• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM scores and Rumors.

camineet

Banned
the release of the 3rd-generation / next-gen Xbox:

2008? obviously not
2009? no fucking way
2010? possible
2011? very likely
2012? if not 2011, then yes.

camineet

Banned
Stridone said:
I feel as if this gen has just started. They should wait untill at least 2011.

2011 would be the perfect year for next-gen Xbox and next-gen Wii.

for Xbox, it allows 6 years of advancement in chipset technology beyond Xbox 360, both in terms of when they are released (2005, 2011) and when the hardware/chipset design gets completed (2004, 2010).

Xbox is based on technology from the late 1990s (Pentium 3, DDR memory,
NV2x shader-based GPU that Nvidia had to be developing the core technologies for by no later than 1999 even though the GPU didnt tape out until early 2001)

Xbox 360 is based on technology developed early this decade
(multi core PowerPC, DDR2-based DDR3 memory, R400-based GPU upgraded into Xenos)

3rd-gen Xbox will be based on technology developed late this decade for release early next decade.

as for next Wii, a new architecture will be required. something that's a large leap beyond the Gamecube/Wii architecture, but something that's also very cheap to manufacture. even decent, low-end technology by ATI/AMD and IBM standards of 2010-2011 should be enough to provide a large leap beyond Wii. will allow HD resolutions, slightly to somewhat better graphics than the GPUs in 360/PS3 at resonable framerates, for very low cost, for a box that's well under $300 ($199 ~ $249) like Gamecube and Wii.

also note: even though Xbox 360 and PS3 graphics are far beyond that of Wii, even Xenos and RSX were considered, at best, upper midrange GPUs by 2005 and 2006 PC standards. *not* highend, much less highend SLI/CrossFire.

Busty said:
CELLIUS..... is that you?

Interesting that you should bring up Cellius as the company finally updated their website and now has an official logo.

logo.gif

www.cellius.jp

SuperSonic1305 said:
News/Info:
Miyamoto shot down a Retro developed Twisted Metal clone because it had guns on cars

Huh? Car Combat/Thunder Rally died in the GC days of Retro. I don't think Retro is looking to revive that.

Edit- Curse you _Alkaline_!! :)

Firestorm

I just got my issue (DK). This is one of the worst cover stories I've ever seen. 4 of the 6 pages are spent talking about Nintendo fanboys and what makes them that crazy. The 2 pages with actual smash info is an overview of the game and repeatedly saying that it has a lot of content.

I'm just going to assume they couldn't contact Sakurai and had to settle with talking to RawMeat Cowboy over at Go Nintendo... Although it confuses me why they talked to Nate B about competitive smashers when it's so much easier to just go to http://smashboards.com and ask an admin or someone over there.

Alski

I work for M$ marketing! Hi!
2 questions

1) When does Culdcept Saga come out? (I haven't seen it anywhere)

2) Is this a DL game or released in stores?

NeoUltima

Domino Theory said:
Hey, where in this EGM issue does it talk about Gears 2 ? I have the magazine in my hands but I can't find it. :(
Bottom right corner of page 59. It's just a short paragraph about it.

I was reading the rumor section again today and the person over there missed something. Here's the full paragraph:
Rock Band may have more instruments, but Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock totally shreds it when it comes to sales. That's why publisher Activision is keen to kick out multiple sequels this year. We already know GH4 is on its was (as well as a game based on the band Aerosmith), but I'm hearing two more Guitar Hero titles are also in the works, bringing GH3's sequel count to four. And one may star a group that rocks in mysterious ways.
Bolded is what was missed. A U2 Guitar Hero? man, if they fix the PS3 guitars I'm so there.
I put this in the GH thread but no one cared.

Top Bottom