• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

ATTN @PlayStation VR owners, want a front-row experience for @NBA games, top concerts + more? Get NextVR FREE NOW! http://bit.ly/2x3bt7g
DMlYZwpU8AArpxr.jpg

https://twitter.com/nextvr/status/921364903780388865

MattAces

It's going to be an error store listing isn't it :(
*I got so excited forgot to point out.
This is from Doom VFR store listing.

kDut5u2.png

gmoran

OH MY FUCKING GOD PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME.

kDut5u2.png

Hope this is true.

I have been saying for some time that I couldn't see why Doom VFR wouldn't support Aim controller. When it was first announced I assumed it was designed around dual wielding but when the making of videos were published it was obvious that most of the action was with a single assault weapon, using the same weapons as Doom 2016. I tweeted the Dev at the time commenting Aim support looked achievable given the videos and hoping thus was being looked at.

Fingers crossed

MattAces

Whoa, this could be awesome. I'm a huge NBA fan and they have been pushing VR for the last year or so - but nothing was PSVR compatible until this app.

I do wonder though... are they offering legit 3D VR content, or merely 2D 360 degree content? I am FAR less interested if it is the latter.

Just tested, it's 3D alright, every video will allow you to choose 3D or flat media, but I can't tell if it's a porting issue or it was meant to be like this for 3D.
It felt like they're displaying the wrong size for the screen, making me feels like I'm crossed eye and just a short 30 seconds video I'm quite dizzy now.
Video quality is alright, blur as expected and scaling is all wrong. No positional tracking is obvious, so that will be really odd after experiencing positional tracking.
There's a lot of content in here too, it's really worth a download.

Edit: And oh yea, The Game Award 2016 was streamed/recorded by NextVR wasn't it. I see a playlist in here. It keeps prompting me error, slow internet though.
More: When it's working, it's actually pretty good. Watched the game award footage, pretty cool.

kDut5u2.png

Didn't we also get some nav controller support in a store listing for a PSVR game? Hope it's true but will wait untill it's official.

Amazon.fr still hasn't managed to bring me my Aim Controller, ffs ;(

MattAces

Didn't we also get some nav controller support in a store listing for a PSVR game? Hope it's true but will wait untill it's official.

Amazon.fr still hasn't managed to bring me my Aim Controller, ffs ;(

Yea, there's a lot of error listing in PSN for sure. But to emphasize "Enhanced play with bla bla bla" seems a little intentional. Others were just errors like the dev didn't specify anything or unsure what that is when they're submitting their game.

majik13

kDut5u2.png

I thought the whole new teleportation mechanic was built into the gameplay. Like you do the brutal kills or whatever by teleporting?

Does this mean they are changing the gameplay and game when playing with AIM or will it essentially, still be teleportation based when using AIM?

joeblow

Thanks for the NextVR feedback. The NBA will broadcast 27 games in VR live this season, starting with tomorrow's Rockets vs. Mavericks matchup at 5PM PST. It'll be a free preview (most of the others require an NBA Pass subscription), so I'll try it out then.

MattAces

I thought the whole new teleportation mechanic was built into the gameplay. Like you do the brutal kills or whatever by teleporting?

Does this mean they are changing the gameplay and game when playing with AIM or will it essentially, still be teleportation based when using AIM?

Doom VFR confirmed with some form of smooth locomotion since the beginning. You will be teleporting primarily to traverse high spot, the game is probably designed with teleporting in mind, similar to Raw Data, but on a corridor/flat surface you can strafe around.

They confirmed locomotion for Vive since awhile, and the DE PS Blog mentioned strafing around with buttons too.

Thanks for the NextVR feedback. The NBA will broadcast 27 games in VR live this season, starting with tomorrow's Rockets vs. Mavericks matchup at 5PM PST. It'll be a free preview (most of the others require an NBA Pass subscription), so I'll try it out then.

After using it for 5 minutes, it's really screwing up my eyes now. Very minor headache. But overall quality is good. This might be the best VR player yet, not that it's a high bar since others are awful.

Have we spoken about The Wretched? It’s a Sci-fi, Wild West, survival horror which seemingly makes no apologies for being super intense and gruelling for the player. Just a small teaser at the moment, but more info coming soon with a 2018 target for release.

https://youtu.be/SXTIWm1fvsg

Doom VFR + Aim support = day 1.

If it turns out not to be true, it's all Matt's fault for getting our hopes up! Seriously though, good work pulling info together for this thread.

Just bought Raw Data and Arizona Sunshine in the UK sale. Wife is out for the evening, so once I get the kids to bed it's game time! (and kebab and gin time)

MattAces

Doom VFR + Aim support = day 1.

If it turns out not to be true, it's all Matt's fault for getting our hopes up! Seriously though, good work pulling info together for this thread.

Just bought Raw Data and Arizona Sunshine in the UK sale. Wife is out for the evening, so once I get the kids to bed it's game time! (and kebab and gin time)

I'm going to start an anti-DoomVFR movement if it's error listing.
Since this is a December game, there's still time for them to make an announcement in PGW, a bundle or whatever similar to Bravo Team.

joeblow

Price drop soon, probably during psx? I hope there's at least move 2/camera 3 there. Id drop 150 easy for better tracking
That's a "clearing old stock to make room for the new model" discount.

And no, there aren't any significant changes with the new model except the ability to pass through HDR for non VR content. Quality tracking varies from game to game. Some are spot on, so if you have problems with any of those, you may want to have Sony inspect your unit for glitches.

Whoa, this could be awesome. I'm a huge NBA fan and they have been pushing VR for the last year or so - but nothing was PSVR compatible until this app.

I do wonder though... are they offering legit 3D VR content, or merely 2D 360 degree content? I am FAR less interested if it is the latter.

I'd like to know this as well, if it isn't 3d and only 360 stuff, not interested at all.

I'd like to know this as well, if it isn't 3d and only 360 stuff, not interested at all.

Edit: read some feedback above, thank you!

Double post...oops. 😬

Edit: watched a few videos and it seems most if not all are filmed in 180 3D with the choice to watch it flat as well. Looked good to me with the 3d making everything look smaller than it would normally be.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
A local Best Buy finally got the Farpoint bundle in stock. Bought so fast with GCU.

MattAces

Are there any good or at least scary horror-games besides RE7?

Some hated it but some loved it, Paranormal Activity.
Until Dawn Rush of Blood is among the best.
Here They Lie, some loved it, some thought it's mediocre.
The Inpatient upcoming from Supermassive game, until dawn prequel.
The Persistent from Fireaxis studio (they worked on a lot of PS exclusive games)

Tarnpanzer

Some hated it but some loved it, Paranormal Activity.
Until Dawn Rush of Blood is among the best.
Here They Lie, some loved it, some thought it's mediocre.
The Inpatient upcoming from Supermassive game, until dawn prequel.
The Persistent from Fireaxis studio (they worked on a lot of PS exclusive games)

Thanks for the list. Weeping Doll is on sale now, decent enough for 4$?

Top Bottom