• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

v1perz53

There is no danger.

Everyone ignores each other until you run into the dude that ganks you with three of his friends and then disappears.

If you wanna feel danger, just roll an alliance toon on Tichondrius and try to do WQs solo. Basically impossible to land at any flight path without seeing 5+ hostile nameplates. And it is almost a guarantee that at least one of em will attack you. Benefit of being a Guardian druid is that they can't kill me, but still very annoying.

Got so bad that I had to realm hop to PvE realms on my loremaster toon who I was trying to read quest text on, since I couldn't get through reading a single quest's text without getting attacked/killed.

There is a 25% discount on bnet, thinking of getting Legion and a char transfer (PVE is too nice, want to feel the danger).
Can't find any info on how long the sale lasts, anyone know?

Don't swap to a PvP realm, really just don't. This expansion is the worst it has ever been to play on a PvP server. Whether it be a server group that is balanced, horde heavy or alli heavy, in all cases it will lead to no fun or enjoyment and either frequent or occasional frustration. And this is from someone who has never played on anything but a PvP server since day 1 of Vanilla, but my god I would switch to PvE in a heartbeat if it was a more feasible option.

If you wanna feel danger, just roll an alliance toon on Tichondrius and try to do WQs solo. Basically impossible to land at any flight path without seeing 5+ hostile nameplates. And it is almost a guarantee that at least one of em will attack you. Benefit of being a Guardian druid is that they can't kill me, but still very annoying.

Don't swap to a PvP realm, really just don't. This expansion is the worst it has ever been to play on a PvP server. Whether it be a server group that is balanced, horde heavy or alli heavy, in all cases it will lead to no fun or enjoyment and either frequent or occasional frustration. .

...That's the server I'm choosing to transfer and rolling alliance.
Have a priest and I am concerned it will frustrate me a bunch, since I just like to heal with her, but I want her in that server since she is my only tailor. I could just create a druid first and see how fun it is to play or not in that server, I do miss the good ol' days of ganking people while questing but that was a long time ago, now with cross realm and smaller maps it makes me wonder.

Edit: Beaten several times over. Still don't like what they've done with Kil'jaden. Every recent assault on Azeroth just makes no sense to me.

I mean...they just kind of repeat their plans over and over without any kind of significant twist. In WoD the Draenor orcs wanted to invade Azeroth again and somehow that was supposed to work out even without the power of drinking the blood of Mannoroth. Like...they were objectively weaker. And here we are again with an invasion that has no real leverage. Kil'jaeden is supposed to be the Deceiver...but now he just throws himself headfirst at Azeroth after losing ground and the pawns working for him. He is not as intimidating or clever as he should be. The entire Burning Legion is like one giant joke at this point.

I enjoy the lore as much as anyone else but I don't expect much from Blizzard beyond a Saturday morning cartoon villain or some borderline nonsensical redemption/corruption pivot. I don't think you're wrong, the characterization flies in the face of all the build-up Kil'jaeden's had over they years, but what Blizzard is doing is sort of par for their course.

durran3

Neo Member
How does a Tank find a guild in this day and age - It's almost impossible!!

I'm an 895 Prot Warrior and no one wants Prot warriors nowadays to push mythic content - On top of that getting in a guild as a tank has become so difficult cause every guild just needs 2 tanks lol

Maledict

I enjoy the lore as much as anyone else but I don't expect much from Blizzard beyond a Saturday morning cartoon villain or some borderline nonsensical redemption/corruption pivot. I don't think you're wrong, the characterization flies in the face of all the build-up Kil'jaeden's had over they years, but what Blizzard is doing is sort of par for their course.

It's exactly the same as Azmodan in Diablo 3. Supposedly the greatest strategist in the infernal realms, and yet his master plan is to throw his army at the worlds greatest defensive castle, all the time telling you whenever he gains an advantage just so you can stop it?

