• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Yeah. I really don't give a shit about the Hardyz at this point.

I mean ok... Way to give them absolutely zero time... I mean doing an in universe explanation is frankly better and smarter for WWE than just debuting already broken (not to mention you know they legally couldn't) but whatever.

Anywho totally missed this moment on the show

RuZN1Y3.gif

Caderfix

I actually like that Finn comic. It's the right mix if super silly and badass, I mean, the guy used wrestling moves to take a demon down. That's pretty awesome haha

Adree

I mean ok... Way to give them absolutely zero time... I mean doing an in universe explanation is frankly better and smarter for WWE than just debuting already broken (not to mention you know they legally couldn't) but whatever.

The way her mouth is moving at the start makes it look like her animation routine glitched though. :p

That is the good reason, but I just care anymore. Hell, I could say about the RAW roster in general at this point.

Alexa's heel mannerisms are just fantastic

Like I totally get how some people think that's weird to say, but there's just something about how Bliss embodies her Queen Bitch character that is just second to none...

Like it is weird to talk about mannerisms but she's just so fucking good at them...

Like she's just really great at the smaller details:

Like this is going to sound silly but this is the moment I knew Alexa was going to be something special

Like it looks like nothing but it immediately stood out to me because it's completely on the fly here... you can't see it but a kid is reaching over for a high five and she plays along.

It's a small character moment but like I think it is just an example about how Bliss just kinda gets it....

She's done it more than once now but it's great:

tumblr_od406rQiDi1u1ljrzo2_500.gif

She's also one of the only people period that can make WWE's writing sound natural , she's also damn good on the fly in Talking Smack and Raw Talk situations... People dismiss her as not being part of the Women's revolution because she's not a fantastic worker but man part of the Women's revolution is allowing these women to have actual characters and mic time and Bliss has taken that ball and run with it.

Edit LOL I just started 5 straight sentences with link :|

Man what is it with some fans of specific women's wrestlers that they feel the need to denigrate other women wrestlers because their favorite isn't in their spot.

Between Alexa is only where she is because she's hot and everything she's good at is just because it's easy being a heel (yeah ok) and Charlotte is green as hell (?!) and only where she is because of 100% nepotism... Some fucked up hot takes in the PPV thread.

Man what is it with some fans of specific women's wrestlers that they feel the need to denigrate other women wrestlers because their favorite isn't in their spot.

Between Alexa is only where she is because she's hot and everything she's good at is just because it's easy being a heel (yeah ok) and Charlotte is green as hell (?!) and only where she is because of 100% nepotism... Some fucked up hot takes in the PPV thread.
I wonder if it's a waifu thing that keeps getting mention in various threads. Alexa is a good wrestler and a star but I can say that about a couple other women wrestlers on the main roster at this point.

Adree

Comparing Alexa and Charlotte is extra silly because both of them excel at areas the other lacks.

There's definitely a weird thing in wrestling where you are expected to pick your faves based on how well they work and ignore all the other factors in what makes them a good wrestler and not just a good gymnast.

Comparing Alexa and Charlotte is extra silly because both of them excel at areas the other lacks.

There's definitely a weird thing in wrestling where you are expected to pick your faves based on how well they work and ignore all the other factors in what makes them a good wrestler and not just a good gymnast.

They (two different people: one bitching about Bliss, one bitching about Charlotte) weren't comparing Alexa and Charlotte to each other but to Becky and Sasha....

I will say other than being a lot better on the mic on the fly and maybe a slight edge on the mic overall now, Bliss is definitely leagues behind Charlotte overall...

Charlotte is the only genuine complete package they have in the women's division.

I'd love to see them in angle together be it against or as a team someday.... Those two in a talking based feud would be incredible.

Adree

They (two different people: one bitching about Bliss, one bitching about Charlotte) weren't comparing Alexa and Charlotte to each other but to Becky and Sasha....

I will say other than being a lot better on the mic on the fly and maybe a slight edge on the mic overall now, Bliss is definitely leagues behind Charlotte overall...

Charlotte is the only genuine complete package they have in the women's division.

I'd love to see them in angle together be it against or as a team someday.... Those two in a talking based feud would be incredible.

