• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars V |OT| V is for Voyage! There's an ENG version!

Reishiki

Banned
Okay, so not only does it keep kill counts in their entirety, you get your entire cash pile given to you at the start (12Mil on my save) and your entire TacP stash with the Tac bonuses chosen on the previous run still active from stage 1, even before the factory unlocks.

You also get to pick 5 parts to carry over. Meaning you can take the Hyper Generator (refill all EN at the start of every player turn) and stick that shit straight on the Yamato.

But speaking of difficulty. There are still some challenges in SRW games even if you do upgrade pilot skills and unit stats. Stuff like Gadlight giving you 3 turns to fight him in Z3-1. I find those things fun as well, and I can't imagine you can actually take him down in that time period without him retreating if you don't rely on upgrades.

Even JL Lee couldn't do it? If there're going to be people stubborn enough to do it, he'd probably one of them.

I probably won't be playing Z3 this year, but so far, I've don't think I've ever had a hard time against beat boss that runaway (either by HP or by turn) for an SR point. I'll definitely play them (and already have them), but I avoid playing games of the same series near one another.

I think Z3 still uses 75% damage on assist attacks, so I think it should be easier than V if they're in similar circumstances.

Also, I hate you. You made me panic, gdi.

I'm just finishing Scenario 17
Arsenal Route, and saw the SR Point with Big Bone Dragon. 11k HP and the best damage I remember was around 8k (and that was from a 2L size) and 3k assist attack. That's barely breaking even! I really thought I'd have to reset the stage to get Land Module on someone.

Kira@140+morale + Chitose@140+morale = 9.1k+ 3.7k damage

Possibly easier with Sagara Sousuke, but I didn't get his HP low enough for an easy critical.

That sounds accurate... Choices.

There's nothing wrong with taking your time with SRW. Or any game, actually (unless that server is going to shut off, huhuhu).

But gamers are weird creatures. They are the only mammal that thinks of a "backlog" or having the need to finish games in certain timeframes.

(aka the right way to play).

Kuwabara speaks the truth! I knew you were the best character in Yu Yu Hakusho!

Kinda surprised a month after release a bunch of the secrets requirements are still unknown.

Considering that one of SRW Alpha (or was it Alpha Gaiden?)'s secret was only revealed many years after and were not even included in the strategy guide/perfect bible...

Also, wait until next week.

I think a lot of the insane people (managers) are no longer doing it. The quality of wikis these days are not even up to par with srwzwiki (which seems to be gone now, but has a mirror/copy on masterwiki; at least it looks pretty complete to what I remember.)

Some data on a hidden scenario (around Scenario 18)

Secret Scenario: Black Hero Express

Before route split (from same savefile, yo)
Maito (19 score) + Tri/Guard (16 each) = 51 score

Took Arsenal route(before scenario 18 start):
Maito (24 score) + Tri/Guard (21 each) = 51 score
No secret scenario
Tried Sub Order on Might + GuardDiver (+2 on each) so it brings total score to 55
Still No secret scenario

Took Japan route
(before scenario 17 start):
Maito (22) + Tri/Guard (18 each) = 58
(before scenario 18 start):
Maito (23) + Tri/Guard (18 each) = 59
Got Secret Scenario

So the requirement is most likely Total Score = 55+ before Scenario 17 (or Scenario 15) ends.

Or it's a get X total score between Maito/Diver/Bomber joing until end of Scenario 17

Bebpo

Banned
The only thing difficulty-wise I've noticed in V is the bosses that have the super robo skill that increases DEF as HP go down scale fucking crazy here and I'll be doing a hot-blood best attack with my OG main and it'll do 2k damage, or Big Bang Punch will do 200 damage when the boss is under 1K HP. Never seen anything like that in SRW, I'm using the EX-skill of direct attack which I think negates it? But if you run out of EX points it can be a huge pain to slowly grind down the boss's last 2k HP, 150 damage at a time.

Reishiki

Banned
The only thing difficulty-wise I've noticed in V is the bosses that have the super robo skill that increases DEF as HP go down scale fucking crazy here and I'll be doing a hot-blood best attack with my OG main and it'll do 2k damage, or Big Bang Punch will do 200 damage when the boss is under 1K HP. Never seen anything like that in SRW, I'm using the EX-skill of direct attack which I think negates it? But if you run out of EX points it can be a huge pain to slowly grind down the boss's last 2k HP, 150 damage at a time.

Yeah, I noticed Potential is crazy strong here.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I noticed Potential is crazy strong here.

