• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

hitmon

Nevermind, thanks for the link Syntsui.

I will be back when 3% comes. Im almost healed from the devastated Onion Knight pulls, but i dont want to pass from that again, so ill wait for 3%. Enjoy the game, im always watching, im aware of all the news, so im not done guys.

Everybody assemble in discord because this place is burning in ashes.

Love ya all, see you in black friday.

Glad to see you are still around.

Pejo

Some will be I imagine. I heard some folks have moved to other places. I'm staying around though.

Yep, I"m still here too.

How are you guys doing with that ADV pumpkin reaper guy? He handed my ass to me twice already.

Yep, I"m still here too.

How are you guys doing with that ADV pumpkin reaper guy? He handed my ass to me twice already.

Chained orlandu and orlandu divine ruination and killed em pretty quickly. I think holy is the way to go. Rikku for the full party res if you can't kill within the 5 turns.

Forgot to mention, you can break his Attack but nothing else. But breaking attack might help your survivability.

Muku

Chained orlandu and orlandu divine ruination and killed em pretty quickly. I think holy is the way to go. Rikku for the full party res if you can't kill within the 5 turns.

This. I had two Orlandu chain Divine Ruination to finish up quick. I brought shitty Lasswell for the tickets. Thank you Orlandu.

Broseybrose

I was chaining Divine Ruination and still got my ass handed to me.

This will be the first fight where I bring Rikku instead of Ling, and EV instead of WoL.

Need damage mitigation against that swipe.

Maybe I should bring Soleil instead of Rikku... Or maybe I should bring Soleil instead of a Tank?

Ayaka
Rikku
Laswell
Soleil (or Earth Veritas)
Orlandu
Friendlandu

This is what Im thinking because its the Swipe thats killing me.

EDarkness

This will be the first fight where I bring Rikku instead of Ling, and EV instead of WoL.

Maybe I should bring Soleil instead of Rikku...

You guys are making me scared....

Pejo

Maybe I should bring Soleil instead of Rikku... Or maybe I should bring Soleil instead of a Tank?

Ayaka
Rikku
Laswell
Soleil (or Earth Veritas)
Orlandu
Friendlandu

This is what Im thinking because its the Swipe thats killing me.

I mis-timed my Reraise casting with Ayaka the last time, or I'd have probably won. I've been doing divine ruination shenanigans too, but that mofo has a lot of HP. I might just plan it to go over 2 runs. Lasswell is just a total party spot -1 fodder, he offers nothing to the fight. I'[ll go without him for the LB kill and other missions, then I'll just go in with Laswell, Soliel, and Fourlandus. (maybe that will work?)

LucaMac

Trying to join the discord now. What happened here guys? No idea what's going on. Kept up to date with 7* etc via reddit, but GAF itself, what the hell happened?

Broseybrose

Hey Muku, congrats on the Rem! Saw it in my feed lol.

Do you guys think think it makes sense not to take a tank into this fight since the Reaper does AoE damage?

Broseybrose

Trying to join the discord now. What happened here guys? No idea what's going on. Kept up to date with 7* etc via reddit, but GAF itself, what the hell happened?

I think, at this point, if you google news Neogaf youll have most of your questions answered.

Are you not able to get into the discord?

Oh i forgot GAF is back up. There is a Sticky posted by Evilore.

LucaMac

I think, at this point, if you google news Neogaf youll have most of your questions answered.

Are you not able to get into the discord?

Oh i forgot GAF is back up. There is a Sticky posted by Evilore.

Ah...okie dokie. Yea, that makes me a bit less happy to post here. Got the discord working at least...

Shouta

I got my 3rd Emperor Shera, and then 2 Helmless Kains (2nd and 3rd dupe) back to back. Luckily my pain is migitated for pulling Reagan, DV, and Elfried with my 59+5 anniversary tickets.

I just wanted a CG Sakura b/c my best magic DD is a Trance Terra. But now with the introduction of 7* there would be little joy in pulling just a single copy :(

Damn, I wish I could give you some then. I've been getting a lot of dupes with pulls but I have f'ing S2 Sakura now thanks to 1 during my 2nd Anniversary tickets and 2 during my guaranteed 5-star tickets. That's on top of my original and one a pulled randomly a while ago. I'm kind of happy to almost have a Super Trust Master but I can't say I enjoy the concept of it at all. It's really whale-focused unless they intend to change the rates or make 5-star selections come a bit faster than before.

Anyway, before the equipment enhancing event went down, I managed to get some really nice bonuses on some of my key ones.

You can find them here:

https://imgur.com/a/sdWeH

The Knight Emperor is probably my favorite one. A huge damage sword with 15% DEF with heavy armor, 15% in enhancements, and 10% HP. It's like the perfect Gabranth or just physical cover tank weapon if you aren't an evasion tank.

Alkez

A bit late because I run on a different time zone to most of y'all but...

WE'RE BACK! Let's go. Long reply incoming lol.

fionel

Damn, I wish I could give you some then. I've been getting a lot of dupes with pulls but I have f'ing S2 Sakura now thanks to 1 during my 2nd Anniversary tickets and 2 during my guaranteed 5-star tickets. That's on top of my original and one a pulled randomly a while ago. I'm kind of happy to almost have a Super Trust Master but I can't say I enjoy the concept of it at all. It's really whale-focused unless they intend to change the rates or make 5-star selections come a bit faster than before.

Anyway, before the equipment enhancing event went down, I managed to get some really nice bonuses on some of my key ones.

You can find them here:

https://imgur.com/a/sdWeH

The Knight Emperor is probably my favorite one. A huge damage sword with 15% DEF with heavy armor, 15% in enhancements, and 10% HP. It's like the perfect Gabranth or just physical cover tank weapon if you aren't an evasion tank.

You got 2 dupe Sakuras out of the 3 ex tickets?

Yeah the 7 star mechanic in itself is already way too targeted towards the whales but I think they went totally overboard with the Super TMR stuff. Of course, we won't know how it will really turn out eventually b/c we'll have to see how they balance content around the 7* and whether and how they will change the rainbow rates. However being in the dark in the time being I don't feel good at all about any of this.

Omega Weapon being a difficulty 15 trial boss could be a good glimpse into their future design. We'll see.

Speaking of weapon enhancements, I was really excited about it at first but it turns out the rate is very shitty for getting decent abilities (to me, decent = atk/mag/hp over 10%). Still a welcome replacement over raids I think and would be better if they bring back the raid gachas in one form or another.

Your Night Emperor would be really nice for Gabranth though :)

Lyrian

Ehhh? I did that fight just fine with WoL, and an "average" one at best.

You are remembering to ATK break the Reaper, right? Word on the street is that the Reaper is resistant to ATK break, but it can land on it so keep trying and bring backup units with like Orlandu for Weapon Crush and Agrias for Full Break if WoL misses with Weapon Eraser.

Also... if the reaper is ELT difficulty (at an effective 80 EN per try!!!!), what is the difficulty rating of the true boss coming tomorrow that's worse then ELT?

Kind of funny that the potions from last year can used to cheese the fight somewhat. I wonder if Ilias can be used to give a Survivor's Flask to the entire party. Otherwise, unless one is chaining Orlandus/Agrias+2s with a finisher, they aren't clearing the reaper in 6 turns before Doom goes off and Rikku's AoE re-raise is needed to counter that.

Alkez

Would someone be willing to put up an Ace as their friend unit with a Ribbon/Discernment and Rikku's pouch please? I want to attempt Malboro today. Will post the request in discord as well later on. Unsure how many people are going to be active here.

lol!

so....... about the 7* news.

YAY or NAY!?

Well, I said I would quit when 7*s became a thing so...nay I guess lol. This game takes up too much time for me so it would be a good place to stop as a new era begins.

But in terms of a neutral outlook I'm not really a fan. I just don't like that 3* and 4* will eventually be nothing more than TM fodder. I also don't like the impact this has on GL, as people will pull differently knowing that they will need dupes. Specifically time limited units will likely be pulled a lot less.

7-stars were a mistake....

Pretty much with you but am interested for you to expand your thoughts.

Edit: nvm, read your later post. Agreed with your points. I feel like they could have done power creep in a different way tbh. Hell, I thought weapon enhancements was the next power creep lol. But I guess 7*s was the obvious solution.

Thanks! I can't wait to have them both geared. Right now they are both 900 mag with mateus malice but I'm seeing 1200+ GLS out there with her TM.

Directing you to my post, to you, that directs you to my post on builds lol. You don't have to have her TM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252696132&postcount=14102

1. I GOT A RAINBOW AND LANDED GRIM LORD SAKURA AND COULDNT TELL YALL ALLLLL WEEKEND

2. We can't you folks to stop talking about 'oh my god join the discord' for like months and now when we actually need it there ain't a link to be found. Post the link!

Congrats Panther! I was wondering why you hadn't been on discord.

3. No way I'm staying here if You Know Who continues to profit. Hope to see you all in Discord.
I am registered on Discord but I am not sure I am with the correct group.

Will we all be moving to Resetera when it is live?
Some will be I imagine. I heard some folks have moved to other places. I'm staying around though.
I will split my time here and the new site.

I guess at some point we should have a discussion about this (though probably not here lol). I'm happy to remain here tbh. I like the format of the site. But as I said on discord last night I joined GAF for the BE thread, so I'm going where the community goes.

mid83

If you guys are giving out invites to the Discord I'd like one. I've lurked here and I'd like to stay connected to the community.

Whizkid7

Ugh. I can't use Discord at work, so GAF was perfect. If everybody ditches for Discord I'll have to go back to lurking.