Blizzard can't write baddies anymore it seems.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I'm an 895 Prot Warrior and no one wants Prot warriors nowadays to push mythic content - On top of that getting in a guild as a tank has become so difficult cause every guild just needs 2 tanks lol

you join as a dps and eventually switch to tank

I wish raid groups required more tanks.

Lomax

Back when even heroics required CC and a lot of coordination (plus a specific gear set), no one wanted to be a tank and that was always the instant queue. But these days with it being trivial for anyone to change specs and blast through stuff as an off spec tank, it seems like tanks are plentiful and now it's always healers that are lacking.

I'm laughing at this, I find pvp in the world hilarious. I'm usually a bitch who kills people weaker than me. I stay away from people who are stronger or who seems nice (they use /wave emote)

Apr 4, thanks!

You might like Emerald Dream. It's RP-PvP (although barely anyone role plays beyond "kill other faction") and known for world PvP. Pretty evenly distributed between Horde and Alliance, although Horde has more guilds that do World PvP.

Not as good as it was in MoP, but still pretty good.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
im actually surprised that 7.2 is coming out next week.

unfortunately i cant unlock my artifact weapon's new traits unless i leave work early on Tuesday.

ugh.

Xeteh

I legit can't get over how little survivability I have on my Enhancement Shaman in PVP. One stun and so many specs can just blow me up in these FFA brawls. I'm probably a bit undergeared since I don't raid but man it is depressing.

Lain

Been a while since I saw so many people doing the lower AP WQs. I guess the announcement date for 7.2 did its work.

Sölf

Been a while since I saw so many people doing the lower AP WQs. I guess the announcement date for 7.2 did its work.

I am at 51 traits and that's more than enough. I will do Maythic+ on 2 days this ID and we also have a raid on Monday (albeit all farm bosses are already down). Maybe I reach 52, but I doubt it. Doesn't really matter that much anymore to me.

I am really hyped for the new Mythic+ things that come. Lower and Upper Karazhan will be hellish with several affixes. The Chess Event with stuff like Volcanic or Fel Explosion (or whatever the affix is where things spawn that you have to kill)? Oh joy, I can't wait.

Weevilone

So I was really having fun, but I was dissatsified with how much time I was putting into the game. I was pretty much doing all the daily stuff and I was one of the first people (in my circle) to get my artifact to 35.

But I hit a wall there. The artifact didn't feel exciting after that and I was already annoyed with myself for putting so much time in every day. I have this all or nothing mentality that's not healthy so when I hit the wall that was it. Turns out I was the first domino and no my guild isn't raiding.

Of course now I'm refreshed and excited about 7.2. :-(

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
New key art for 7.2
keyArt.jpg

It's exactly the same as Azmodan in Diablo 3. Supposedly the greatest strategist in the infernal realms, and yet his master plan is to throw his army at the worlds greatest defensive castle, all the time telling you whenever he gains an advantage just so you can stop it?

Blizzard can't write baddies anymore it seems.

That's definitely the most obvious external example, but you don't have to look that far back in WoW to find relevant examples. Just look at the build up of Kargath Bladefist and The Shattered Hand in the Warlords animated shorts. He and every orc gladiator slave trapped with him cut off their own hands to free themselves and murder their ogre slave masters...only to show up in an ogre gladiator arena fighting for their entertainment in a raid.

Then there's the even weirder redemption/acceptance of Grommash in the end cinematic for defeating Archimonde.

Tanks are paradoxically the most and least needed spec in the game. Tanking is great for leveling and doing WQ's in PVE, generally easy for pick-up groups and relatively fast with the dungeon and raid finder but once you want to start looking for a guild to start raiding with, it gets hard. Most established guilds have their tanks and off-tanks. You've got to be willing to play any or all of your specs depending on what your class is. I imagine it's easier for Druids, Paladins and Monks than Death Knights, Warriors and Demon Hunters.

So since the last time I've been here I've:
Switched factions
Switched servers
Started a Death Knight
And just grabbed legion with girlfriend

My DK is only level 70 but I'm super excited to start WoTLK soon, and I'm enjoying the game as much as ever. Will probably also get into a DH and a hunter so I can try out the new content while my DK catches up.

Glad to see you're sticking with it and enjoying it.^^

Ha, I love Wyrmrest Accord NA. Hearth in to Orgrimmar from leveling my DK in Mount Hyjal to unload vendor trash, repair and all that and there's this super impassioned debate about whether or not Garrosh was right in the bombing of Theramore going on in Trade Chat. Fucking love it.

Tarazet

I managed it by pugging Mogu'shan Vaults, doing the dance on Will of the Emperor fight and topping the DPS meter as a Guardian Druid. There's hasn't been a good fight like that to show your chops in a while.

SO, uhh, this community is strange. A guy just gave me 300k g, a vial of sands and gifted me Legion just because he thought I was a girl or he was just being overtly friendly.

Oh and I took a trip to Goldshire. to see what the fuss was about.-shudders-

Jag

SO, uhh, this community is strange. A guy just gave me 300k g, a vial of sands and gifted me Legion just because he thought I was a girl or he was just being overtly friendly.

What realm. Moonrunner?

Oh and pro-tip for people who unsubbed. You can make a low level and still play it up to level 20 for free if you just want to check out some UI changes, etc.

I keep some low level toons to jump on every once and awhile.

Godan

As a tank i hate doing star augur in a pug. People have no idea what to do to get ride of the ice debuff on you even when you explain to them

Maledict

What the hell is key art?

Apparently it's a very bad picture of Illidan pointing at his own wing whilst a demented Kil'Jaeden cackles like a clown gone wrong in the background.

On the plus side, it's better than split-ends Varian fighting a mentally-handicapped hunchback purple demon.

Hugstable

Banned
I was reading some article on MMOChampion this morning about getting prepared for 7.2, and I'm currently level 108 and hoping to hit 110 either today or tomorrow. They said

-Previously earned Artifact Power items will not be usable on the empowered Artifact Weapon, so don't stockpile your AP tokens.

During my time leveling up, I've pretty much saved all the AP gaining items so that I could use them on my healing spec once I'm ready to heal dungeons. Are these the items they are saying are not gonna be usable anymore in 7.2? Should I be using them immediately so I don't miss out on all those points due to them being unusable after Tuesday?

Lomax

I was reading some article on MMOChampion this morning about getting prepared for 7.2, and I'm currently level 108 and hoping to hit 110 either today or tomorrow. They said

During my time leveling up, I've pretty much saved all the AP gaining items so that I could use them on my healing spec once I'm ready to heal dungeons. Are these the items they are saying are not gonna be usable anymore in 7.2? Should I be using them immediately so I don't miss out on all those points due to them being unusable after Tuesday?

I'm guessing pre-35 they will still work, but safest bet would be to go get your healing artifact and dump then in now, there's no real reason to wait until 110 to do that.

I posted this in the 7.2 news thread but didn't get any answers. Can someone tell me which classes were the weakest at the expansion launch and if they've improved in 7.2?

I remember warlocks weren't doing so good?

v1perz53

Yea those are the items they are talking about. But also, it isn't really a big deal since once you hit lv 110 you can buy Artifact Knowledge ranks (not sure how high it goes once 7.2 hits, might be able to go right to 25), which DRAMATICALLY increase the amount of AP you can earn. For example, even if it only goes to AK 15 when you hit 110, you would earn ~11,000 AP from a single random dungeon, which is probably more than you've saved the entire time levelling and collecting AP items so far.

There's also no reason to save them (unless you just haven't gotten your healing weapon yet, which you can get at 102 if you picked a DPS one first). They never change in value, so you might as well just use them now for either healing or DPS weapon, they end up being small change compared to what you can earn at 110.

Tarazet

I posted this in the 7.2 news thread but didn't get any answers. Can someone tell me which classes were the weakest at the expansion launch and if they've improved in 7.2?