It's also weird who has it. Like friggen, Jerid from Zeta in his real robo is taking 200 damage from a super robo like Mighty Gaine's strongest attack? Bizarre. But the difference in bosses between who has potential and who doesn't is night and day since the non-potential ones you just tear through their HP and potential ones it's like a bunch of potshots to bring them down.

It's also weird who has it. Like friggen, Jerid from Zeta in his real robo is taking 200 damage from a super robo like Mighty Gaine's strongest attack? Bizarre. But the difference in bosses between who has potential and who doesn't is night and day since the non-potential ones you just tear through their HP and potential ones it's like a bunch of potshots to bring them down.

Yeah, the balance with potential is really wacky. Usually it's easier to kill a boss by immediately nuking it, which is probably why the likes of Mazinger Zero are so powerful since it can even oneshot bosses.

I still find it funny that the beefiest unit by far is the
Belial
, outstripping pretty much all other bosses with its high potential and BS ability.

We've always had pretty sturdy real robots, moreso especially if we're talking about enemy bosses.

And the SR vs RR doesn't really work as an argument. Look at the stats instead.

Mobile Suits are M sized and Might Gain is only also M size, so there's no size damage modifier. Might Gain won't be that much stronger than Kira Yamato in his Jesus Gundam against M-sized enemies.

I'd be honest that I feel kinda weird to see people using RR/SR labels again as some sort of definitive/authoritive measure of ability in gameplay, but this is essentially my first SRW thread in NeoGAF (that isn't that community one). Earlier in the thread, there's someone who's asking if Vangrey is a super robot.

To put a better mindset, it's better to unlink RR/SR terminology from gameplay.

In SRW Z2, Gundam Sandrock has 1500 base armor. Trider G7 only had 1750. The only thing that adds more to Trider is its more HP and L size. And Sandrock is actually much more sturdier in practice - it has a shield.

We even have Daiguard, which, for all essence is a real robot that is in a super robot anime. And his base armor in Z2 is the same as Sandrock.

I'm gonna stop RR/SR discussion here because it's honestly easy to get messy.

Potential is not really a "Super Robot" skill. Potential is usually given to people who "refuse to die", basically. Or they're Super Saiyan. It's why Patrick Cola-Sour (from Gundam 00) has Level 9 Potential. Why Kururugi Suzaku's special skill (
Geass Curse
) is basically a supercharged Potential because Le Douche vi Britannia
Geass'd him to "not die"
. Heero Yuy (Gundam W) has it. Kiriko from VOTOMS has it. Judau and Sousuke has it.

Due to the nature of super robot anime, there'd always be those scenes where they're practically dead, but they have plot armor, plot weapon, and will of god (aka the anime/manga/game creators) so they win against enemies that should have beaten them. It's more or less a blanket skill due to the common-ness of those scenes.

Of course, Banpresto has been using it just to make bosses harder.

I thought I was the only one noticing it, LOL.

I have very strong doubts about Potential itself being stronger. The more likely change here is something changed in the damage formula.

That or it's an effect of the overall higher Armor in this game. Or combination of both.

Never seen anything like that in SRW, I'm using the EX-skill of direct attack which I think negates it? But if you run out of EX points it can be a huge pain to slowly grind down the boss's last 2k HP, 150 damage at a time.

ExAction:Direct Attack has no effect on 底力/Potential.

Might Gain vs Hiryuu (Scenario 18)

Hiryuu/Joe(Lv21) at 5k HP left of 33k (L5 Potential), 分析'd, Plc/5 bonus, 150 Morale, 反骨心.
Maito(Lv20) at 130 Morale + Digital Fairy effect form Ruri

Dourinken ichimonji damage = 3914
damage with Direct Attack = 3914

which is what you would expect since they're both M, and 反骨心 won't activate since Maito's Skill parameter is far lower than Joe's; doesn't break even with Ruri nearby.

There's this skill I can't recall at the top of my head; but it's enemy exclusive and basically reads: Lowers damage against this target as Skill increases.

Basically turning Skill into a defensive stat. Targets with this are SUPER beefy, since their raw stats almost always outpace your own. I think that might be affecting alot of the damage numbers as well.

Bebpo

Banned
I thought I was the only one noticing it, LOL.

I have very strong doubts about Potential itself being stronger. The more likely change here is something changed in the damage formula.

That or it's an effect of the overall higher Armor in this game. Or combination of both.

ExAction:Direct Attack has no effect on 底力/Potential.

Might Gain vs Hiryuu (Scenario 18)

Hiryuu/Joe(Lv21) at 5k HP left of 33k (L5 Potential), 分析'd, Plc/5 bonus, 150 Morale, 反骨心.
Maito(Lv20) at 130 Morale + Digital Fairy effect form Ruri

Dourinken ichimonji damage = 3914
damage with Direct Attack = 3914

which is what you would expect since they're both M, and 反骨心 won't activate since Maito's Skill parameter is far lower than Joe's; doesn't break even with Ruri nearby.

Thanks for the info! Great post. Yeah I thought maybe direct attack wasn't doing anything, but since direct attack says "negates all defensive skills" I thought it should. I guess Potential is not counted as a defensive skill.

There's this skill I can't recall at the top of my head; but it's enemy exclusive and basically reads: Lowers damage against this target as Skill increases.

Basically turning Skill into a defensive stat. Targets with this are SUPER beefy, since their raw stats almost always outpace your own. I think that might be affecting alot of the damage numbers as well.

That could be it as well. But Potential definitely has an effect. Especially high potential. For instance in map 27,
Great Mazinger has lvl.8 potential and takes almost no damage in the last few thousand HP.

Soulhouf

Got the game a few days ago.

C7Mqun1XgAUgq20.jpg

I'm still in the beginning but I'm gonna say that the new engine rocks. The game runs very smoothly on both PS4 and Vita.

I was looking at the scenario chart in the library and I noticed that I missed a map right after cahpter 1 called "Galvanizing Hope".

How do I unlock it? Or is it the branching path when you select the other main character?

flowsnake

Got the game a few days ago.

I'm still in the beginning but I'm gonna say that the new engine rocks. The game runs very smoothly on both PS4 and Vita.

I was looking at the scenario chart in the library and I noticed that I missed a map right after cahpter 1 called "Galvanizing Hope".

How do I unlock it? Or is it the branching path when you select the other main character?

I think that's the DLC one where you get Huckebein and Grungust.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Question about scenario 28 split:
if I choose the AD route do I lose the chance to get eva 13 or will it automatically trigger the 6th and 7th angel kills with the respective pilots needed?

Scenario 19 is probably one of the hardest SR points I've seen so far. Cleared up to Scenario 21 so far (including both routes in Scenario 15~17) and still got all SR points.

Summary of all of Tuatha de Danann's attacks: Tessa makes some orders, Tessa looks cute, some explosion occured.

Also, I swear to that this is what happens in that submarine:
Tessa: Launch something!
Mardukas: Aye Aye Ma'am!
*Mardukas holds up his videocam*
Mardukas: Please look over here, ma'am!
Tessa: ???

I must say I love AS's ECS. I have to give props to whoever thought of this. It's far better than ECS as another bunshin skill. It's blitzkrieg. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a kill or two with all four ArmSlaves properly positioned.

On maps with overly big gap between forces, I tried to put them in a ship, but apparently, 加速/Accelerate is now lost even when you don't use the last 3 move cells. I swear there's an SRW game that won't consume it if you don't move in the last 3 cells it provide. (I think SRW Z3?) You can still collect them (does not consume Accelerate since they don't move) using the ship if you properly position them, but you still lose a few cover distance.

Chitose having a special battle dialogue for enemies with shield. It took a long while before it came up. :|

Scenario 19~21 spoilers
I honestly can't imagine how a duel between Banjou and Hokushin (who's the last Meganoid according to Banjou). All I can see is Banjou trying to step on him, and Hokushin keeps trying to Boson Jump out of Daitarn 3's range.

Also, I really wish they just force deploy anyone with a story related events that isn't obvious in before the stage proper. It gets really weird. Like, pre-stage is a bunch of Gundam events + enemy events. Then in mission proper, we have fucking Dragons appearing. The following dialogues were basically assuming that Anju (+some) were deployed. Like, WTF, dude.

Then Amuro mentions how Nagare Ryouma is the same Ryouma he knew when he was a child due to how he fights...

DUDE, I don't have him deployed! Did he fight by hitting walls inside Yamato's deck? Was Amuro watching the Yamato monitors while he's fighting Martian Successor? -____-

Funny thing is that I have Amuro in ZZ. So the Psyco Frame stuff events is centered on Amuro... but Nu Gundam is on the other side of the map with Judau in it.

Fucking Banpresoft. I'm old enough to be able to handle 5 or so forced deployments. -____-

Just fucking do forced deploys, man.