I think Charlotte needs to get more comfortable with their scripting or be allowed some leeway to deviate. I feel like she gets stuck in her promo cadence.

UberTag

Christian beat Orton for the title.

sHPkF.gif
I mean, legitimately... spitting in his face to get him to DQ himself and forfeit the title isn't "besting" the Viper.
(Not to disparage that match or anything. It was the premiere match for storytelling in Orton's all-time greatest feud.)

Hasney

Oh, in that case, the idea of Jinder besting Orton one on one clean in the middle.... ahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

UberTag

Oh, in that case, the idea of Jinder besting Orton one on one clean in the middle.... ahahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
Well, it doesn't have to be clean. His two little friends can help.
You can't deny he looks amazing brandishing that title belt.

Hasney

Well, it doesn't have to be clean. His two little friends can help.
You can't deny he looks amazing brandishing that title belt he absconded.
(Incidentally, I applaud the WWE for endeavoring to broaden the vocabulary of their audience by introducing them to words like absconded.)

Having friends help is as bad as spitting! Christian bested Orton! He would have done it again, he just needed one.. more... match...

Hasney

It's like Final Deletion if they didn't play into how ridiculous it all was and tried to play it straight like it was something scary. In some ways, it makes it more hilarious.

the House of Horrors was pretty hilarious, the baby dolls killed me, shit was so stupid. fun segment though.

also did anybody else notice that Kevin Dunn accidentally stumbled onto some great camerawork in the ring portion of the Orton/Bray match? when Orton power-slammed one of the Bollywood boys and also did the RKO on Bray it looked pretty good tbh. was hella dynamic.

also I think opinion on Jinder Mahal will change for the better much like it did for Strowman in a few months. He's been an amusing nuisance of a heel. i'd rather he hold the belt than either Orton or Wyatt tbh.

oh and was pretty surprised at Jericho winning, though I guess KO will beat him into hiding soon as he leaves on tour and owens will stay in Smackdown obviously. Bless up to Alexa Bliss. best female mic personality in WWE, and a pretty decent wrestler. glad she's champion

Lots of journos and folks are upset that Bayley lost in her hometown and I get why, it definitely killed the crowd, but even if I wasn't a Bliss fan I wouldn't be that upset, in fact I'd even call it the right move but only under one circumstance:

They need to turn Sasha tomorrow night...

Here's why:

This story they've been telling is a classic example of an abusive friendship. Sasha has been lying to Bayley, manipulating her, convincing her that only she's got her back, that no one else cares about her like she does, subtly making up stories about other folks talking behind Bayley's back, completely and utterly isolating Bayley from anyone else, etc... This is textbook abuser, I know, I've been through it. Bayey as champion was useful to Sasha, she's sweet, trusting, loyal, and desperate to be liked (hello hugger gimmick), she's also the Champion and Sasha probably figures that in a one on one fight Bayley maybe wouldn't go full court press on her so she'd be easy to beat. This whole story has been Sasha trying to get a title shot from Bayley because she wants that title, that's the only reason she keeps her around....

Well now there's no title. Not only that but now Bayley is at her absolutely lowest: she lost the title in front of her friends and family in her hometown. This is when she's going to need a friend the most, no not a friend, her best friend, Sasha.... But for Sasha there's nothing left, Bayley can't give her a title shot (and she's probably thinking to herself why didn't you just give me one, I even asked nicely) because there's no title. This is the final stage of an abusive friendship: the abuser betrays the person who didn't even realize they were being abused despite all the warnings from others and warning signs, the abuser abandons the abused because there's nothing left for the abuser to take from the abused, and the abused realizes how fucked up everything's been and is left kinda broken and alone to pick up the pieces...

This is the time to turn, because Bayley is at her lowest and that's when an abuser really strikes and really hurts their victim.

Of course this is WWE and instead of telling that story they'll probably have Bayley win the title back at Extreme Rules and Sasha turns after that lol....

