• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to head to lego store today but due to lack of sleep for my fiancé, had to head home.

If work lets out early tomorrow I'll head to it, but it may need to wait till Saturday. Been waiting for over 6 months to go to the stores due to budget and time restraints after a major move -_-

Ponn

Banned
Mystery of why the other thread has been moving so slowly solved!

Did I miss any heads up on that Rocket Racoon Polybag at Toys R Us about when and what it's for?

You have to buy $100 worth of Kre-o sets.

I built the halloween Bat tonight. Fun build, bat is so adorable especially holding its pumpkin. Going to carve a pumpkin and put him on top of it with his little pumpkin.

You have to buy $100 worth of Kre-o sets.

I built the halloween Bat tonight. Fun build, bat is so adorable especially holding its pumpkin. Going to carve a pumpkin and put him on top of it with his little pumpkin.
My bat is perched atop the Haunted House chimney. Pumpkin is on the porch.

ghostmind

It sounds like the Detective Agency will be available on January 1st, so between that and UCS Slave I start saving your VIP points now.

ghostmind

ta23Aq4.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
We really need triple VIP to help make a dual purchase of Slave I and Detective Agency viable for more people :3

I'm considering another purchase this month since triple VIP is not yet confirmed for this year. Will wait till the last day of the month.

I finally got this (and below MSRP). This was the set that almost ended my dark ages but I balked at the $119 price.

Now my Rancor will have a roof over his head.

Zerojul

OwN2EO6.png

Glad I got in on Monday, but since then my order has been 'in progress'... Might just ring them up in a minute.

Both Town Hall and Pet Shop show as "Out of Stock" (and not "Sold out") on the European S@H, but their days are numbered for sure. Glad I got them both before they disappear forever and/or get crazy expensive.

Andrin

I feel a bit lucky right now :)

I found a couple of bags from CMF season 5 at a local store and managed to get Cleopatra, the Small Clown and the Royal Guard.

And they had a recently opened case of CMF season 12 too, so I was also able to get the Gamer, Space Miner, Dino Hunter, Spooky Girl, Warrior Goddess, Jester, Female Genie, Swashbuckler and Wizard.

Ryuuroden

Now I want him to make one with The Tumbler and set it to Untitled Self Portrait.

DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!

I went to one of his other links that were associated and saw that Megablocks HALO ship that's the size of the Super Star Destroyer, 2800 pieces. I was like holyfuck, I had no idea Megablocks did sets that detailed and big now. They have definitely gotten better but it also highlighted one of the reasons I am not a big fan of them. They still rely way too much on hyper-specialized parts that really have limited use outside that set. It's great for one off modeling but really limited creativity. Lego has a lot of specialized pieces too but they are more generic and can be re-imagined in so many more ways. They are also specifically designed to a standard measurement that make them hyper-versatile. I do not think megablock bricks have reached that point yet. What I mean by this is that for example, all the bar pieces made by LEGO are sized to be able to thread through any holes in any of the blocks or clip to any of the clip type bricks or connect to even the top of a lego minifigs head. Even the antenna type has multiple thicknesses that correspond with different attachment types to allow many different options and they are all legal connections. bricks and plates and stud on the side bricks all mathmatically have points at which they will connect without putting stress on the connection with all of them facing different directions. This fact is one of the reasons my Orthanc has been enabled to do what it does so far design wise. There are certain patterns you have to use and so on if your mixing stacking bricks and plates but they will re-align with each other after a certain number, etc. Same with putting plates sideways along a brick wall, with mutliple stud connection points on the way up.

Both Town Hall and Pet Shop show as "Out of Stock" (and not "Sold out") on the European S@H, but their days are numbered for sure. Glad I got them both before they disappear forever and/or get crazy expensive.

Dangit. Stop posting Town Hall purchases guys. I think I may cave on the Town Hall if they ever get any at my LEGO store. At worst, I can resell it if I change my mind. Pet Shop is a must get for me.

Dangit. Stop posting Town Hall purchases guys. I think I may cave on the Town Hall if they ever get any at my LEGO store. At worst, I can resell it if I change my mind. Pet Shop is a must get for me.

The Pet Shop is tempting me right now. Tempted to order today and use my $25 worth of VIP credit.

If you have any interest in modulars, now would be the time for Pet Shop. Town Hall you can take or leave (mine is already broken down into a parts pack) but Pet Shop is great.

theaface

Picked up the Parisian Restaurant, cat bauble and snow hut bauble from my local store just now. That's me done for double VIP month!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
About to order Santa's workshop. I notice that Lego now works with Yodel. It might be a coincidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if my problems with TNT helped contribute to this decision.

Ponn

Banned
So i'm trying to build my newly rebought Mines of Moria. Unfortunately i'm finding because of head issues i can't concentrate enough and get nauseous after about 2 bags and have to stop. :( I'm finding a new found respect for this set though, I still don't like how its like different set pieces instead of one but i'm appreciating the designs a bit more being forced to take my time. I'm thinking of actually picking up the Dol Guldur set now and maybe combining these two into a proper Mines of Moria scene.

Has anyone seen any good MOC's of a Balrog? Even better with instructions?

Santa's Workshop:

Numbered bags 1-3.

Bag #1 = Sleigh and Reindeers.

Bag #2 = Building part 1:

IeSq3b4.jpg

Completed:

AjX0hHw.jpg

Bag #3 = Building part 2:

4xqEVUe.jpg

Completed and attached:

EW9eXSU.jpg

Santa delivering presents to the Cottage:

9DV22XX.jpg

All my winter sets:

1bB8qLN.jpg

Hoping for Triple VIP in November to pick up the Market.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Santa's workshop looks lovely. Picking it up next month along with the second promo set hopefully.

Does the toy machine/conveyer belt fit inside at all or is there no room?

Santa's workshop looks lovely. Picking it up next month along with the second promo set hopefully.

Does the toy machine/conveyer belt fit inside at all or is there no room?

I'll check when I get home. But yeah it might be my favorite winter village build. The first part of the building looks especially nice and the build has a nice mix of old techniques and new stuff.

If you're really into big interiors like the Cottage you'll be disappointed, but for those I get the modulars. I like how the Winter Village sets are smaller and focus more on smaller set pieces like the sleigh in this one, or the ice rink in the Bakery set, or the Christmas tree in the Toy Shop set.

I like the Santa flying above the cottage. Is it attached to the building in any way?

I didn't but you can attach the sleigh to the chimney.

Krilekk

Banned
Just ordered Pet Shop and Town Hall. Better be safe than sorry, if they are in stock again by November I might cancel them. But Pet Shop has now been out of stock three times in two weeks, looks like the end is near. Haunted House was gone a week after being out of stock for the third time in a month.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
The cloth cape on the Hun/Mongol Warrior minifigure is great. More of that please. Too bad the series still uses those awful skirt cloth pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom