• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

13randO

Would Michalis's Iote's shield ability work well with Ninian so she wouldn't get bopped by Falchion users? I honestly can't think of another A ability that I would give her.

You could compensate your Nino with Darting Blow, but if you have the components for Horse Emblem you might as well.

I have a buttload of Florinas so I've got Dartings Blow for days. If she wasn't -Spd I could have put a Fury 3 as her A slot and turned her into a monster

Curse you RNG!

Now that I think about it I don't have Odin on this account so no blade tome for Ursula. Horse emblem is gonna have to wait.

I have a buttload of Florinas so I've got Dartings Blow for days. If she wasn't -Spd I could have put a Fury 3 as her A slot and turned her into a monster

Curse you RNG!

Now that I think about it I don't have Odin on this account so no blade tome for Ursula. Horse emblem is gonna have to wait.

Honestly, you don't really need triangle coverage to make Pony Emblem work; you can begin right away if you want. It's optimal to have 3 -blade users in it for maximum destruction, sure, but if Nino Kuni is anything to go by, even one -blade user can wreak havoc.

Okay, so I assumed I still didn't have the units for Lunatic Michalis, but then I read someone did it with Nino, Olivia, Linde and Eirika. All of which I have, and with Nino, Linde and Eirika at 39+ 5*.

So I guess I should ask now: what am I doing wrong? I've been taking the left-side approach and letting Nino strike the blue lance first, dancing her, then pulling Olivia back. That's all fine and good, but eventually I run out of space to maneuver and one of my units remains exposed. No one is able to tank a hit.

(my Nino is +hp/-atk, which is awful but what can I do, if that matters)

EDIT: Tried right-side approach instead to hit the flyer. Better, but Eirika needs to tank TWO hits from reds, and she just can't do it. There's still not enough room to manuever. I hate this map.

Blue-kun

Today I burned 179 orbs exclusively on reds.

I wanted Eliwood 5*.

I got an Eliwood 5* on my very last pull.

It is -atk +res.

I weep.

After yesterday's failures I thought today was a better day, so I went at it again after amassing another 20 orbs.

C7w6bTZXkAAjevE.jpg:large

But then Abel is -spd. I guess it's better than nothing, anyway.

I'm really tempted to try working my Nino up from 3* to 5*...

Actually now that I think about it, I probably got a good majority of the roster but mostly in 3*,4* form.

lt519

I don't agree. We don't know the nature of his Nino, and he doesn't have Eirika so the best path to Nino Country is cut off. It's really not good advice to blow more than 22k feathers on a Nino if you don't know her nature. It could be -spd/+res for all we know, and then he's fucked.

Maybe I'm to blame for hyping up Nino too much but to be clear to everyone, Nino works best with a very specific type of team composition. I went all in on her because I already had a 5* Eirika, a +spd/-res Nino, and was lucky enough to pull a Ninian on the latest banner. You can't just take any Nino and throw her onto any team and create a monster.

Look at this guy for example.

That guy? That guy should be using Nino, which is what I told him to do.

Eh, don't forget you are battling AI, I think any Nino nature is fine for him given what he had available. He could wait forever for a good nature pull or just dive in, it's not bad advice. Especially with Skill Inheritance you can work around bad natures. For the longest time I played not even knowing Nino added his buffs to his damage output and was getting perfect runs in the arena anyway using Roy as my Red and Robin which does no buffing at all (Odin and Jagen just sat in the corner quietly).

Getting people spun up about IVs when you play against AI isn't worth it IMO. He could wait to build a team around Julia too but it doesn't matter. Your Nino might be perfect but I'd destroy your team in the Arena cause you aren't controlling it.

Alkez

Damn, first time I've been burned on this game. Did 30 pulls trying to get Minerva. Not a single 5*. Didn't even get any decent 4*s like Camilla or Fae and I only pulled greens. I'm glad I'm F2P lol.

Sushen

Jaffar seems pretty good although I'm still sour on -atk/+spd nature. If he got plus on either atk or spd with no negative on both, he would have been a monster.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm really tempted to try working my Nino up from 3* to 5*...

Actually now that I think about it, I probably got a good majority of the roster but mostly in 3*,4* form.

Yes yes. More Ninos. Free kills for my team. More! I put a green tome breaker on my Julia because I was facing so many Ninos. I'm talking every other match was Nino.

Zafir

Jaffar seems pretty good although I'm still sour on -atk/+spd nature. If he got plus on either atk or spd with no negative on both, he would have been a monster.

Yeah I got lucky with a +SPD -DEF nature and he seems really strong at taking enemies out before they hit him. That said, he dies super quickly if he gets caught out.

