• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Space Bros ep 29

kMWEm.png

This image seems like it could be useful for something.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You mean
ILikeFeet

Whichever
his Hitomi-obsessed incarnation
was!

Madpierrot and wonzo are watching it too. I think I convinced someone else, but I can't remember. lol

I genuinely think it's better than Monster, but more because it offers something new (to me) rather than anything involved with production values or whatnot.

I was about to ask why the hell you were comparing Sukitte to Urasawa's Monster, but then I realized what you meant, lol.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, it's totally different, it's shaped almost like a female body in the first episode and then it shifts to the classic Obari style, it's really weird.

I'll probably watch it :(

Iczelion is watchable but the main is Nagisa and she is stupid and shitty.
You will like Kawaii, nami, and Kiiro though.

I'm not going to ask how you people managed to make ONE THOUSAND POSTS in eight hours, and I don't want to know.

Dont look at me.
I'm at work!

Somewhere,
From the Dust is on suicide watch

Oh shit.
I remember he liked her a lot.

Madpierrot and wonzo are watching it too. I think I convinced someone else, but I can't remember. lol

I genuinely think it's better than Monster, but more because it offers something new (to me) rather than anything involved with production values or whatnot.

Ah, that's good then. I barely see any impressions of it here so I thought Tonari drowned it out. So far I'm enjoying them equally. I'm really glad they're both different in tone so far since it makes them even more enjoyable for me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well. Legitimately sad now. Wasn't really sad before and i was sort of joking but now I am. *sigh*. Oh well. It's been fun... sort of... I guess.... later...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was about to ask why the hell you were comparing Sukitte to Urasawa's Monster, but then I realized what you meant, lol.
Tonari, yah weeaboo! lol

Ah, that's good then. I barely see any impressions of it here so I thought Tonari drowned it out. So far I'm enjoying them equally. I'm really glad they're both different in tone so far. It makes them even more enjoyable for me.
Yeah, I think most people are watching Tonari since it is the more accessible of the shoujos this season. It certainly has the right pedigree attached to it and I do enjoy it on its own terms, but I'm glad there's something a bit more challenging. It's almost too bad that they are airing the same season, since if I only watched one, I probably would go with the safe choice of Tonari as well.

(Kamisama really is the dark horse here. But a shoujo version of Natsume doesn't really do anything that stands out compared to the other two shows lol)

Yeah, I think most people are watching Tonari since it is the more accessible of the shoujos this season. It certainly has the right pedigree attached to it and I do enjoy it on its own terms, but I'm glad there's something a bit more challenging. It's almost too bad that they are airing the same season, since if I only watched one, I probably would go with the safe choice of Tonari as well.

(Kamisama really is the dark horse here. But a shoujo version of Natsume doesn't really do anything that stands out compared to the other two shows lol)

Yeah, Tonari is definitely more accessible whereas Sukitte is more for fans of Shoujo anime. I'm just glad we're getting not one, but three shoujo anime in one season lol. Kamisama is okay so far. I'd probably like it more if I weren't enjoying the other two so much. I'm probably going to hold off the rest of Kamisama until I'm desperate for a Shoujo since they don't come often.

sonicmj1

Well. Legitimately sad now. Wasn't really sad before and i was sort of joking but now I am. *sigh*. Oh well. It's been fun... sort of... I guess.... later...

I just really like the Wall of Shame the way it has always been.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings...

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Insularity, guys.

Time to move the thread to Community Community.

wonzo

Banned
Medaka Box Abnormal 2

Gainax certainly did a fantastic job with Maguro, so much so they actually managed to surpass the source material! The next episode should be great insofar they don't spend the entire episode on that
dumb fucking security door/gate/whatever.
This really does feel like they're trying to make up for just how lacklustre the first series was and if the troll ED's anything to go by then this is gonna be great. Now they just need to announce a third season and all will be right.

I don't know anything about anime, but I got the worst nostalgia pangs for Bubblegum Crisis, the show that served as the gateway drug to Blade Runner for a very young daycru. Is there any kind of streaming solution or otherwise where I can rewatch the original series?
Looks like it's up on Hulu.

Articalys

Oh, I see that two season 2's got announced at the Dengeki 20th today. Can't say I'm surprised that Railgun finally got another chance, but more RKB did take me by surprise.

Still working on skimming through this mess of posts. Will work on a slightly more detailed Madoka review than icecream's spoiler from the trailer for movie III.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 52

I forgot how fuckin awesome Zeno is. All the adult Zoldycks are so badass.

Fight was good. Animation wasn't as amazing as it was in the Uvo fight, but still fun to watch.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, Tonari is definitely more accessible whereas Sukitte is more for fans of Shoujo anime. I'm just glad we're getting not one, but three shoujo anime in one season lol. Kamisama is okay so far. I'd probably like it more if I weren't enjoying the other two so much. I'm probably going to hold off the rest of Kamisama until I'm desperate for a Shoujo since they don't come often.
Haha, yeah, that's true. I don't think I could ration it out like that unfortunately, although it probably makes sense to do so. lol

Defuser

Can't say I'm surprised that Railgun finally got another chance,
J.C.Staff ain't gonna let their cash cow go to waste. I don't think they want another Shana situation again. Besides if they want to do Index 3, Railgun 2 has to be done first due to a certain characters.

Articalys

Something else random I just remembered: I swear one of the guys in the row ahead of me was using the same picture of Sawa Okita (from Tari Tari) as his cell phone wallpaper that Taichi did in the show.

cajunator

Banned
Something else random I just remembered: I swear one of the guys in the row ahead of me was using the same picture of Sawa Okita (from Tari Tari) as his cell phone wallpaper that Taichi did in the show.

Sawa is very awesome.
Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Uchip

Banned
Hunter X Hunter remake 52
I thought this was better in the original for the most part
the nen looks like kamehameha beams now :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom