• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Kyou

Woooo beat Whitebeard, glad to have him on day 1

Now I can check out of the clash and go back to marco books

mileS

A lot more of you have been clearing Young Whitebeard than I thought would be. Mind you most of you are cheesing him with that fucker Shiryu... (hey I'd probably be doing it as well if I had him lol) I don't think its possible to clear him with TS Luffy if you don't have Boa's ship. Or Boa herself. So I won't be seeing that for a long time.

General thoughts on Invasions/Ambush. I don't like the way they are designed at all. I'm all for content that is tip top elite player tier, but the way they handle it could be better. There are enough things stacked against you to begin with when it comes to farming copies of a character. YWB is one thing, his special is insane (if you max it out) but besides that he is just a nice stat stick. Shanks on the other hand? He is absolutely god tier. The special level turns they start with are stupid imo. YWB seems like he spawns at a decent rate on global this time around (or at least for most of us here) but in general its really low. So hey, say you really want Shanks if he eventually comes out. If you are at that point in the game you probably don't even need the raid that is up to spawn him. So you waste a bunch of gems doing a raid you don't need in hopes of getting invaded. You get lucky and he invades you. Go through a really difficult fight but you manage to kill him. Now you need to farm MORE because his special lvl is unusable. Raids are only 24 hours to begin with. You could potentially work your ass off and farm 30 copies (that would be a ton of work with some insane luck thrown in) wait for a skill up event... and have luck come and bite you in the ass. Get 1 or 2 skill ups and hate life because of it. How would that not sour you on the game? I'm rambling all over the place now and I don't really know a better solution either. All I can think of on the top of my head is having a much higher % chance to skill up an invasion character. It's hard enough to have them spawn and kill them as it is. Being at the mercy of the brutal skill up chance is not fair. Oh and don't even get me started on the skull drop. Never have a low rate drop tied to another low drop rate aka hoping you get invaded.

Hana-Bi

With Corazon I should be able to clear all the forest that japan has right now. Corazon is really the king of forest and one of my most wanted legends. Really awesome that I got him today. :)

For Kizaru forest I need Invasion Shanks though:

44e88b906c1daf5d4fda4ce6bb75acff.jpg

Kyou

And Kuma is max skilled and socketed, back to legend books for me!

Not worth it to try and get a red skull with this team since it's a % chance to show up, a % chance for the skull to drop, and a % chance for one of my two Shiryu hits to kill him. I'll probably try to go for a red skull on Buster Call day since that seems like the easiest one to make a team specifically for Whitebeard on, plus I still need a few skill ups on those guys.

Also something I've been wondering, it hasn't happened yet in Japan but do you guys think the red skull is going to work for 6+ing all red legends?

MKAllDay

A lot more of you have been clearing Young Whitebeard than I thought would be. Mind you most of you are cheesing him with that fucker Shiryu... (hey I'd probably be doing it as well if I had him lol) I don't think its possible to clear him with TS Luffy if you don't have Boa's ship. Or Boa herself. So I won't be seeing that for a long time.

General thoughts on Invasions/Ambush. I don't like the way they are designed at all. I'm all for content that is tip top elite player tier, but the way they handle it could be better. There are enough things stacked against you to begin with when it comes to farming copies of a character. YWB is one thing, his special is insane (if you max it out) but besides that he is just a nice stat stick. Shanks on the other hand? He is absolutely god tier. The special level turns they start with are stupid imo. YWB seems like he spawns at a decent rate on global this time around (or at least for most of us here) but in general its really low. So hey, say you really want Shanks if he eventually comes out. If you are at that point in the game you probably don't even need the raid that is up to spawn him. So you waste a bunch of gems doing a raid you don't need in hopes of getting invaded. You get lucky and he invades you. Go through a really difficult fight but you manage to kill him. Now you need to farm MORE because his special lvl is unusable. Raids are only 24 hours to begin with. You could potentially work your ass off and farm 30 copies (that would be a ton of work with some insane luck thrown in) wait for a skill up event... and have luck come and bite you in the ass. Get 1 or 2 skill ups and hate life because of it. How would that not sour you on the game? I'm rambling all over the place now and I don't really know a better solution either. All I can think of on the top of my head is having a much higher % chance to skill up an invasion character. It's hard enough to have them spawn and kill them as it is. Being at the mercy of the brutal skill up chance is not fair. Oh and don't even get me started on the skull drop. Never have a low rate drop tied to another low drop rate aka hoping you get invaded.

I completely agree with everything you said. I think what it really boils down to is skill ups are, in my opinion, the most tedious thing about this game. I understand they do it that way to keep you grinding and keep the gameplay loop going but it really is just incredibly anti-fun to watch your efforts amount to nothing other than pirate level experience.

As an aside, Almighty Manuals being subject to the same rates as anything else is incredibly questionable. The fact that you can go buy 5 manuals from Bazaar, use them during a double skillup, and get nothing is painful.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I don't have Boa or her ship and I'm using TSL okay for YWB. Team posted above. You really need the sockets though.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also something I've been wondering, it hasn't happened yet in Japan but do you guys think the red skull is going to work for 6+ing all red legends?

I suspect it will. All of the 5+ skulls have been for the specific character, with their image in the background. The legend crystal skulls aren't character specific. It doesn't even mention Whitebeard in the description.

Tidd

So hey, say you really want Shanks if he eventually comes out. If you are at that point in the game you probably don't even need the raid that is up to spawn him.

Good thing that Shanks is the invasion for colosseum stages. You can even get up to two copies in one run with the 2x stamina/drop feature.

bobohoro

Complaining always works. After going 1/12 at the beginning, had a steady steam of skill-ups on Kuma. Now I'm one of max after my recent level-up (which is the point I stop gemming, usually) and will be able to do two more runs for that. Not too bothered if I don't get that final skill-up. Sockets on the other hand haven't been kind to me, still at 5/4/2 (CD/AH/O), hopefully I can at least get one more AH socket.

Should help quite a bit on colosseum and Raid Boa in the future.

Kyou

god I'm like 20 books deep each on both Jabra and Marco without a skill up

complaining here so my luck turns around

commish

Still need 7 skillups for Kuma, but have sockets done. Just need one of those 4 for 5 skill up batches. I'm certainly not going to farm 35 more Kumas today.

mileS

Good thing that Shanks is the invasion for colosseum stages. You can even get up to two copies in one run with the 2x stamina/drop feature.
Oh I didn't know that. Neat. The double Stam would give you x2 drops for even the invasion?

I don't have Boa or her ship and I'm using TSL okay for YWB. Team posted above. You really need the sockets though.
Yeah I stand corrected. That being said, man.. both the ship and Boa herself would make a big difference for a safe run. Also I should watch what I complain about... having a legend that is capable of killing YWB in 1 turn (with the right team) is a blessing.

I completely agree with everything you said. I think what it really boils down to is skill ups are, in my opinion, the most tedious thing about this game. I understand they do it that way to keep you grinding and keep the gameplay loop going but it really is just incredibly anti-fun to watch your efforts amount to nothing other than pirate level experience.

As an aside, Almighty Manuals being subject to the same rates as anything else is incredibly questionable. The fact that you can go buy 5 manuals from Bazaar, use them during a double skillup, and get nothing is painful.

Learned that the hard way. I didn't have many pts to begin with but I spent them all on 5 books after I got TS Luffy. Not a single skill up. I'll never do that again. Need to stop being stupid and save for a skull for WB or ships.

EMT0

Banned
Maxed everything but Kuma's last Despair socket. That'll get handled via a Despair book whenever I happen to get one. Back to Jinbe book farming I go.

Decided to give Kuma a go with my somewhat untested Jimbe team since I'm two points in CD short of socket maxing Kuma. I thought I fucked up because I had Don Sai (2-turn 1.75x fighter booster) and 3D2Y Robin in the bottom row and he knocked off Don Sai. I was under the impression I could reroll the character but I either got the timing wrong or you simply can't. Luckily, I was still able to beat him over the course of four turns. Having to stall for Don Sai's 21 turn cooldown draws it out a bit but I'm not going to put down what works.

Whitebeard decided to show up on my very first run and I was able to beat him somewhat easily. Not only that, I got his skull to drop right away too. Sadly I don't have a WB and it'll take up residence in my box for the forseable future along with his 41 skill books I've been hoarding for what can easily be over a year.

And to top things off, I fed the one Kuma drop to my Kuma and got a point in CD that I wanted.