I'm not planning on going anywhere, at least. Where else am I gonna go, GameFAQs?

Side note, took care of the reaper, though it was slow going, but at least I have another creepy mask now. TT will enjoy that very much.

Ugh. I can't use Discord at work, so GAF was perfect. If everybody ditches for Discord I'll have to go back to lurking.

I'm not planning on going anywhere, at least. Where else am I gonna go, GameFAQs?

Side note, took care of the reaper, though it was slow going, but at least I have another creepy mask now. TT will enjoy that very much.

Something is being worked on at the moment I believe. I will probably be in all 3 places since it looks like the community will be splintered.

discord doesn't work at work, sooooo that's a bummer.

Discord has a mobile app that can be used. But at works that difficult for me as I'm TM farming on my phone at work lol. God damn, why did Malka have to go and be Malka!

Yeah, I'm using that. Just too many f*cking channels now and it doesn't look good being on my phone the whole time ;P

Discord has a mobile app that can be used. But at works that difficult for me as I'm TM farming on my phone at work lol. God damn, why did Malka have to go and be Malka!

Would someone be willing to put up an Ace as their friend unit with a Ribbon/Discernment and Rikku's pouch please? I want to attempt Malboro today. Will post the request in discord as well later on. Unsure how many people are going to be active here.

Ace up. 7k HP, ribbon , pouch and 100% dark element resistant.

Good luck. I tried Malboro again not long ago and rage quit.

dunno..
until things have cleared up, my stance is innocent until proven guilty..
soo i'll stay..
that being said, as a backup plan, a discord link would be appreciated ;)

So after accidentally pulling a GLS (iNichol evades me still after 8 pulls and 4 of them being gold)... I pulled a Lunera as well.

Is she any good? I'm lvling her, idk what to take from her atm. How are her eventual enhancements?

I think 7 star awakening is dumb btw but lucky to have 2 Luneth now ig. Also dope that he has the best shown 7* look imo.

Kinda happy that they introduced Squall with 7* tho, he's worth it

Shouta

You got 2 dupe Sakuras out of the 3 ex tickets?

Yeah the 7 star mechanic in itself is already way too targeted towards the whales but I think they went totally overboard with the Super TMR stuff. Of course, we won't know how it will really turn out eventually b/c we'll have to see how they balance content around the 7* and whether and how they will change the rainbow rates. However being in the dark in the time being I don't feel good at all about any of this.

Omega Weapon being a difficulty 15 trial boss could be a good glimpse into their future design. We'll see.

Speaking of weapon enhancements, I was really excited about it at first but it turns out the rate is very shitty for getting decent abilities (to me, decent = atk/mag/hp over 10%). Still a welcome replacement over raids I think and would be better if they bring back the raid gachas in one form or another.

Your Night Emperor would be really nice for Gabranth though :)

Yeah, I have some weird luck in regards to S2 Sakura. She pops up when I really want another unit like she's laughing at me.

I don't even know if Super TMRs will be worth it, honestly. It'd need to be insanity to even be worth 6 rainbows. I really do hope they adjust the rates or make selection tickets more plentiful to aid in this.

I really like the Ulrich Kukri as well since I use that on resistance tanks. HP and SPR work wonders there even if it's just a bit.

Well, I said I would quit when 7*s became a thing so...nay I guess lol. This game takes up too much time for me so it would be a good place to stop as a new era begins.

But in terms of a neutral outlook I'm not really a fan. I just don't like that 3* and 4* will eventually be nothing more than TM fodder. I also don't like the impact this has on GL, as people will pull differently knowing that they will need dupes. Specifically time limited units will likely be pulled a lot less.

Pretty much with you but am interested for you to expand your thoughts.

Edit: nvm, read your later post. Agreed with your points. I feel like they could have done power creep in a different way tbh. Hell, I thought weapon enhancements was the next power creep lol. But I guess 7*s was the obvious solution.

Directing you to my post, to you, that directs you to my post on builds lol. You don't have to have her TM.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=252696132&postcount=14102

Congrats Panther! I was wondering why you hadn't been on discord.

I guess at some point we should have a discussion about this (though probably not here lol). I'm happy to remain here tbh. I like the format of the site. But as I said on discord last night I joined GAF for the BE thread, so I'm going where the community goes.

I feel like they could have made 7 stars obtainable a different way if they wanted to make it difficult to get. Something like the evolution material being extremely limited per event and then requiring it to be fully potted in certain or all stats. For Super TMR they could keep the current scheme but only with 2 7 star units maybe?

In any case we'll find out next week.

Managed to down the Pumpkin Reaper on my first go around. Got lucky at the end since my A2 backline managed to survive the sweep attacks. Forgot to used the LB at the end though. ::Head desk::

Edit added: oh yeah!! Thank you everyone who is sharing A2!!

Top Bottom