• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

sgs2008

I updated through geforce experienc eand got lsi bits

0x080000F1 (Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Batman: Arkham Knight)

if nayoen wants them

New AMD drivers are out for the game apparently going by the Steam AK news page. VPN worked and game is unlocked, now to see how it runs on my 970...

Perun

T4yY4SZ.jpg

Unplayable mess with constant stuttering on my FX-8320/R9 280 on normal settings.

GavinUK86

Guys, I wouldn't trust the benchmark.

I got 60+ on average in it but running around the city and it's constantly dropping to ~35fps.

Streaming in the city is stuttery as fuck.

viveks86

Yeah, I saw that - not running at 4K and touch wood so far no flickering.

I've decided to leave the arbitrary 30fps and have everything maxed out, probably sacrilege to most here especially given my system but it is that "cinematic" kinda game so I want it looking it's best.

Please don't kill me GAF!

What performance are you getting without SLI? Your numbers already sound like SLI is disabled.

Ah it's not using SLI anyway. Not bad then for one Titan X. SLI disabled...

Thought so

Thretau

Anyway, to anyone with a 280X (and maybe even AMD in general, but I don't know how other cards perform): for the time being, stay clear.
I have 280X and I'm not experiencing any problems with the 15.6 drivers. Just the game being capped to 30fps.

Windowed (No Border) doesn't seem to be working on my 2048x1152 display. The game fills up the width of the screen, but not the full height. Part of the bottom of my desktop remains visible.

alright, idk whats going on anymore. I turned off all NVidia stuff and put everything on low, I am still getting occasional frame rate drops to single digits on my 970, i5-3350p, 1080p

Yibby

Okay, cool. I hope the game won't take more space after unpacking cuz I have only 18 GB of free space available now.

So right now i have 30gb used on disc and still 14gb to go. That would be 44gb total. But maybe someone who has downloaded everything can check the total disc usage ?

Ok so we've had 2x 280x users and 1x 280 user report terrible min framerates and poor perfromance.

It seems like the new Beta drivers may have improved things on 290/290x but not on older AMD cards.

Please test faster, guinea pigs.

Edit: And now one 280x user saying its fine for him.

viveks86

Ok so we've had 2x 280x users and 1x 280 user report terrible min framerates and poor perfromance.

It seems like the new Beta drivers may have improved things on 290/290x but not on older AMD cards.

What do you make of this?

alright, idk whats going on anymore. I turned off all NVidia stuff and put everything on low, I am still getting occasional frame rate drops to single digits on my 970, i5-3350p, 1080p

Guys, I wouldn't trust the benchmark.

I got 60+ on average in it but running around the city and it's constantly dropping to ~35fps.

Streaming in the city is stuttery as fuck.

Yep, I have the same thing. Flying around the city I am going back and forth between 60 and about 28 when streaming is occurring. This sucks. I've now got all game works off too and it hasn't improved at all.

styl3s

Running everything but Nvidia stuff maxed (or as maxed as the very limited settings allow) on i5/980. Steady 60fps i am pleased.

Although looking at this BMSystemSetting i am amazed at what the "menu maxed" stuff is and will be tinkering with that stuff later and hopefully figure out what the grain option is because eww.

Corpsepyre

Banned

Not the least bit surprised. They've done this before; Working on R9 290/290x and giving the older cards the shaft.

Anyone got word on a 4GB 770? Was hoping for a locked 60 on high settings and no Gameworks. Some of you are now saying not to trust the benchmark the game is a stuttery mess when moving around the city.

theeraser

i5-4690k
GTX 980
8GB RAM
1080p

Benchmark gives me an average of 60, but I get absolutely awful stuttering from driving/flying. Echoing the streaming sentiments -- something's off from how it streams in the environment. Hope it gets fixed... Witcher 3 at 60 gave me some false hope :(

beeswax

Well first impressions of this are terrible. The 30fps would be forgivable if the constant stuttering weren't so jarring. I've found that as is usually the case, locking the FPS using Riva and enabling V-sync in the Nvidia Control Panel gives far better results.