Sadly, I'm not sure I can fit him onto my main team which at the moment is Eirka, RobinM, Ninian and Takumi. RobinM is just too useful against enemy Takumi's, Eirka's buffs are fantastic, Ninian dances Takumi and everyone dies.

Edit: I'm just messing around with skill inheritance but I've a few questions -

Where's a good resource for skill inheritance recommendations? I'm using the planner a bit myself and coming up with some personal ideas, but it's always good to get other thoughts just in case of them thinking about something I didn't.

Also is there a limit to how many skills you can inherit? Can you choose what to overwrite if so?

Sushen

A quick question as I forgot. Do we get +1 only when we merge 5* units, right?
Also, what happened to SP of the unit that is merged?

lt519

That's mine, he can tank Julia or Cecilia which is awesome. To Commish's comment, I'd rather run into a Julia then a Nino because Jaffar can OHKO her but a buffed Nino can wipe my Jaffar.

But yeah if you already have a Takumi he doesn't make much sense on your roster. But I do like him over Kagero. Wish I hadn't spent the 20k feathers on Kagero.

McNum

I was using Nino before it was cool. /Hipster

It's actually a little unnerving at this point. I know how scary she can be and now I'm facing her every two-three matches. Ran into one that could beat mine in a straight-up fight, too. That's really scary.

Mupod

well after some thought I'm gonna keep focusing on the Ninian banner. I'll have 20 again tomorrow, which is important because at the massively high appearance rate I'm reaching I want to be able to pull all orbs in case I get a 5* in the blues I open.

I didn't know it predetermined the contents of the orbs based on your current appearance rate before. I made the mistake of backing out the last time I got a 5* at 5.5%, because I would have had a huge chance of pulling Lucina, Marth or Roy if I'd opened the last 3. I thought I was fine with just Lyn as my red, and look at me now I almost never use her anymore because she's -atk and Lucina is far better.

This week is actually an exception because I just said fuck it and tried doing arena with my 3 highest stats (Lucina, Lyn and Merric) plus 4* Ursula. Since it's a pretty awful team I've lost a few people this run, and even if I win two more I don't think I'll beat my goofy horse team's score.

This was unexpected to fight in arena. Although I could see the guy was using Hector and Effie as well.

The only thing then I find strange is that he isn't using Ward Armor.

huh. I assumed Karel's weapon was unique.

Still haven't gotten a defense this season yet.. that's bad.

yeah, I usually have 5-6 by now. Dunno what's going on - maybe the problem is I don't have a lot of inheritance stuff on my guys.

Windforce

Damn, first time I've been burned on this game. Did 30 pulls trying to get Minerva. Not a single 5*. Didn't even get any decent 4*s like Camilla or Fae and I only pulled greens. I'm glad I'm F2P lol.

It sucks, sorry to hear that.

Also annoying in this type of game is having those lucky friends who pull non focus 5 stars out of nowhere while we struggle to get the damn FOCUS heroes.

Draxal

Yes yes. More Ninos. Free kills for my team. More! I put a green tome breaker on my Julia because I was facing so many Ninos. I'm talking every other match was Nino.

Every match either has Julia or Nino so I consider g tomebreaker a must now.

Mupod

Finally, finished the flier quest. Wasn't easy, I generally had to avoid fighting ranged because as a fragile all-melee team it's hard to keep everyone alive. Here's hoping they put out more challenging stuff with good rewards.

I only have 2 Gwendolyns, a -atk Sheena and the free Draug so that last one is never getting done, though.

It sucks, sorry to hear that.

Also annoying in this type of game is having those lucky friends who pull non focus 5 stars out of nowhere while we struggle to get the damn FOCUS heroes.

my friend is 100% free and has 12 5* units. I've put $60 in and have 4. He started playing a few days before me, but I've gotten far more of the free orbs because I've cleared every quest. He also has like 60 saved up still.

Question about summoning

Imagine the 4 heroes of the focus are for example all red but there are no red stones for the next summoning session so what happens to the 3% chances for the focused characters ?

Mupod

Question about summoning

Imagine the 4 heroes of the focus are for example all red but there are no red stones for the next summoning session so what happens to the 3% chances for the focused characters ?

It only applies to red orbs. But the base % chance for pulling a 5 star increases for both the focus and non-focus as you continue to fail to find a 5*. You can see for yourself if you check 'appearance rates' on the banner. It's 4.25 + 4.25 for me right now, but I try to only pull blues. If there are none I go to greens, but there's no chance of a focus unit, so it's just praying for a Hector at that point.

Question about summoning

The game never actually rolls for color, only heroes, so....nothing.