Tsukumo

Question about scenario 28 split:
if I choose the AD route do I lose the chance to get eva 13 or will it automatically trigger the 6th and 7th angel kills with the respective pilots needed?

you need to select the Space route
It's not point based. You need to satisfy all requirements.

Bebpo

Banned
you need to select the Space route
It's not point based. You need to satisfy all requirements.

But Akarasu wiki says this:

Secret Scenario: Come the Messenger
Shinji must defeat the 9th Angel and the 10th Angel on Scenario 39: Wake up, Time to Die.
Note - You do not have to take any of the Evangelion route splits before scenario 39.

Shinji must defeat the 9th Angel and the 10th Angel on Scenario 39: Wake up, Time to Die.
Note - You do not have to take any of the Evangelion route splits before scenario 39.

Can confirm this is true based on my 2nd run.
Though I'm pretty sure you need to have ACE before that stage.

Tsukumo

I demand to be forgiven [Bows deeply].

Yes! Finally found an English copy at Sino Center here in Hong Kong. Now to get back to the Mainland where my ps4 waits.

Just noticed that they're STILL insisting on the shitty nadesico movie instead of the god tier legendary anime series. Why must they do this? Does this mean no original Aestivalis? No Gai? No Ryoko?

Yes! Finally found an English copy at Sino Center here in Hong Kong. Now to get back to the Mainland where my ps4 waits.

Just noticed that they're STILL insisting on the shitty nadesico movie instead of the god tier legendary anime series. Why must they do this? Does this mean no original Aestivalis? No Gai? No Ryoko?

Ryouko's there.

Just accept Saburouta in your heart. Saburouta's real name is Neil Dylandy.

He faked his death and changed name so the backup twin that currently uses Zabanya would not be benched.

How else do you think he's able to work with Nadeshiko so well? Because he knew how Nadeshiko works from their joint operations with Celestial Being.

Source is gamerobo-suparobov 154 sOxiqg5o0.

Secret Scenario
1. Scenario 8 - have Melda defeat at least one unit. (Must)
2. Have Yamamoto shoot down Melda in 28A -or- have Okita aced by Scenario 42 end.

Yazan/Jerrid
Needs 3 points
1. In scenarios they appear as enemies, shoot them down with a Red Sea/Ocean UC Gundam main character (aka Not Tobia/Kincaide).
1. In scenario where they appear as ally, have them alteast one score each.
2. After Camille joins, have him defeat them.

What's the best birthday for Chitose? Apparently Akarasu doesn't have the list yet.

Also, what will I miss if I play the beginner mode? Is there hidden stage(s) if I have certain SR points or something like that? I kinda liked SR points system in the previous games, but I usually stop caring somewhere in the middle.

I did some testing regarding damage.

It's the exact same damage formula as SRW Z (well, minues ones like Captain Effects/Formation). If you're interested, look here.

There's nothing changed about Potential or Damage Formula. Or Guard, for that matter. It's on the dot.

My hunch was right that it was plainly due to high armor.

That's Banaghe vs
Desert Rommel
, both Lv24, in Scenario 23(
The Sea of Red and The Land of Battles
). Rommel is at 1500~ HP of 22000, so that's his Potential Lv5 at full effect.

Biggest reason why I couldn't believe that Potential is stronger in this game is that would mean that it should also be stronger for me - but it didn't feel like that.

Is it still possible to farm money by killing most enemies on the map and then getting a game over? I haven't done a full playthrough of a SRW game since Advance, but I remember I abused the shit out of that back then.

Bebpo

Banned
So, I'm in the early 30s and Cross-Ange's plot & cast doesn't seem all that bad? Much better than the Mac F stuff. Reminds me of SEED, kinda angsty (understatement) but entertaining with cool moments. Since Cross-Ange and Might Gaine are the only shows in this I haven't seen, I'm actually enjoying watching the plot unfold. More than Might Gaine for sure which has had like fuck all plot movement or characters outside of Joe so far.

My only disappointment is how the units just seem so wimpy and fragile. Even the boss unit looks like a joke. Was hoping the attacks would have more "oomph" to them like SEED Gundams.

Also, man the love and care put into FMP here is great. All the Lambda driver mode attacks like the cutter attack are awesome, and these new grunt bosses with all new animations that weren't in Z3-2 are nice to have.

So, I'm in the early 30s and Cross-Ange's plot & cast doesn't seem all that bad? Much better than the Mac F stuff. Reminds me of SEED, kinda angsty (understatement) but entertaining with cool moments. Since Cross-Ange and Might Gaine are the only shows in this I haven't seen, I'm actually enjoying watching the plot unfold. More than Might Gaine for sure which has had like fuck all plot movement or characters outside of Joe so far.