It's worth noting that for some reason, I had to turn 'Application Detection Level' up to High in order to get the Riva OSD working but once I did, oh boy did it paint a horrible picture. Sticking with the default 30fps, GPU usage never goes above 30%, CPU is just chilling too yet the stuttering and general jankyness is almost unbearable.

I tried setting MaxFPS=60 in BaseSystemSettings.ini and while much smoother, the game can barely maintain 60fps for a few seconds even though again, Riva shows CPU and GPU usage to be very low. Not impressed! This game has some serious, serious world streaming issues.

Specs:
i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz
GTX 980 @ 1430MHz
16GB DDR3
1080p, all GameWorks shit off

viveks86

Running everything but Nvidia stuff maxed (or as maxed as the very limited settings allow) on i5/980. Steady 60fps i am pleased.

Although looking at this BMSystemSetting i am amazed at what the "menu maxed" stuff is and will be tinkering with that stuff later and hopefully figure out what the grain option is because eww.

1080p/fullscreen/vsync off?

Is this game coming to Mobile? A bunch of ipad references in the settings

[SystemSettingsAndroid]
BasedOn=SystemSettingsMobileTextureBias

[SystemSettingsFlash]
MotionBlur=FALSE
MotionBlurPause=FALSE
DepthOfField=FALSE
AmbientOcclusion=FALSE
Bloom=FALSE
Distortion=FALSE
FilteredDistortion=FALSE
bAllowLightShafts=TRUE
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=True
MobileClearDepthBetweenDPG=True
DirectionalLightmaps=False
MobileHeightFog=False

[SystemSettingsIPhone]

[SystemSettingsIPhone3GS]
LensFlares=False
DetailMode=1
MobileEnableMSAA=True
MobileMaxMemory=100

[SystemSettingsIPhone4]
BasedOn=SystemSettingsMobile
MobileContentScaleFactor=2.0
LensFlares=False

[SystemSettingsIPhone4S]
MobileEnableMSAA=True
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=False
ShadowDepthBias=0.025
MobileContentScaleFactor=2.0
MaxShadowResolution=256
MobileShadowTextureResolution=256

[SystemSettingsIPad2]
MobileEnableMSAA=False
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=False
ShadowDepthBias=0.016
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.0
MaxShadowResolution=256

[SystemSettingsIPad3]
MobileEnableMSAA=False
bAllowLightShafts=True
MobileModShadows=True
DynamicShadows=True
ShadowDepthBias=0.016
MobileContentScaleFactor=1.40625
MaxShadowResolution=256
MobileMaxMemory=500

Chesskid1

Banned
Do the prompts appear via Bluetooth or does it have to be plugged in via USB?

no idea, but i was using ds4windows wired and i noticed my light turned red (i have it set to blue). that was weird. i slowly noticed it had ps4 button prompts and turned off ds4windows.

3440x1440 @ 60Hz here.

i7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz
2x Titan X SLI
32GB 2400 DDR3

60+ fps Gameworks off

29-45 fps Gameworks on

Hopefully the gameworks can be tweaked or something, I want to game @ 60fps so will leave them off for now...

does 21:9 seem stretched to you? ingame that is

More options available in-game menus is always better, especially if options come with decent tooltips describing their functions. Limiting options to 4-5 toggles with basically "On / Off" and "Low / Medium / High" doesn't allow much customization. A lots of people want balance performance and IQ to their liking and lackluster menus don't allow it.

Graphics options in this game are very sad sight and for proper tweaking you need go to .ini level.

Oh yeah I agree. I'm just wondering why they would do it.

How to disable startup videos:

go to Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Movies and rename the extension for StartupMovie.swf and StartupMovieNV.swf

Efzb.png

After that you load straight into the main menu

Shozuki

no idea, but i was using ds4windows wired and i noticed my light turned red (i have it set to blue). that was weird. i slowly noticed it had ps4 button prompts and turned off ds4windows.

does 21:9 seem stretched to you? ingame that is

Now you mention it... Yes, yes it does... :(

Top Bottom