• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Arksy

They open at 10am PST.

I have two questions myself;

1. How big is the client?
2. Anyone know of any promo codes to use on purchase/preorder.

Arksy

Christ almighty. Games are getting boatled. Yeah hopefully i can DL it before BETA :)

Edit: Ok bought the game but there's an error which means that people who buy the game atm don't have it come up for download, anyone know of a mirror where i can dl the game?

Christ almighty. Games are getting boatled. Yeah hopefully i can DL it before BETA :)

Edit: Ok bought the game but there's an error which means that people who buy the game atm don't have it come up for download, anyone know of a mirror where i can dl the game?

Uploading right now to Mediafire.

Slacker

For anyone downloading the game today with the launcher: remember to try disabling P2P in the options if your download isn't going too fast.

For anyone downloading the game today with the launcher: remember to try disabling P2P in the options if your download isn't going too fast.

They really need to fix that. I was getting 300K/sec with P2P and 2.5 MB/sec without it.

Also, yet another game that insists on running as administrator. Yuck.

Added the following to the configuration guide in the OP:

TERA\Client\S1Game\Config\S1Input.ini

bEnableMouseSmoothing=FALSE
Bindings=(Name="x",Command="fov 85")

This will disable mouse smoothing and set a fallback binding to set your FOV, just in case the S1Engine.ini setting doesn't take or the FOV gets reset. Pressing "x" will enable your custom FOV. Make sure to leave out the semicolon in front of "bEnableMouseSMoothing" so it does not get commented out of the file, like the other bindings.

Also, for any changes made to S1Engine.ini, you might want to make those same changes in the DefaultEngine.ini as there have been reports of the S1Engine.ini getting recreated or overwritten. It is also possible the DefaultEngine.ini settings may override settings in the S1Engine.ini.

In addition, there is a known bug with the Circle the Wagons cinematic, if you use any Distant Environment Detail setting other than the maximum of 6. Environment detail will not be rendered during the cinematic, so you may want to leave this in-game setting maxed out.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
For the ones late to the party, here are 10 beta codes for this weekend:

EEHCDDGWFE75M9MKRJCLFGH7G
CDJK669HMT9YKGHE43XXM9X5F
5EK5XFKHGGHE5EYMDGJG6JY53
FYPR6RH7PFKKP7J79KFG45G7R
CXTXN53TPEFFPFY4XAJPCRRDP
G7W4PMX4AY5XCAHJ49GAM63TA
35EJD45YWT9DXCE7K3KHND43A
N9CFY36M3CEJ4MP9TNME5WTF9
DA9TDLJFGP4NN3KXR7LR9HNGT
C6CPF5LJRTLGRF9JRDXHRFH4D

http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/233

Took FYPR6RH7PFKKP7J79KFG45G7R, thanks!

somato

For the ones late to the party, here are 10 beta codes for this weekend:

EEHCDDGWFE75M9MKRJCLFGH7G
CDJK669HMT9YKGHE43XXM9X5F
5EK5XFKHGGHE5EYMDGJG6JY53
FYPR6RH7PFKKP7J79KFG45G7R
CXTXN53TPEFFPFY4XAJPCRRDP
G7W4PMX4AY5XCAHJ49GAM63TA
35EJD45YWT9DXCE7K3KHND43A
N9CFY36M3CEJ4MP9TNME5WTF9
DA9TDLJFGP4NN3KXR7LR9HNGT
C6CPF5LJRTLGRF9JRDXHRFH4D

Hrm looks like I am too slow and all of these are taken. Anyone else giving away codes? Would really love to try this before I put some money down. :)

EME was having problems with their store generating keys for some orders yesterday, so for anyone having problems getting keys applied to their account:

If you don't see TERA available to download in your account after 2-3 hours after purchasing it, be sure to submit a ticket to our Support team! They will make sure to get you set up so that you can start downloading the client as soon as possible.

JudgeN

So how well optimized is the game? Can I make it out at 60 FPS with 4xMSAA on my rig?

i7 930@4.2ghz
GTX 470
windows 7 64 bit
6GB DDR3 ram

Wallach

Both the Mystic and the Priest seem pretty cool. Hopefully I have time to try them both. Not sure about the races though; looking through them it's more of a case of "I would never play as that" than it is "I totally want to play one of those".

Arksy

Both the Mystic and the Priest seem pretty cool. Hopefully I have time to try them both. Not sure about the races though; looking through them it's more of a case of "I would never play as that" than it is "I totally want to play one of those".

I hear ya. Human is a safe bet. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
10 more:

N3LMJP9L7X3T59GCMFPF5AWET
3A9KNPWT4LC4TRN4MR5DCT7WP
3XKJYJ3EWYKRAJY3PWT3N6PDX
PTGE4MHHFAEC3NJ436CK9W4G7
AK5C44YPJ6WNAEFNX4NWJ5NM4
YFGLPGNC33PAGAH6RXDFHKJCD
439E54HRYMNDJ6KHLCHGMKC39
3J6J4XJERG6NMMD4WDWEFX97F
LJ4WMCC6WHJXEPHTMXCX6FEYK
RNXN5YLE9MHGCYEYCKXCLFG5K

Thanks so much. Used code 439E54HRYMNDJ6KHLCHGMKC39. I've wanted to try this and Amazon ran out of codes.

Xiaoki

So how well optimized is the game? Can I make it out at 60 FPS with 4xMSAA on my rig?

Tera is extremely well optimized, cant think of another MMO that runs better.

Unfortunately the only way to determine framerate in game is through FRAPS. So, it can be hard to compare. Out in the field or in instances you definitely should be able to get 60fps, the capitol city is another matter however.

Keep in mind that real world performance will be drastically improved from what is seen in the beta period once the server load is optimized and balanced.

I had no problems maintaining a consistent 60 FPS with very few drops in K-TERA.

DPsygnet

i never seems to get a key even whey thay has been posted for a minute :(

i contacted amazon about the key, the guy seemed totally clueless and kept telling me not to worry, that i would get my key when the game ship...
After a while I gave up trying to explain to him what is a beta and hung up :(

i never seems to get a key even whey thay has been posted for a minute :(

i contacted amazon about the key, the guy seemed totally clueless and kept telling me not to worry, that i would get my key when the game ship...
After a while I gave up trying to explain to him what is a beta and hung up :(

Try EBGames/GameStop. They don't charge until ship and might get you one before the end of today.

Nopren

Keys all, gone, should have hid em in quotes, sigh Amazon wont give me a damn key and I'm not dropping money till I test this out.

Someone please pretty please send me a key.

Edit:

mediafire is giving me an ooops page for that link

Get a key from AMDGaming on twitter. It still works.

DPsygnet

Keys all, gone, should have hid em in quotes, sigh Amazon wont give me a damn key and I'm not dropping money till I test this out.

Someone please pretty please send me a key.

Edit:

mediafire is giving me an ooops page for that link

Same here , i would like a key so i could test it out. My plan was to cancel my amazone order :s

AAAAnnd can't use mediafire at work

Top Bottom