RedBoot

Got Kuma's last three skill-ups with 12 copies, which I would call "comfortably acceptable" by Treasure Cruise standards. Still one CD socket from max, but I can get that whenever. So my Croc team has Croc, Kuma, Robin, Heracles, and Kalifa all at max skill and about 80% socketed. Short of pulling Legend Doffy, that's about perfect. I'll make sure to farm Colo X-Drake just in case.

I've encountered YWB twice, though my team here doesn't have any hope of winning. I'll try for him directly during Garp and maybe Buster Call.

bobohoro

Well my last two Kuma dupes gave me my last skill-up and an AH socket.
Which leaves me with 3 missing orb sockets, but those can wait for Kuma raid days with nothing better to do, I guess.

Will skip Garp and farm Apoo on double stamina tomorrow, then go all in on the Buster Call Raid as well.

RedBoot

Sure wish I had that new Garp! What a perfect time to socket soon.

I actually farmed for Story Garp the other day since I figured I'd be running Garp for YWB Ambushes, but I didn't get him.

Granted, my Raid Garp only has 2 sockets since I skill maxed him before sockets were added so I can always boost him, but eh.

commish

They really weren't kidding when they said the WB drop was rare. Many kills. Only seen it the once. Oy.

RedBoot

They really weren't kidding when they said the WB drop was rare. Many kills. Only seen it the once. Oy.

At least ambushes in general seem more frequent than what JPN reported. I think I got 4 in 14 runs of Kuma.

If we indeed only get ambushes during special events instead of all raids, then I guess it would make sense.

Kumo

I'm convinced that people who actually have Whitebeard have a lower chance of getting the skull than people who don't. Just further proof that RNG in this game is fully aware of each person's situation.

5 Gems, a few snails and 2 levels ups later, Kuma went 9/33 (27%) and is finally skill maxed! Woot \o/ Woot!

I still have to do his stage a bit more in the future, though. I'm at 4 Anti-Lock, 5 Anti-Despair, 4 Auto-Heal.

ExVicis

Alright finally! Got my copy of Whitebeard! I was having some real horrible RNG on getting the ambush to appear but I got it done finally! Woo!

...no way in hell I'm going to keep farming him. That shit is rough.

Hana-Bi

So with legend Ace I might go for a third Heracles to get the perfect sockets for an Ace team.

My first Heracles has cd poison map damage sockets. My second bind despair heal. My third Heracles will probably get damage reduction heal cd and Ace will get bind despair cd orb damage reduction.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Was wondering what was going on with my game....only to realize that when you attack with Legend Blackbeard he pulls the enemy towards him ....small detail but so friggin cool. Honestly BB is the best Legend, wish i had him.

commish

I thought the drop rate on WB books was the worst in the game. Marco books have since corrected me. I'll be thrilled to get him down to 20 turns.

MiTYH

Ok so good news, I finally have a team that can beat Apoo's coliseum, thanks to pulling Doma. Bad news is, he's not evolved, so the damage isn't enough to actually beat him.

Farming CP9/Wapol FNs for this weekend, will try to get him evolved and farm Apoo on Wednesday or next weekend. Also, loving free stamina from snails, helping me after I screw up the Coliseum matches like a pro

I had no use for Apoo prior to pulling TS Luffy.

Now that I actually have use for him, it seems like TS Luffy is actually really well equipped for farming Apoo. :3

bobohoro

After using two gems to get two copies of Apoo (I don't know why I did that, don't even have a use for him and now put off farming him until another time) I went full tilt and did another senseless pull. 5th silver in 6 pulls, BUT...

...it was Koza. Yeah, I was one of the few who didn't have him yet. So it's not completely bad in the end.
More or less.
At least I'm almost 85% sure to pull TS Brook next sugo.

mileS

Convinced myself tonight was Doffy but I'm a day ahead. Also though Coliseum was done tonight for some reason. Going to procrastinate and save my Apoo farming for tomorrow and going HAM on Doffy the next day. If all goes well I'll have them both maxed.

I needed 1 despair socket to finish my Colo Apoo. I shit you not, it took 40 copies to get that one socket. I counted the turtles in my box when I finally got it. Sockets are doing their best to ruin this game for me.

commish

I have to socket momonga but dear lord is this raid painful to run. Just so long.

EMT0

Banned
it's getting real tempting to give up on Marco but I can't let the game win

edit

tumblr_on0ov0KMcA1qe3p9bo3_540.gif

Congrats! I know exactly how great that feeling is when you look at your maxed Marco

q0AY0.gif

I have to socket momonga but dear lord is this raid painful to run. Just so long.