My only disappointment is how the units just seem so wimpy and fragile. Even the boss unit looks like a joke. Was hoping the attacks would have more "oomph" to them like SEED Gundams.

Also, man the love and care put into FMP here is great. All the Lambda driver mode attacks like the cutter attack are awesome, and these new grunt bosses with all new animations that weren't in Z3-2 are nice to have.

Since its in english I will do another playthrough with the Cross Ange route. I only did the staying at azernal choice.

Also ordered the 1st blu ray collection. Somewhat excited should get here tomorrow.

Also jesus character overload. On scenario 25 and I dunno what to do. That is something I liked about Z3's pairing system could squeeze in more units.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I'm just finishing the stage 32 route split (did one side, on the last map for the other side and then will rejoin) and I have no idea how I'm going to make a team for the last 20 stages with so many good units I want to use. It's kinda nuts that this game feels like it has more units than Z3-2 but doesn't have any squads at all.

I mean I'm pro not having squads and I think squads in SRW suck and slow down the pace of maps to drag and be all about map attacks, but when you have so many good units it sucks benching them. I get SRW's solution is to constantly do route splits but sometimes you want the full cast interacting.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, the Laevatein animations in this are amazing. It's like a completely different unit from Z3. Gets me excited for when the new anime eventually gets to it.

https://youtu.be/zkuvZKj0wWw?t=303

The way the rifle flips out at 5mins in just blows my mind in cool factor. That is such an awesome animation.

It's probably going to end up being my top ACE (right now it's Yamato) because it's just so damn cool to use here.

Tsukumo

Since its in english I will do another playthrough with the Cross Ange route. I only did the staying at azernal choice.

Also ordered the 1st blu ray collection. Somewhat excited should get here tomorrow.

Also jesus character overload. On scenario 25 and I dunno what to do. That is something I liked about Z3's pairing system could squeeze in more units.

It's not necessarily a bad thing. Ex-counts can rank up pretty fast if you use underlevelled pilots, since each level you grow will add one count: if you cast a douple xp on them, you can get four ex-counts on a single kill or even more.
Also the intermission menu helps levelling up the weakest units.
I do a no upgrade run and even without upgrades the game is fairly manageable and there's basically no mandatory units, especially if you deploy Yamato (for... just about anything) and Mazinger/ Daitarn (to scale down armor and reduce the effects of Potential).

Scenario 20~25 really annoys me.

"Chan... Send the Psyco Frame documents to Ptolemaios 2's Ian Vasty."
-Amuro Ray in Scenario 25.

That sounds like a flag for Hi Nu Gundam. But there's no Hi Nu Gundam in the game. Which is disappointing, since it is very fit in the storyline with how they dealt with the UC era + Crossbone.

Then we also have
Frontal, who will join if you fulfill certain condition. Yet, you're not allowed to use Sinanju proper. WHYYYYYYYYY???

These two mobile suits are what I consider to be the most elegant mobile suit design. It feels so near, yet so far.

I'd be more than willing to pay for them to appear as DLC just to see them animated with post-SRW Z style rather than continue sacrificing dragon eggs for another 10 years with no guarantee that they'll use it. I'm running out of dragon eggs, you know. -___-

Super Robot Wars V ~Hi Nu Gundam Premium Edition
-15,000 JPY
-It's the same thing as SRW V, but with Hi Nu Gundam.

It's funny how Judau/ZZ is very integrated into Gundam UC story, but we all know the real reason for its integration was solely because someone (or some people) in Banpresoft wants Puru and Puru Two to meet Puru Twelve.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, so that's why everyone's portraits look so bad. They spent all their animation budget on Mazin Emperor G and Mazinger Zero's animations ( ´_ゝ`)

Okay, not sure what's happening but it seems that I can still take screenshots in this game.

I thought it's supposed to be blocked. I wonder if it's only for the first few stages like Moon Dwellers or not.

hiten

Neo Member
Okay, not sure what's happening but it seems that I can still take screenshots in this game.

I thought it's supposed to be blocked. I wonder if it's only for the first few stages like Moon Dwellers or not.

Yup, it's only available for the first few stages.

Right, it's blocked now. Sigh..

