singapore! Going to listen to it shortly, love the autograph and limited edition too!

Also not VGM, but still a nice addition to my collection

Unlikely, but djcatskratch are you from Calgary? I asked about that selfsame Urusei Yasura album that someone had bought at my local anime convention

Unlikely, but djcatskratch are you from Calgary? I asked about that selfsame Urusei Yasura album that someone had bought at my local anime convention

I'm from Chicago :) Have wanted to visit Calgary sometime though.

Album is great, and I see KingofCrash also picked up Lingua Franca (also great!)

Auctopus

So much for that news follow-up about another Witcher 3 variant. Still bummed out that Game Legends kept taking orders when they had run out, especially as I ordered 2 days before release.

crimnos

Got my two Fallout vinyls in from ThinkGeek and Spacelab9...kinda regret buying the regular one since I got the limited one luckily a few hours later but oh well haha

Got that SL9 variant too...I was a little paranoid as it sat on my doorstep for over a day but turned out great, good-looking variant.

RaidenZR

Someone in Discord claims they already got theres in the UK from Data-discs, which is why we're wondering what the hold up is.

That's not necessarily too weird, though. These are likely pressed in the Czech Republic and it's possible that Data Discs had their allocation shipped separately from the plant in which case they would definitely get them faster than Mondo. Just a guess, though. I imagine Mondo will be shipping them before too long either way.

Yeah, if legit that sounds like a nice surprise rather than "this is a problem" worthy of real worry. The large majority of people haven't received shipping notifications yet.

BTails

FYI, Mondo mentioned they're shipping Super Castlevania IV this week in their newsletter earlier today. I'm guessing late shipment from overseas, or warehouse issues, but still, a 2 week turn around isn't as bad as some retailers!

Dan-o

FYI, Mondo mentioned they're shipping Super Castlevania IV this week in their newsletter earlier today. I'm guessing late shipment from overseas, or warehouse issues, but still, a 2 week turn around isn't as bad as some retailers!

Absolutely. It's funny, Mondo almost always ships out within a week or so (which is pretty much unheard-of with most retailers not named Amazon) so when they don't, people get worried. I wasn't super worried or anything, but more curious about what was causing the delay.

Anyway, I wrote to Mondo last week. They replied today saying it should ship within the week. Also, they don't have Stardew Valley on-hand yet, but they'll ship that out as soon as it arrives. They didn't give an ETA on that one, in case anyone else was waiting on that.

Top Bottom