• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

sk3tch

Previously thought to be November 8 - it's now November 18!

2qjesmu.jpg

We learned several weeks ago that the PC version of Batman: Arkham City would be slipping into November. On the day that the game hits consoles in the States, Warner Brothers announce that we can expect it on PC on Friday November 18. A whole month away! By the time Arkham City reaches PC, the first Nightwing DLC pack will already have been out on consoles for more than two weeks.

No reason is given in the statement as to why the PC version is late, but there are four new screenshots for us to stare at longingly. If you’re looking for a new desktop background, the larger version of the above thumbnail (without speech bubbles) looks spectacular blown up, and there’s a shot of Joker’s face in gruesome detail. Click to see each screenshot full-size.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/18/batman-arkham-city-pc-release-date-set-for-november-18-new-screenshots-swoop-in/

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
That's a bummer. I'll still be knee deep in Skyrim by then. =/

Chairhome

Man. A whole month. I'm disappointed :-/. Wondering if I should just get Arkham City on console for now on the B2G1 at Toys R Us then trade it in/sell it after I beat it since I've already pre-paid for the PC version on GMG.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm assuming that's the UK date? Or are they following Skyrim on the weird Friday release train?

Also, WB can eat a bag of dicks. There's no reason it should be that far away at all.

Dipswitch

Son of a......

Was gonna hold off on starting a new game, having just finished Portal 2. Suppose I'll have plenty of time to finish another one now that this has been delayed again.

gdt

Bought the pc version a few months ago on GMG, and I caved today and bought the 360 version. I'll trade it in when the pc version comes out.

Orayn

That's okay, WB and Rocksteady. I won't play until I upgrade my desktop over Christmas break, and I'll have Dark Souls and Skyward Sword to keep me busy until then.

Ridley327

Two days before Zelda? It's like WB has an insight on what my plans were and are doing everything in their power to fuck them up for me.

TheExodu5

Banned
Not surprising. It was previously launching alongside MW3 and Skyrim on the PC. This gives it a bit of breathing room.

I'm not really upset by any of this. Aside from the silliness of using GFWL, they're actually putting some legitimate effort into the PC version of the game. It will be worth picking up regardless of when it releases.

It's not as if there's a gaming drought at the moment, anyways.

-PXG-

Dabanton said:
Damm. That's a real slap in the face.

I can see a lot of double dipping on this title.

Or a lot of people saying, "Fuck it. I have other games to play. I'll buy this later when it's on sale"

TheExodu5 said:
Not surprising. It was previously launching alongside MW3 and Skyrim on the PC. This gives it a bit of breathing room.

I'm not really upset by any of this. Aside from the silliness of using GFWL, they're actually putting some legitimate effort into the PC version of the game. It will be worth picking up regardless of when it releases.

It's not as if there's a gaming drought at the moment, anyways.

m-night-shyamalan(2).jpg

It was delayed to add more GFWL features

big_z

at least it's not 3-6 months like a lot of ubisofts pc games. still i probably wont play batmang for quite some time now that it's in november. too many games coming out that month so this one is going in the future purchase of shame.

Chairhome

I think I'll just hold off on skyrim for a while then. I'll be juggling this and Skyward Sword, with some UMvC3 peppered in. This kinda sucks though.

Salaadin

Damn. I was hoping for the 8th so I can try to beat it before Skyrim.
I almost caved in and got the console version but GMG selling it for 34 bucks with that coupon code was too good to pass up.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, it could be worse. You could be a Nintendo fan only playing Nintendo consoles and having to wait for 2012 for the Wii U version. :lol

Derrick01

Banned
big_z said:
at least it's not 3-6 months like a lot of ubisofts pc games. still i probably wont play batmang for quite some time now that it's in november. too many games coming out that month so this one is going in the future purchase of shame.

I'm pretty sure the new Assassin's Creed's delay was shorter than this.

That's right, WB/Rocksteady fucked PC gamers over more than Ubisoft. Astonishing.

Fine by me...although I don't know if I will play it right away now though. Skyrim/BF3 will be all I will be playing at that point.

froliq

Got a cheap steam code with this game. If Skyrim fails to suck me in, then you can expect me day 1 Batman! If that wont be the case then maybe next year.

-PXG-

froliq said:
Got a cheap steam code with this game. If Skyrim fails to suck me in, then you can expect me day 1 Batman! If that wont be the case then maybe next year.

Oh, you will be sucked.

AEREC

eh...getting console version and will wait for PC version on a sale later...saving the best version for last anyways.

-PXG-

Solo said:
Whats the deal with this new trend of new releases coming out on Tuesdays AND Fridays?

Games have come out on Tuesdays for long time. Once in a while, games come out on Fridays. Gears 2 did. Killzone 2 did. Those are the only games I can remember, that I've bought, that came out on a Friday.

Bisnic said:
Well, it could be worse. You could be a Nintendo fan only playing Nintendo consoles and having to wait for 2012 for the Wii U version. :lol

Will the game somehow be worse next year? I don't plan on playing it until it's $20 anyway, so that'll likely be mid-to-late 2012 as it is.

I broke and went for the 360 version, will double dip during a steam sale. If the PC version's sales are bad and WB blames the platform and PC gamers, they can go fuck themselves.

Bumhead

Banned
PC version is going to be ace, but that doesn't detract much from what is going to be one hell of a long month to wait.

Very tempted to borrow my brothers semi-broken PS3 and pick it up on console first.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AbsoluteZero said:
Will the game somehow be worse next year? I don't plan on playing it until it's $20 anyway, so that'll likely be mid-to-late 2012 as it is.

Right, but if you want to play on Wii U, you'll have to wait even longer to get it for $20, like PS3 BioShock, Mass Effect 2, or any other year late port :p

Top Bottom