Yeah, it's really dumb. I'm finding stuff that I want to share and having to resort to using my phone to take a picture of the Vita screen, which is just annoying. I don't get why they block everything here after the opening chapters. It's spectacularly stupid.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Welp just finished the game. Mazinger zero was mvp, followed by chitose and setsuna. Hope they revamp the formula some day because I'm feeling a huge amount of suparobo fatigue after playing this and probably will skip the next entry or two.

Asides from the Unicorn/Banshee team up attack, are there any other UC Gundam attacks that require their canon pilots?

I know I'm committing Gundam sacrilege, but I tend to throw out the main gundam pilots and put in supporting characters, mainly women, to try balance out the genders of my pilots a little better.

I had Marida in Zeta (she even has Zeta specific lines!) and Haman in Banshee in Z3, and will probably continue using Marida in the Zeta for this game as well. I recall shoving one of the Purus into Crossbone Gundam way back in A2, though I'm not sure if I'll be using them this time around.

Judau is required for Hi Mega Cannon Full Power.

Don't have Camille yet, but I'd guess that it will be probably the same for Zeta's Crash.

Honestly, I call bullshit on these.

Daguza is now the permanent owner of X1 Kai Kai while his buddy Conroy is on F91. Will be moving them to X1 Full Cloth and Kai Kai respectively soon.

These guys are pirates now.

I'm waiting for Penelope before I move Puru/Puru Two into the pair.

Bebpo

Banned
OG upgrade is nice. Animations are a little short, but nice stuff. Looking forward to the final attack(s) for it.

Bebpo

Banned
Got Full Armor ZZ and a little disappointed. Just 1 new missile barrage attack? Isn't the whole point of FAZZ the gigantic beam gun?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...gff-ver.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101204184731

While the sprite for ZZ Gundam and FAZZ is certainly nice, the ultimate attack is a little underwhelming, especially since this is the first time since @3 getting ZZ in again.

What's weird is that FAZZ has the gun in SRW @2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wLjOtF_1QU

Oh well, only disappointing thing so far in V, everything else is great.

On map 37 now. Been focused on getting my 25 Ace pilots for the best ending. Have 21 so far, and should ACE at least 2 more next map, then probably the remaining 2 after that. Will be nice after I get my 25th ACE because then I can just use whoever I want for the rest of the game. I've been stopping deploying units if they have more than 50 kills so I can get my 25 ACEs asap since I read you need 25.

You're confused, Bebpo.

The original owner of Hyper Mega Cannon (sometimes Launcher) is FAZZ. And FAZZ is not the same as Full Armor ZZ Gundam. Despite the fact that FAZZ's name came from... "Full Armor ZZ". >___>

There was a proposal to add Hyper Mega Cannon (same one used by FAZZ) as an optional weapon on Full Armor ZZ Gundam but it never came to fruitition (or at least never used in combat).

SRW and other games generally puts the Hyper Mega Cannon on Full Armor ZZ and/or even call Full Armor ZZ as "FAZZ" but strictly speaking, FAZZ and Full Armor ZZ are not even the same unit. FAZZ is basically the test bed for the "Full Armor" stuff that was going to be put into ZZ Gundam. Hi Mega Cannon on FAZZ's head can't be fired because it's just a dummy. FAZZ can't even transform or use Core Block System.

So yeah, a Full Armor ZZ Gundam without the Hyper Mega Cannon isn't exactly wrong.

Oh well, only disappointing thing so far in V, everything else is great.

Look around. There's a lot more stuff that is disappointing in V. Have you seen Hyakushiki?

It can't do shit without custom bonus (lol, 2-range P attacks), has no normal Beam Rifle attack, Clay Bazooka is B in air, and it's only reasonable attack (Beam Rifle Rensha) has a goddamn 110 Morale requirement. It's literally a worse version of Daguza's Jegan. And to make things worse, it has no Mega Bazooka Launcher, while I once had Conroy in his Jegan rack up kills until it ran out of EN because they kept targeting him.

>Gundam Team/Beecha = part of Londo Bell
>ECOAS = also part of Londo Bell
>Hyaku Shiki = ???
>Mega Bazooka Launcher = ???

There's also Impulse Gundam. You should have seen my face when I saw ZAFT Red Combination II.

>uses Blast Silhouette
>uses Sword Silhouette
>Only possible in Combination Attack with Shinn

OH GOD, WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Impulse is generally weaker than a goddamn GN-X. And it can't even use Blast/Sword Silhoutte or a Blast->Sword attack without Density.

IIRC, there's a game (GBA or DS game?) where Force Impulse had the the Blast/Sword silhouette simply as an attack. They just switch form in attack animation, but the unit itself remains as Force.

Top Bottom