• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
orioto said:
Well, i could but it would be fake hiogh rez. I can re-texture the thing actually. Tell me if you want that !
Only if it's not much trouble for you.

I'm going to get these professionally printed and spread the word about your work as well.
Thanks again!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
amazing stuff. i've had the super mario world one as my background for ages, but i'm switching to the world of illusion one.

ace work, my friend.

Momar

aka Ryder
Orioto, love your stuff man. On the Yoshi one, I noticed it looks much more penciled in, where as a few of the early ones (especially the mario ones) have a more paintbrush-esque style to them. Was this on purpose to appeal to the Yoshi's Island aesthetic, or something else?

I'm actually a little concerned with so many requests being rained on you, I hope you don't feel rushed to put stuff out for us! Take your time man :D

orioto

Good Art™
Ryder said:
I'm actually a little concerned with so many requests being rained on you, I hope you don't feel rushed to put stuff out for us! Take your time man :D

Haha, don't worry, i make it when i enjoy making it !

So i updated the Mario World download (on the dev page) to have a 5000x2800 version for print. Obviously it's not perfect at all when you see it like that, but the print should be fine if not giant size^^

samratty

Great new one!

Please keep this page updated, maybe even throw in a few non-game related ones from time to time. You have talent!

zoku88

orioto said:
Haha, don't worry, i make it when i enjoy making it !

So i updated the Mario World download (on the dev page) to have a 5000x2800 version for print. Obviously it's not perfect at all when you see it like that, but the print should be fine if not giant size^^
Anyway you could do the same for the Mickey Mouse one ^^ ?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'm probably in a real minority here. But one of the Oddworld (Abe's Exoddus) games could look wonderful in that style!

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
orioto said:
He he he !

I didn't really dare to do that cause well, it's kind of cocky, but anyway. I would like to discuss some questions about my work with yo neogaf, and i don't want to flood the Wallpaper thread forever.

This way i can resume my last months work, and speak with you about what should i do next and all that, even maybe show some wip.

Here we go : Downloadable Full HD version on each link (download button left)
....!

JESUS FUCKING TITS! You are one motherfucking talented bastard! :)

Very very very impressed.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, can I semi-hijack this thread to ask a question? What kind of place would I go to and how much would it cost to get stuff like this printed into poster form to be framed and put on the wall? I've seen a lot of stuff in the HD wallpapers thread that I'd like to do that with, too.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
:bow: OP. Great work man, keep pumping new ones please. :D
I would LOVE a 1080P res one for PS3 wallpaper. Maybe you and m0dus could even tag team and make the ultimate XMB theme.

EDIT: *m0dus post* OMFG. :lol :lol

MSX2_Metal_Gear_2.PNG

MG2 deserves this.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
m0dus said:
What? :p i am totally not kidding.
I typed my post, clicked submit before your post existed. When the page refreshed I saw your new post and mine right below it. I was like holy shit...YES! :p
Please bestow upon us some arty XMB themes. I'll take em all.

Wow, i must say... great job on all of this. I really like how you portray each game in its unique style. It keeps the game's stylistic touch but it really brings it out strongly. GAF has too many people with talent
:( i'm jealous.

edit. Wow, if m0dus and orioto worked together... my ps3 screen would look godly.

orioto

Good Art™
Wow, i'm just waking up and see good things here :)

Cool m0dus, a collab could be fun ! I'm looking at the pm now !

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
m0dus said:
Heh. well, it wouldn't necessarily be THAT much of a wait. I already had a theme kinda ready to go, but since it is SO similar to the concept that Orioto is masterfully presenting here, I thought it might be a good idea to get some of his artwork in there . . . :)

I can certainly say this much: This remake was one of the flurry of requests that he got in the last couple of pages . . .
OMG.

orioto

Good Art™
Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the m0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
orioto said:
Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the M0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!

Woo.