SUMrw9a.png

New Japan - The top Japanese promotion. On Demand streaming service with all major events streamed live, some with English commentary.
http://njpwworld.com - 999¥/month

EVOLVE - Arguably the top US indy currently. Close relationship with WWE, a lot of their cruiserweight crop have come through. New On Demand service run by FloSports, gives you access to the WWN family of events, with a large on demand library dating back to 2003 and live streamed events from EVOLVE, FIP, ACW, and all women promotion SHINE.
http://www.floslam.tv/events - $20/month or $150/year

PWG - Arguably the top US indy currently. Less of a traditional promotion, PWG is a hangout for wrestlers across the indies to go all out and have fun. Shows can be exhausting, and the delay from show to release is maddening. Worth it.
http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/ - $15/DVD $20/Blu-Ray On Demand/Never

PROGRESS - The top of the bustling UK indy scene (I'm biased.) More of a storyline focus than a lot of indies, with great matches and a hot crowd. You're missing out. Get on it.
https://demandprogress.pivotshare.com/ - $7.49/month

Rev Pro - Pairs the top level British talent with the top indy stars from the US, and through a partnership with New Japan, the top Japanese stars.
https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/ - $8.49/month

ROH - Ring of Honor was historically the #2 or 3 promotion in the US, but the lustre has gone as of late. Bull Dempsey main eventing in 2016 is all you need to know. There are a lot of talented guys there however, as well as a New Japan partnership. Their back catalog still holds up.
Past Events @ http://rohwrestling.com/membership - $7.99/month Weekly TV every Thursday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current/Free Current PPV's $15-35/show

Lucha Underground - A TV show about a Wrestling show. Great matches with Lucha stars, combined with TV style drama and stories.
El Rey Network, SlingTV or US iTunes - $40/26 episode season

Stardom - The top Joshi all women's promotion in Japan currently. On Demand streaming service with English subtitled content.
http://www.stardom-world.com/ - 750¥/month

Highspots Wrestling Network - back catalog PWG, current AAW and wXw On Demand, along side shoots, some CZW, a fucking ocean of content.
https://www.highspotswrestlingnetwork.com/ - $9.99/month

DDT - Batshit insane home of patron saint of Flipvember, and wonderful human, Kota Ibushi. On Demand service launching in January, includes new shows from DDT, BASARA, Tokyo Joshi Pro and Ganbare Pro-Wrestling, as well as DDT special events (outdoor shows) and archives. You all need Kota Ibushi wrestling Sami Zayn in a campsite in your lives.
http://ddtuniverse.com/ - 900¥/month

SHIMMER - Top US women's promotion. Has hosted the likes of Beth Phoenix, Becky Lynch, Paige, Asuka, Natalya, Mickie James, Ember Moon, Blue Pants, Nikki Cross and more. No On Demand, which is frustrating, as is their release schedule. They're currently about a year and a half behind.
https://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.co.uk/p/dvds.html - $15/DVD

Dragon Gate - Japanese promotion focused around speed and factions. The process for watching their live events is complicated, and documented below.
http://www.f4wonline.com/japan/how-w...d-ippvs-204481 - 1500-2700¥/event

AAA - Lucha promotion, many of it's stars are featured in Lucha Underground.
Clips and shows posted to https://www.youtube.com/user/luchalibreaaatv

CMLL - World's oldest promotion, lucha libre.
"http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02 I think on fridays, and streams on youtube too for the Monday and Tuesday shows: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3l..._j4PGXWLNTt4iQ"

ICW - Staunchly adult focused wrestling from Scotland. The attitude era worship is evident, and may not be for everyone. That said, a lot of great UK talent, and weekly TV show content as well as live events. They're about to run the same venue WWE is taping TV in, and for an indy, that merits attention.
https://icwondemand.pivotshare.com/ - $6.99/month

Others: AAW, AIW, CHIKARA, Fight Club Pro, ATTACK!, WCPW, CZW, WXW, AJPW, NOAH, Freelance, IPW:UK, Pro Wrestling EVE, OTT, SMASH

rrc1594

Lots of journos and folks are upset that Bayley lost in her hometown and I get why, it definitely killed the crowd, but even if I wasn't a Bliss fan I wouldn't be that upset, in fact I'd even call it the right move but only under one circumstance:

They need to turn Sasha tomorrow night...

