• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm watching a Twitch stream where they're playing "Zombies" in Battlegrounds. They use a custom server with a password and only the 4 streamers are allowed to pick up guns or ammo. The other 96 people can only pick up melee weapons and they can't crouch or get prone and they only try and kill the streamers.

I can't even imagine how amazing it would be to watch the GB guys try and fend off 100 GB fans in this game, it would be INCREDIBLE!

Wunder

So I'm watching a Twitch stream where they're playing "Zombies" in Battlegrounds. They use a custom server with a password and only the 4 streamers are allowed to pick up guns or ammo. The other 96 people can only pick up melee weapons and they can't crouch or get prone and they only try and kill the streamers.

I can't even imagine how amazing it would be to watch the GB guys try and fend off 100 GB fans in this game, it would be INCREDIBLE!

they'd die instantly

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
how about just play battlegrounds. that zombie mode is dumb. not everything needs zombie modes. just play the game.

- reggie phillsame

-jaded gamer

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Playing through fata morgana and man it's something alright.

First story was mildly interesting
incest insanity and all that good stuff
but I can't say I was particularly entranced by it. It's victorian prosey as all hell. Second story is more interesting though due to the way they played with time.

Also goddamn this music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7TS7zma5E4&index=19&

Volotaire

so any of you got them there zojirushi thermoses

Yeh, they're great! It kept my coffee hot for about 8 hours, and warm for a further 1 hour.

The seal also works brilliantly. Easy to clean but there are a few small parts which can get a bit tedious to disassemble and clean.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what was the most excited they've ever gotten watching a press conference anyway? I remember a lot of comments like 'that looks dope' or 'that looks interesting' but i can't recall a freakout off the top of my head.

patrick with phantom dust? were they even doing livestreams then?

Which is why they're never a live watch for me. Live stream just the conference so I can have my own personal reactions, then if I loved it, I'll do EZA and GB for excitable/pragmatic angles.

Edit: actually I'm not sure GB are suited to talking over conferences. At least in the 'live reactions' style. I want it know their thoughts on the announcements but they are naturally drier on the actual presentation shenanigans of conferences so structurally I'd maybe rather just hear them talk about the conference rather than necessarily *over* it

Jintor

depends on the thing. i'd never watch a nintendo conference with gb only because i watch ninty for the hype. but microsoft, playstation, i like their perspectives there more.

i watch nintendo stuff without any talky-talk for the most part come to think of it and come back to find good reactions later

Antiwhippy

I watch for the funny stuff. If something is hyped I'll decide later on.

Increasingly though i just find myself acknowledging an announcement and then completely ignoring until i can play it.

Which is probably why i had such strong reactions to the last few games I've played.

Hjod

Banned
Watching Breaking Brad Demon Souls, the same dude invading Brad all the time. Potato Marshal, he's coming for Brads soul.

kiguel182

Conferences are so much better with their commentary. Hardly anything there excites me these days so they break the monotony really well.

I can no longer watch conferences without the GB commentary. I'll just be thinking about how GB would react to every funny mishap or reveal.

Antiwhippy

I wouldn't say that i watch them because nothing gets me excited, it's more that i can internalise the excitement within myself.

Rainmaker

Banned
Yeah, I can disagree with them and enjoy their jokes if it's over something that's getting me excited and vice versa. I can't imagine sitting through E3 without them nowadays. I've tried other streams and stuff after the fact to see but Giant Bomb are really the only group that fits my personal taste. I get the appeal of the other streams people do though. Just not what I want or like.

kiguel182

The best part of Ubisoft last year was Jeff's bit over Ghost Recon. I barely remember anything but that.

E3 is dumb as hell, having guys self aware about that and riffing on the show while commenting on the stuff that might look interesting is better than just watching it.

There is cool stuff at E3 sure but most is just there and GB gives color to it.

Catvoca

Banned
Who could forget this classic E3 moment?
vdhuudu34.gif

Rainmaker

Banned
The best part of Ubisoft last year was Jeff's bit over Ghost Recon. I barely remember anything but that.

E3 is dumb as hell, having guys self aware about that and riffing on the show while commenting on the stuff that might look interesting is better than just watching it.

There is cool stuff at E3 sure but most is just there and GB gives color to it.

Vinny doing a callback to "you like that call of duty" on the Beastcast two weeks ago was great.

repeater

I like to watch the E3 conferences live without any commentary (but with chat windows open to a couple of gaming-interested friends) for hype and excitement, then the day after I watch the GB streams for more sober analysis and some fun snark.

kiguel182

What kind of analysis do you want for game marketing? You either think it looks good or not. The E3 showings are such tiny slices that you can't do a serious analysis so your personal taste is all you have to go on.

The only moments I look forward is those indie videos. Some really cool stuff I didn't know about is shown there. Or shown to come to PS4. After my apathetic look at the "year of dreams" I realized that maybe this isn't for me.

Except Weed3, that moment deserves essays written about it.

Hasney

The only moments I look forward is those indie videos. Some really cool stuff I didn't know about is shown there. Or shown to come to PS4. After my apathetic look at the "year of dreams" I realized that maybe this isn't for me.

Except Weed3, that moment deserves essays written about it.

I'm actually the most excited for Devlover Digitals conference. What have they got up their sleeve that warrants more than the Sony stage sizzle reel?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think it's okay to get super excited about marketing. Not my jam, but whatever.
But this "They all so jaded" thing is really, really dumb.

On the one hand people criticize reviews for only using the 7-10 scale, on the other hand they get angry when a preview for a game they want to be good isn't super glowing. Or people not dancing on tables for a fucking kickstarter announcement.

kiguel182

I'm actually the most excited for Devlover Digitals conference. What have they got up their sleeve that warrants more than the Sony stage sizzle reel?

They have their own conference? Didn't know that, their roster is really big so I guess it makes sense.

Edit: also, nothing wrong with getting excited about marketing. Just, I don't know, E3 is just meh for me. And I love stuff like tech conferences but I guess those show more interesting stuff than AAA games.

Antiwhippy

I think I'm just a little sick of pixel art at this point.

Need a break from the artstyle.

Which is also kinda why I'm not super into Dead cells.

kiguel182

Dead Cells looks too much like "I've been there, done that". Theres more interesting stuff that has been released this year that I still haven't played anyway.

Kimaka

I love to get hyped for video games and video game marketing.

Cool trailers at E3 always turn into good games.

The PC Gaming Show had more interesting looking games than E3 did last year. I mostly watch E3 for the fuck ups and marketing struggle to relate to the younger generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom