• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Astarte

I'm pretty hype for this game. I can't handle horror well, but that didn't stop me from finishing REmake and Eternal Darkness.

Karamsoul

Still have to use this gif cause this is still how hyped I am to get my copy.

ToMjGpC1Ee3ifneg6I0.gif

LOL priceless :)

Lucent

I'm officially not watching any more stuff. =l

That newest trailer sort of spoiled a method on beating the Keeper. Or at least fighting back. I mean, I'm sure I would've figured it out pretty fast but now I'll just know.

I thought the framerate issues weren't as bad in more recent builds. If true could it be patched?

Honestly it was...depending who you ask.Some thing it ran fine, others not. Dusk_golem said the Xbox one version seem a bit further along as it ran smoother. That build is at least a few months old regardless. It went gold a week or so ago. No one has played the retail version yet as far as I know. I'd just wait and see.

Scoot2005

Banned
Honestly it was...depending who you ask.Some thing it ran fine, others not. Dusk_golem said the Xbox one version seem a bit further along as it ran smoother. That build is at least a few months old regardless. It went gold a week or so ago. No one has played the retail version yet as far as I know. I'd just wait and see.

Ehhhhh....... STILL GETTING. Day one. MMMMMMMMM survival horror.

Lucent

Haven't seen any trailers/gameplay footages/spoilers/etc since the first teaser. Going in blind. Excitement.

If you've managed to make it this long, I envy you. Keep it that way. I feel like they've done a good job of not showing their full hand so far, unlike RE5/6 where it seemed like they about spoiled everything they had before the game was even out.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you've managed to make it this long, I envy you. Keep it that way. I feel like they've done a good job of not showing their full hand so far, unlike RE5/6 where it seemed like they about spoiled everything they had before the game was even out.

We're on quality control. Something that has to be defined again.

System? Just for reference.

PS4. I was told it's an early build. So fair enough 'PR guy' I'll take your word on it, but it seemed more like damage control.
I also hated those guys. They kept interrupting me while I was playing. Telling me what to do and stuff.

But yeah, Frame Rate really annoyed the hell out of me.

Gbraga

PS4. I was told it's an early build. So fair enough 'PR guy' I'll take your word on it, but it seemed more like damage control.
I also hated those guys. They kept interrupting me while I was playing. Telling me what to do and stuff.

Oh boy. Just preordered it on PS4.

haikira

This game is definitely launching 14th for the UK? Booked the day off for it, but it's rare for games to come out Tuesday here.

antitrop

You should have just quoted the Merchant from RE4 until they stopped bothering you.

Oh boy. Just preordered it on PS4.

Funnily enough I just pre-ordered mine from Shopto. It's the only place I can find it the cheapest. Seriously though, from what I played, this game is going to be something special. I've been waiting nearly 10 years for the next Shinji Mikami great so I'm pretty hype. Again, I hope the frame rate problem is fixed. Other than that, it was fine.

You should have just quoted the Merchant from RE4 until they stopped bothering you.

I didn't wanna be rude but I did tell them to stop bugging me. One guy got the hint but then another person comes over. I'm busy
probing a brain
when someone taps on my shoulder and says "you may wanna look to your right and check this piece of paper for clues".
A few minutes later *Gets a tap on the shoulder*
"Don't shoot that enemy as he can't be killed".
A few minutes later *Gets a tap on the shoulder*
"Conserve your ammo since it's scarce in this game"

Decided to to run around shooting all the vases, meleeing pots and purposefully being sliced into a grinder.

This game is definitely launching 14th for the UK? Booked the day off for it, but it's rare for games to come out Tuesday here.

Yeah it is. But if you purchase it from Shopto, you'll get it early.

Nuke Soda

Man didn't realize this is coming out so soon.

Oh and Ruvick is such a stupid name :/

Ruvik isn't as bad as they could have gone.
Worse names:
Chet (Not a bad name, but not a great name for a horror villain)
Stabby Killerman
Ghost guy
Stalker H. Stalkermen

Gbraga

Funnily enough I just pre-ordered mine from Shopto. It's the only place I can find it the cheapest. Seriously though, from what I played, this game is going to be something special. I've been waiting nearly 10 years for the next Shinji Mikami great so I'm pretty hype. Again, I hope the frame rate problem is fixed. Other than that, it was fine.

I'm waiting for something special, which is exactly why I can't stand this running like shit >_<

Ruvik isn't as bad as they could have gone.
Worse names:
Chet (Not a bad name, but not a great name for a horror villain)
Stabby Killerman
Ghost guy
Stalker H. Stalkermen

Change it to Stalker H. Stalkman, team him up with Stabby Killerman and you got a great set of villains.

Raptor

No seriously how that would work? going into FP perspective sounds bad as hell and distracting.

I tested that on a Gears game I think and was garbage.

TEJ

I haven't seen a single trailer. Does this game have the shinji mikami brand of humor that I love so very much?

TheMoon

Did they really sell that great?

Sure, they probably sold better than RE4, but that is only because of the GCN exclusivity.

if you consider 6.7 (RE5) and 5.9 (RE6) million great then yea.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html#rank06_area

RE4 actually sold 2.3m on PS2, 2m on Wii and 1.6m on GCN. So it sold as much as RE6 has right now. That's apparently without the HD ports and disregarding all PC versions.

Pretty crazy that RE5 is the best selling Capcom game, isn't it? Now THAT is true horror.

Top Bottom