I ran Buster Call once. It was awful, I'd much rather keep running FNs :<

Speaking of FNs tho, CP9 is going veeeeery nicely for me atm. I need 2 more skillups on Jinbe and Violet, but Squard, Hack, and 3D2Y Franky are all done. I even got most of the way done with my spare unevolved Hack for Sengoku teams.

bobohoro

I think grinding Buster Call is some of the most boring stuff I did in this game.
And the game is of course trolling me. I want Momo/Dalma for some of my teams, get shit for sockets and skill-ups, but Onigumo who I'll probably not use anywhere is already maxed.

Kyou

Congrats! I know exactly how great that feeling is when you look at your maxed Marco

q0AY0.gif

Never again will I look at a forest team that reads "You can easily beat it with these four easily obtainable things! ......(and maxed legend marco)"

also on the note of Buster Call, I've always found it to be one of the more fun raids. It's long but it's really easy and has interesting enough stages.

Prepping myself now to do double shiryu doflamingo runs. Hope I can finish socketing my legend Doffy(only like 3 or 4 sockets left) and get a crimson skull. I don't really care too much about maxing Whitebeard but I want to get one of those skulls just in case. I'm also not really liking how weird they're being with the phrasing of YWB being only during this clash of clashes.

Yeah, Buster Call is boring. I run it for rr Momonga sockets. 1 useful socket out of 9 copies so far...

I'd have more incentive to run it if the YWB rate wasn't so abysmal. Part of me still want to run a YWB-able team just in case but that would mean I have no choice but to run my IntHawk team which unfortunately is pretty damn slow having to stall out debuffs with GPU. I'd be able to run a Jimbe team IF we had NM Luffy or I'd be able run a SW Ace team if we had Byrnndi World. I think I'm better off holding off on Momonga socket farming just in case I should ever pull a RR Onigumo. I sure as hell wouldn't want to farm this raid again when one run can take between 5 and 10 minutes depending on what team you're running.

mileS

I got Apoo down to a science now. Impossible to die or screw up unless I miss the middle of my chain on him. Aokiji is the mvp here on my team. That 2 round orb lock is a life saver. Eliminates any chance of getting screwed on orb luck. Not like that is much of an issue on TS Luffy teams but still, you'd be surprised at how often you can get stuck with 3-4 food or tnd orbs. If its anything but them I'm golden.

As far as skill up's and sockets on Apoo? pretty awful so far :( I'm averaging 1 skill up per 15 copies or books. About 1 useful socket every 10 copies. Have yet to get a single bind socket either. That's alright though. Double stam makes it much easier to deal with that bad luck. Not to mention all the times I've got x2 atk CC. Worth it!

*edit* okay starting to get a bit sour. I just went 0/30 with Apoo. Getting no decent sockets along the way. Skill up event end early or what ffs. Sure feels that way. Fuck global rates.

bobohoro

Fuck global rates.

Yeah. At least I got Momonga maxed by now, Dalmatian is still 3 off max. I think I went 3 in 30 for him today, getting 4 useful sockets out of him. Sockets were awful all across the BC units. For how annoying the raid is to farm, sure feels like several kicks in the gut. Will just stop here, don't have the energy to go on today. Might just farm a few Momonga sockets in next weeks Tsuru FN instead, double stamina continues to be awesome.

At least updating the google doc gave me some feeling of progress.

Will steadily get some Corazon books next two weeks, don't really have much to farm in April except for Boa and Kizaru (don't think I can do Akainu still), which is actually quite decent timing, since I'd rather play some Nier and Persona in April.

Hana-Bi

Ran the Buster Call raid 30 times today. YWB appeared once. Yeah, I don't know why they even bother to bring him for 40 stamina raids with such a low chance...

With 30 copies my Momonga still has no despair socket...

For Doffy raid tomorrow: will try a double Barto team for YWB and Doffy out. Should work.

RedBoot

Yeah, 1/20 on amushes on Garp, and 0/19 on BC (gonna do one more when my stamina refills). I screwed up the Garp run because I left a Pistol Girl alive on stage 2. I'll have to run Doffy a bit to try and finally get a YWB copy.

Strawberry and Dalmatian are done, but Momo and Oni are lagging behind a bit. I've had bad luck with this raid in general, doesn't help that it disappeared for like 5 months earlier.

Top Bottom