• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Koshien 2017 coming and Callie and Marie amiibo

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Available July 8 in NA and EU
*Callie and Marie not sold separately in NA
*Orange Squid only available in 3 pack in NA

Summons Callie or Marie to sing songs to you

ChRjvHyU4AALyfJ.jpg

ChRjvKZUcAAdaiY.jpg

ChRkByjUYAA7EK_.jpg

ChRgPClUcAAKsdl.jpg

ChRgPCmU4AA54C4.jpg

ChRi4m5U4AAr75M.jpg

Announced at the end of Splatoon Gachi Bon-Matsuri.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knq0EXCt3rM
Trailer (NA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs
Trailer (EU): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxpPBaCLGPs
Splatoon - Squid Sisters Concert at Chokaigi 2016 (New music at 7:50): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Was it announced what the amiibo will do? Perhaps even more single-player missions? That would imply Splatoon is still being somewhat substantially developed. I hope it's not just for Super Mario Maker costumes.

Also, was this announcement accidental?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Was it announced what the amiibo will do? Perhaps even more single-player missions? That would imply Splatoon is still being somewhat substantially developed. I hope it's not just for Super Mario Maker costumes.

Also, was this announcement accidental?
It showed that you could tap it to activate in Splatoon like other amiibo, was to hype to pay attention otherwise.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It showed that you could tap it to activate in Splatoon like other amiibo, was to hype to pay attention otherwise.

Oh? They already showed them being used? So it sounds like this could be releasing soon!

Toadsili T

Neo Member
MarieAmiibo.png

The cleanest image showing off the function I could get with the scrolling comments on the NicoNico Feed (I should have turned them off). Hopefully translators can try to pull what they can from this.

EDIT I see HawthorneKitty already managed to find better ones. LOL Disregard my post.
Too late... already been quoted; putting the image back.

Awesome!

Obviously Splatoon 2 would have them in new costumes and you could sell new Amiibo.

I'm guessing these will activate Slosher and Splatling challenges.

Now the question is will.they bother make two new 8-bit minigames or just give an extra piece of cosmetic gear.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
MarieAmiibo.png

The cleanest image showing off the function I could get with the scrolling comments on the NicoNico Feed (I should have turned them off). Hopefully translators can try to pull what the can from this.

What is that one character being repeated over and over again? It looks like a cross at the top and an upside-down pretzel at the bottom. Whatever it is, these amiibo have inspired its prolific use.

I wonder when the US will announce these.

What is that one character being repeated over and over again? It looks like a cross at the top and an upside-down pretzel at the bottom. Whatever it is, these amiibo have inspired its prolific use.

Bing translation says July 7th release date? I wonder when the US will announce these.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa~

Fitting, really.

I wonder when the US will announce these.
It means Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (give or take a few 'a')

-shadow-

Nintendo really should slow down the amount they're releasing. They're flooding the market with them and all have completely different functionality and nothing that actually uses them all. It's an absolute mess and I honestly think the entire amiibo market will collapse in onto itself.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have a translation of the functionality? The trailer didn't help.

Top Bottom