(It means it's a cue to back the fuck out of that summoning session ASAP)

It only applies to red orbs. But the base % chance for pulling a 5 star increases for both the focus and non-focus as you continue to fail to find a 5*. You can see for yourself if you check 'appearance rates' on the banner. It's 4.25 + 4.25 for me right now, but I try to only pull blues. If there are none I go to greens, but there's no chance of a focus unit, so it's just praying for a Hector at that point.

So for non-red unit I will get 6% chances to have à random 5 stars unit ?

I don't understand what you mean by "Roll"

Mupod

I never thought of it that way. That explains why I see so many goddamn grey orbs on this banner. I know I'd just get Lucius if I ever touched one, though.

So for non-red unit I will get 6% chances to have à random 5 stars unit ?

I'm not sure at all where you got 6% from...

Sushen

I'm starting to realize this. Unless I'm super lucky, only 5* I get are from focus. There is no point fighting against it wishing for something that's 0.2% chance. A painful lesson I learned after blowing most of my saved orbs.

Sure, there are some lucky people out there but I'm not one of them.

What is the minimum required for the Narcian strategy for the Hero Battle? 3* level 40 Narcian? Mine is 2*, could not do the 3* back then. Not even sure I have enough time to level him up to 40.

Mupod

What is the minimum required for the Narcian strategy for the Hero Battle? 3* level 40 Narcian? Mine is 2*, could not do the 3* back then. Not even sure I have enough time to level him up to 40.

2* wouldn't work. His emerald axe is the whole reason it works.

I mean he's a fine investment of 200 feathers, I didn't have high enough level characters to get his 3* version back then either. He helped me get a 0 damage victory on Michalis and clear the 10th stratum flying unit quest.

It's 1.5 exp and you probably have tons of crystals, not unreasonable to get him up there.

2* wouldn't work. His emerald axe is the whole reason it works.

I mean he's a fine investment of 200 feathers, I didn't have high enough level characters to get his 3* version back then either. He helped me get a 0 damage victory on Michalis and clear the 10th stratum flying unit quest.

It's 1.5 exp and you probably have tons of crystals, not unreasonable to get him up there.

Yea will go for it, thanks!

Mupod

For speed leveling, I always bring a dancer. I also learned something kinda interesting today trying to create a level 1 olivia with dance - you can't normally use dance on a dancer, but if you unequip dance (or sing) it lets you do it. If I ever get Ninian that's how I'll power level her.

Hiltz

I could please use some GAF wisdom to make a decent team from basically this group of units:

5 Stars:

Eirika lvl. 40

Kagora lvl. 40

Reinhardt lvl. 40

Lucius lvl. 20

Roy lvl. 1

4 Stars:

Female Corrin lvl. 32

Olivia lvl. 31

Adult Tiki lvl.

Cordelia lvl. 39

Cecilia lvl. 36

Raven lvl. 26

Might as well start ranking up my +Atk Cherche. Brave Axe+ and Deathblow together seems insane.

Can't find someone with Deathblow aside from Ursula so Attack +3 will have to do for now.

Sorry I feel dumb but I still don't understand it, the game does not choose colors randomly ?

Game rolls heroes. Each hero is a color.

So if a game rolls a 3-Gunter, 4-Eliwood, 3-Matthew, 5-Lyn, 4-Nino

You'll see a Green, Red, Colorless, Red, Green. Just hope you pick that 2nd red instead of the 1st red.

Theosmeo

I could please use some GAF wisdom to make a decent team from basically this group of units:

5 Stars:

Eirika lvl. 40

Kagora lvl. 40

Reinhardt lvl. 40

Lucius lvl. 20

Roy lvl. 1

4 Stars:

Female Corrin lvl. 32

Olivia lvl. 31

Adult Tiki lvl.

Cordelia lvl. 39

Cecilia lvl. 36

Raven lvl. 26

I'd say eirika, kagero, reinhardt and olivia

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So Fire Emblem Echoes actually comes out a month earlier in Japan (April 20th), compared to the West. I think the next banner/map we see will be Fire Emblem Echoes related.

I hope they changes the daily hero rotation to give us some of the units from Echoes.

Cerium

So Fire Emblem Echoes actually comes out a month earlier in Japan (April 20th), compared to the West. I think the next banner/map we see will be Fire Emblem Echoes related.

I hope they changes the daily hero rotation to give us some of the units from Echoes.

I'd be mighty tempted to pull for a Celica assuming she's a mage.

From Reddit, I present to you Healer Emblem

And they say healers are trash. lol I mean, they still are, but hey, somebody made it work (with a dancer)! >.>

This is fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom