• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Muramasa Rebirth |OT| Japanese-tastic 2D Vanillaware Action, Reborn in HD

I'm not even sure if the first character is out for the Japanese version yet. I scoured the internet for any footage besides the picture in the OP, and I can't find a damn thing other than the price for the DLC in Japan and a Siliconera article from March 29 saying that the Nekomata chapter is "coming soon."
Thank you for looking. I am a bit surprised by the extra characters. I thought we would get a Kongiku chapter or something.

Sentenza

I wouldn't say that. It's just that the fun parts (the bosses) are spread out between too many repetitive enemy encounters. The combat is actually pretty fun. Though that's on Hard, and I can imagine anyone who played easy might have found even the boss fights boring. Anyone able to say if easy was indeed too easy?
No idea, because I finished the game on Hard as well.
And yeah, the bolded part is exactly what I meant. Which makes the game boring, in the end.

They should probably keep bosses and (some) challenges and redesign what's between these things entirely to make this interesting, because the whole "traverse from 10 to 30 screens of boring random fights to reach the interesting bits" can become excruciating after a while.
And that's coming from someone who collected every single sword in the original game (with the multiple endings and so on).

WTF? It's not coming to Europe?

I just ordered my Vita yesterday and this was one of the games that was making he happy with my purchase.
Sonuvabitch!

chrono01

Thanks, excellent OT.

Is it wrong that I have the Limited Edition pre-order but no Vita to even play it on? If it is, then I don't want to be right!

This is actually the fourth Vita game I'll be purchasing [already have Persona 4: Golden, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward], with Dragon's Crown on pre-order [also picking up the PS3 version].

I'll get a Vita eventually, that will not stop me from building my library of games for it!

Noi

Wait what?

Why the fuck isn't this getting an EU/UK release? Ah, fuck this.

Aksys is a North American publisher, and they're the ones localizing the game. Rising Star Games are the ones who usually do the EU release for the stuff Aksys release, and they even did the Wii version's EU version, but they've said nothing about a EU release for this. :/

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I already own this on Wii, but I'm tempted to buy a Vita just for this. The art is just the most perfect thing in games IMO.

wish vita was hd.

well it wouldn't make a difference, barely any devs put out games at current qhd res :(

Game looks gorgeous, but the wii game was soo boring, so i'm gonna pass on this :(

LuchaShaq

Banned
All the new stuff is DLC.

You are charging full price for a 3 year old port....

Went from a possible day 1 digital to bottom of the gamefly que in one fell swoop.

ZeroAKA

Nobody took this avy, right?

jN1rNoW.png

Atolm

I'm thinking about importing this, but the DLC is holding me back.

Do we know how significant it is?

New characters and new scenarios/backgrounds, it seems

So pretty big for this game I'd say, since the backgrounds are so good. ;(

How can all the new stuff be DLC? I thought it was going to be included in the game. Anyway I enjoyed this a lot on Wii and recommend anyone that hasn't tried it to give it a go.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can't wait to get my CE next week along with Project X Zone. Lithograph looks pretty sweet, might get a frame for it and hang it underneath my signed Lost Planet 2 one.

Never finished the Wii version, so looking forward to replaying this and finishing it, especially with a jump button.

Gonna have to cancel it, I thought I would have a Vita right now, but I can't justify buying one for like 2 games, this and Senran Kagura SV...

Oh well, at least I got to play it on the Wii years ago. Maybe someday I can get it.

i would get the limited edition, but i've no use for faceplates and vita cases.

.....and just 20 bucks for the art doesn't seem...... to make sense :/

sigh....

Rootbeer

Banned
I gave some serious consideration to getting the CE, but I've decided to old off on ordering this game for now and wait for it to be 29.99... I know, it's evil, but I simply have too many games right now and in the coming weeks... I had to make some cuts.

There's no denying that it is gorgeous. That's really the main reason I still have it on my wishlist at this point.

Thanks for the OT. It's very well done

Atolm

I think I'm gonna import the US version and then I'll double dip with the EU version at bomba price just for the DLC.

My Vita is sooooo hungry...

GeekyDad

Don't even own a Vita, but I'm tempted to buy this game just...to own it. Didn't realize they were adding new playable characters. That's terrific. HD? Ugh...melting.

Luckily a swedish retailer imported some copies so I was able to secure one

That means DLC is fucked though?

Vita what are you doing :(

Top Bottom