Here's why:

This story they've been telling is a classic example of an abusive friendship. Sasha has been lying to Bayley, manipulating her, convincing her that only she's got her back, that no one else cares about her like she does, subtly making up stories about other folks talking behind Bayley's back, completely and utterly isolating Bayley from anyone else, etc... This is textbook abuser, I know, I've been through it. Bayey as champion was useful to Sasha, she's sweet, trusting, loyal, and desperate to be liked (hello hugger gimmick), she's also the Champion and Sasha probably figures that in a one on one fight Bayley maybe wouldn't go full court press on her so she'd be easy to beat. This whole story has been Sasha trying to get a title shot from Bayley because she wants that title, that's the only reason she keeps her around....

Well now there's no title. Not only that but now Bayley is at her absolutely lowest: she lost the title in front of her friends and family in her hometown. This is when she's going to need a friend the most, no not a friend, her best friend, Sasha.... But for Sasha there's nothing left, Bayley can't give her a title shot (and she's probably thinking to herself why didn't you just give me one, I even asked nicely) because there's no title. This is the final stage of an abusive friendship: the abuser betrays the person who didn't even realize they were being abused despite all the warnings from others and warning signs, the abuser abandons the abused because there's nothing left for the abuser to take from the abused, and the abused realizes how fucked up everything's been and is left kinda broken and alone to pick up the pieces...

This is the time to turn, because Bayley is at her lowest and that's when an abuser really strikes and really hurts their victim.

Of course this is WWE and instead of telling that story they'll probably have Bayley win the title back at Extreme Rules and Sasha turns after that lol....

WWE is not capable of a well written and booked story like that.

Hasney

Just finished Payback, surprisingly good. I should just dump the garbage-tier weekly soap opera shows and watch some WRASSLIN.

House of Horrors made me worried about if they ever do go with Broken Hardy. Hopefully Matt is still a big creative voice in those. Didn't enjoy Braun/Roman but I don't enjoy either in the ring. The aftermath was all worth it though.

Everything else I really enjoyed.

Fave Five WrestlingGaffers

Plywood
Net_Wrecker
excelsior
Nocturnowl
Bootaaay

Yeah the first two are part-timers but they're still dabest.

*shakes all of their hands*
*puts all of them over*

Shout out to you, Beef, for keeping my name alive in the New New Post-New Generation. I don't know if the young talent around here knows what we did for this business, but when I get my Goldberg style Dad Run in the future, they will have no choice but to love me (and immediately turn on me a week later)

I do agree with Biggest Geek Ever that calling me a part timer is generous though. I'm on the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson contract........ On second thought he's a mark so who cares what he says. Part Timer™ it is. CASH THE CHECKS, MAAAANNNNN.

Menome

Shout out to you, Beef, for keeping my name alive in the New New Post-New Generation. I don't know if the young talent around here knows what we did for this business, but when I get my Goldberg style Dad Run in the future, they will have no choice but to love me (and immediately turn on me a week later)

I do agree with Biggest Geek Ever that calling me a part timer is generous though. I'm on the Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson contract........ On second thought he's a mark so who cares what he says. Part Timer™ it is. CASH THE CHECKS, MAAAANNNNN.

Wait, I missed those couple of pages whilst I was out. I didn't make anybody's list? I'm more buried than One-Arm Cena vs Sandow.

B.J.'s creepy list doesn't count.

Alexa! :D

Looove it.

Although I thought it was kinda sad that they made Bayley lose in her home town lol.

Oh well.

*boo-hoo tears face*

Beefy

Strowman is so good. I really hope creative decides to let him take Lesnar out, he deserves it.

Yep, Braun is the monster heel we have been waiting for. Even with how shit he us usually booked he still looks good. Dude can actually lift people as well. Decent PPV as well I would give it a 6.

Also afternoon Wrasslegaf

Menome

Yep, Braun is the monster heel we have been waiting for. Even with how shit he us usually booked he still looks good. Dude can actually lift people as well. Decent PPV as well I would give it a 6.

Also afternoon Wrasslegaf

Afternoon, Champ.

Top Bottom