I remember warlocks weren't doing so good?

Frost Mage was very weak at launch, and is now one of the best DPS specs.

Survival Hunter is supposedly really good now, but the spec rework has been met with universal rejection even though it is kind of fun.

Shadow Priest was only good in raids with STM at launch. Now it's much more well rounded.

Feral was bottom of the barrel and still kind of is. 7.2 is giving it a buff.

Magnus

How much are level 100 boosts now? (or is the 110 available at this point?)

The WoW shop outside of the game is being mum about the price for some reason. I don't understand why. And my sub is lapsed, at least until 7.2

Trying to decide if I should faction/server transfer two of my toons for $40 each or (if the boost is still $60), just boost new ones, since both my toons are only around level 90.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

the first one lol

How much are level 100 boosts now? (or is the 110 available at this point?)

The WoW shop outside of the game is being mum about the price for some reason. I don't understand why. And my sub is lapsed, at least until 7.2

Trying to decide if I should faction/server transfer two of my toons for $40 each or (if the boost is still $60), just boost new ones, since both my toons are only around level 90.

It's still $60 for 100 boost.

Frost Mage was very weak at launch, and is now one of the best DPS specs.

Survival Hunter is supposedly really good now, but the spec rework has been met with universal rejection even though it is kind of fun.

Shadow Priest was only good in raids with STM at launch. Now it's much more well rounded.

Feral was bottom of the barrel and still kind of is. 7.2 is giving it a buff.

Frost DK was another that was under tuned at launch, but ended up getting one of those "dramatically increase damage to every ability" patches early on.

Hidden appearance for subtlety rogue dropped for me today, finally. This is probably the most annoying one to try and get because of the various stages of RNG that has to be dealt with.

First you have to hope and get a vault ticket from a mission. These seem to come pretty often so it's not that big of a deal.

After you have a ticket to turn in you then have to hope that one of the options to choose from are the keys needed to enter the instance. I've only been seeing them maybe one or twice a week so this part sucks.

And once you enter the instance you have to keep opening chests in hopes of finding another type of key to use once the timer has run out. These keys have a low drop rate and I averaged at least one key per run-through. Most I got was four.

Finally, the final stage is opening chests with the key, or keys, you collected from the previous part.

As lame as it is to just buy the hidden appearance like for Beast Mastery, I'd easily take that over going through something like this.

Tidalwave

Hey NeoGAF. Any tips on trying to find a legitimate guild? Im still relatively new to the game but had my guild of friends fall out and everyone's gone. Still learning a lot about the game but would still like help even if it means server transferring.

I'm on Proudmoore ATM.

What a twiiiiiist.

I was on an RP server Alliance. I went into stormwind and started crying. A night elf lady came up to me and asked me what was wrong. So i gave her a sob story of how I was "robbed" outside the gates. I lured her out to a farm nearby. My friend was a horde and waiting behind the place.

I managed to convince her to take off her weapon. Still not convinced I saw an enemy NPC nearby and chased after it. As soon I turn around my friend is dead and she has another friend with her, a 110 Paladin. He tells me my vile ways are over and I should prepare to die.

Needless to say that was fucking epic.

the first one lol

He don't even know if I am. I don't even use a girl character. He literally gave me a shit ton of stuff for nothing. He gave all the "girls" in our guild stuff.

Kinda wished I had checked out WoW during either TBC or MoP. I love the PVE, dungeons and raids in both expansions, although from a raid standpoint I'm more familiar with TBC's content.

Hey NeoGAF. Any tips on trying to find a legitimate guild? Im still relatively new to the game but had my guild of friends fall out and everyone's gone. Still learning a lot about the game but would still like help even if it means server transferring.

I'm on Proudmoore ATM.

Check out WoWProgress to see which servers have active raiding communities to try and figure out where you want to go if you want to transfer, or if you want to stay on Proudmoore and what guilds you should be looking to try and get into. Proudmoore's community is kind of a toxic dumpster fire.

Top Bottom