• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

Adryuu

Ok I'm sorry for double posting yet again but nobody else seems to post here anymore, and I'm quite stuck.

I'm at the (true/hard) ending, concretely
inside the cave, and I've only two panels left that are not timed, plus the timed panels shit where I've got to what I suppose is the final puzzle, right before the'cage' with a closed door.
Let me explain: I start the record, do the three first panels, the next one, the next for ones inside the next room, then I cross the bridge and there's 3 panels (about separating black dots from white dots) where I must only activate one (because the other two are unsolvable I guess?) and then there's another three where two are unsolvable (I think) this time with 4 colour dots. THEN, I must go through the... Maze? That rises barriers sometimes as I go. But I have no clue what to do next.

Theory: the maze is a puzzle that must be solved with a pattern I get if I follow the path on top of the video room. Because instead of getting an octagonal shaped solution for another video the box there had a different shaped drawing of a panel rather than a solution, with little triangles like those on random panels found on the floor everywhere that you think are worth nothing until you get to the very end, lol.

Am I right? Because if so, I'm doing the solution wrong or whatever, or maybe I just don't know what comes next. Anyway getting there is becoming tedious with the recording time being somewhat short and the panels fucking randomized. Sigh. Music is awesome though.

Other option would be I need to solve every other panel inside the cave before attempting the timed thing, so the two I'm missing are:
both together in the zone with different types. One has colors (background is a gradient) and the other one features Tetris pieces, left of the other one, four pieces that can be rotated, one's a dot, two are three separated dots, no clue how that translates exactly into the grid. The colored one, well, fuck that shit already.

So, I pretty much explained everything there inside the spoiler. Care to direct me without giving away everything, please?

Much appreciated.

I'm thinking I've done enough already arriving here, but on the other hand, shit, I'm right at the gates of Valhalla after many long battles, just another little push forward and I'll get inside.

My completion btw is
504 +45

If I understood your issue correctly, you need to take a pic (or something along those lines) of the puzzle you do earlier (I believe it's pretty soon after you start the timer), the one that is on its own and has the same shape. In the actual maze, following the pattern you traced, you'll find two other puzzles you must solve, before moving on. If you go the wrong way you'll slam into a wall.
It's been a while, but I hope this is clear enough. If not, feel free to ask again.

Goldrusher

THEN, I must go through the... Maze? That rises barriers sometimes as I go. But I have no clue what to do next.

Theory: the maze is a puzzle that must be solved with a pattern I get if I follow the path on top of the video room. Because instead of getting an octagonal shaped solution for another video the box there had a different shaped drawing of a panel rather than a solution, with little triangles like those on random panels found on the floor everywhere that you think are worth nothing until you get to the very end, lol.

Am I right? Because if so, I'm doing the solution wrong or whatever, or maybe I just don't know what comes next. Anyway getting there is becoming tedious with the recording time being somewhat short and the panels fucking randomized. Sigh. Music is awesome though.

So, I pretty much explained everything there inside the spoiler. Care to direct me without giving away everything, please?

Much appreciated.

First of all: you are correct that only 1 of the 3 panels BEFORE the maze can be solved. Once you're past those, and in the maze, there's no need to come back to them anymore.

Now, about the maze...

The maze is different each time you start the challenge.

But... you get a map.

After starting the challenge with the record player, you have to complete these 3 portrait-panels:
http://i.imgur.com/26X0zvV.jpg

Then the very next puzzle is this table one:
http://i.imgur.com/ZSb4Gl7.jpg

And that's a map of the maze. Showing you the blocked paths, as well as the locations of the puzzles in it.

Adryuu

If I understood your issue correctly, you need to take a pic (or something along those lines) of the puzzle you do earlier (I believe it's pretty soon after you start the timer), the one that is on its own and has the same shape. In the actual maze, following the pattern you traced, you'll find two other puzzles you must solve, before moving on. If you go the wrong way you'll slam into a wall.
It's been a while, but I hope this is clear enough. If not, feel free to ask again.

First of all: you are correct that only 1 of the 3 panels BEFORE the maze can be solved. Once you're past those, and in the maze, there's no need to come back to them anymore.

Now, about the maze...

The maze is different each time you start the challenge.

But... you get a map.

After starting the challenge with the record player, you have to complete these 3 portrait-panels:
http://i.imgur.com/26X0zvV.jpg

Then the very next puzzle is this table one:
http://i.imgur.com/ZSb4Gl7.jpg

And that's a map of the maze. Showing you the blocked paths, as well as the locations of the puzzles in it.

Well, crap, damn clear indeed. How did I not think about that, I was over complicating things only. Sackboy, I'd spoiler tag that though.

And those replies have been too explicit for my taste but that's what I get for asking in the first place, lol.

Thanks both for the quick responses. Now to see tomorrow if that's even near the end of the line, heh.

Anustart

I don't get why this doesn't work.....

deathrimenolqux9.png

Edit: Realized it 10 seconds after I posted. Nevermind!

Adryuu

(This post contains endgame spoilers)

Haha I was just messing around searching for
other things outside and just found, or rather, stumbled upon
the credits!
First thing I thought was 'holy fucking bouncing tits!', and that's a thought that stayed with me for a while. Really nice.

Now, to finish the
cave's Challenge.

The wreckage has only one panel, which unlocks a video, and it's the hardest puzzle in the game. Not everyone is expected to be able to solve this one on their own.

Yeah well I thought it would be on the farthest area but I guess I was right thinking it wasn't accessible. I just either hadn't found or didn't remember having found this bunker door. Didn't took too long to solve by myself, honestly. But I can see it being problematic indeed. But. The hardest? No. Not imo.

Top Bottom