Looking forward to it.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
orioto said:
Just a little update to say that i finished my wallpaper for the M0dus collab, i sent it to him and now we wait ;)

What game will it be !!
I think I know. ;)

bengraven

I'm going to go against my tag with this one:

liajdflkasjdfklajsdflkajsflkajsflakjfas

This is my first bookmarked/subscribed thread.

Also, Orioto, you'd do my childhood a huge solid by doing a FFVI one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
orioto
Good Art™
(Today, 11:34 AM

:D!
bengraven said:
Please Orioto, I'd pay money for it. Please!

orioto

Good Art™
bengraven said:

You know, FFVI is my absolute fav game also, but i'm not so sure there is an obvious way of doing it in 2D right now !

What Castlevania are you planning on doing?

And if you're taking requests, I'm gonna go Metroidvania and add Zelda 2, Faxanadu, and Monster World IV.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I'll probably be flamed (rightfully so) for not google searching this but... what do I have to do to make this lovely wp as my x360 dashboard background? Just burn 'em on a cd and then select them from current disc -> pictures right? Will the 360 stretch them or just use the fixed aspect ratio>

mm04

Dash Kappei said:
I'll probably be flamed (rightfully so) for not google searching this but... what do I have to do to make this lovely wp as my x360 dashboard background? Just burn 'em on a cd and then select them from current disc -> pictures right? Will the 360 stretch them or just use the fixed aspect ratio>

A thumb drive will work too.

bengraven

orioto said:
You know, FFVI is my absolute fav game also, but i'm not so sure there is an obvious way of doing it in 2D right now !

Celes on the cliff or the Magitech armor marching toward Narshe? Would be interesting to see you paint over Mode 7 graphics. :lol

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Damn, I want to use Orioto's Mickey&Donald's masterpiece as my X360 theme but I can't get rid of NXE's sucky grey bottom half, is there a qay to do this?
Otherwise what would be the point in switching bgs and themes?!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey, missed this thread. Good work Orioto! Im jealous of all the attention :D

If you were gonna do a FF VI one, I think Narshe would be a really fitting place for your style, with all the mining and the steampunk look it has.

orioto

Good Art™
Raging Spaniard said:
Hey, missed this thread. Good work Orioto! Im jealous of all the attention :D

If you were gonna do a FF VI one, I think Narshe would be a really fitting place for your style, with all the mining and the steampunk look it has.

Hoo you're so much talented than me !! Do more fighter artworks ;)

Narshe yeah.. I can see this.. 50-70 hours of work, no thx :lol No but seriously, that's what i was talking about in my op initially.

What i like to do is something that could be an interesting proposition as a version of the game ! And for RPG, i'm really not sure it would be of any interest to do it in 2D now... Now i could do some background research for sure, but i'm not confortable with architecture and such...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
orioto said:
Hoo you're so much talented than me !! Do more fighter artworks ;)

Narshe yeah.. I can see this.. 50-70 hours of work, no thx :lol No but seriously, that's what i was talking about in my op initially.

What i like to do is something that could be an interesting proposition as a version of the game ! And for RPG, i'm really not sure it would be of any interest to do it in 2D now... Now i could do some background research for sure, but i'm not confortable with architecture and such...

I don't know, what I find appealing, and I think most people here can relate, about your style is that that you give us a vision of what a classic game can look like if it was released today in high res 2D. So with that in mind, a high res looking 2D RPG remake is something that nobody has really seen yet (for FF I would ditch the SD character look and make them look more realistic in an Amano way ... but thats just me)

Ci cest difficile a comprendre peut-etre je peu l'ecrire en Francais ;)

orioto

Good Art™
Ca va j'comprends bien en anglais:lol French speaking ? Hey i added you on my deviant journal in my friends !

For the FFVI talk (great talk !), wel ok let's say you give a non sd amano style to character. But i guess you don't see that from top anymore ? Yes ? More a FF VII-IX style with "cinematic" background with different angles ? But in this case, charas should be 3D and cell shaded.

Top Bottom