• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC download is currently $10 on Origin, Premium = $30

Mit-

Everyone buy Battlefield 2 for $5 and play it with me.

What an amazing game. Favorite multiplayer game of all time.

And we don't have to be friends on Origin to talk to each other.

Everyone buy Battlefield 2 for $5 and play it with me.

What an amazing game. Favorite multiplayer game of all time.

And we don't have to be friends to talk to each other.

Yep, easily my favorite mp FPS of all time. I bought BF3 for console and hated it, obviously it's better on PC, but still not as good as 2 from what I've played. I think at $10 I may bite though, hopefully I can get a stable FPS going.

The I assume the "Premium" content needed for an enjoyable online experience?

Looks like $34.99 for Premium Edition.

$29.99 if you already own the base game.

The Premium Edition just includes some miniscule dlc, those were the first run copies. The Premium thing is like the season pass and has all the map packs.

Edit; Nevermind, I'm wrong, apparently they have two different premium games. And then the Premium membership as well. Ugh.

Ran rp

I'm not sure if I can run it (even at low to mid settings). I have a AMD Mobility Radeon 5470 GPU. I know that Bad Company 2 runs pretty well at about mid settings.

The Premium Edition just includes some miniscule dlc, those were the first run copies. The Premium thing is like the season pass and has all the map packs.

Edit; Nevermind, I'm wrong, apparently they have two different premium games. And then the Premium membership as well. Ugh.
Isn't it just the two? One that includes the game and one for those who already have it?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

You're thinking of the Limited Edition, which contained Karkand.

No_Style

Limited Edition - First run which came with "Back to Karkand" DLC pack
Premium Edition - Comes with Premium Membership + BF3 base game
Premium Membership - DLC pass/service that current BF3 owners can buy

Edit: Beaten.

---

I was considering double dipping but with BF4 later this year... nah.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Rip off Britain once again.

US $9.99 = 6.45
Euro €9.99 = £8.60

UK price is £9.99

I know it's not huge but really...

geebee

Banned
So since I dont already own the base game, I should purchase Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for $35? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, I'm just trying to make sense of all of thise DLC and "Premium" versions.

So since I dont already own the base game, I should purchase Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for $35? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, I'm just trying to make sense of all of thise DLC and "Premium" versions.
The base game is no longer worth getting now that Premium exists, basically. The huge amount of new content plus being able to join all servers is too much to pass up.

chiablo

Just get Battlefield 3 Premium Edition, don't even look at the base game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The $35 game includes both the base game and all the DLC/services/etc for less than buying the two individually.

You're thinking of the Limited Edition, which contained Karkand.

I guess I am.

Also, I know using websites to judge if someone's computer to run something isn't always accurate, but if this is the "graph" that I got from "systemrequirementslab.com", I probably shouldn't bother right?
mp_rf_3.gif

I'm just using a dell laptop (the XPS L502x to be specific) that's got an integrated graphics card and dx11.

I think at this point, from what I've gathered;

Buy the $9.99 version if

a) You only want to play the single player campaign.

b) You aren't sure you'll like the game's multiplayer component.

You will end up spending an extra $5.00 ($29.99 putting you at a total of $39.99) to upgrade to Premium if you end up playing the base game online and fall in love.

If you want to buy the game for multiplayer, just grab the $34.99 Premium.

I think at this point, from what I've gathered;

Buy the $9.99 version if

a) You only want to play the single player campaign.

b) You aren't sure you'll like the game's multiplayer component.

You will end up spending an extra $5.00 to upgrade to Premium if you end up playing the base game online and fall in love.

If you want to buy the game for multiplayer, just grab the $34.99 Premium.
I would not recommend this at all. Seriously one of the worst campaigns I've ever played. I didn't even finish it because I got stuck and couldn't change the difficulty mid-campaign...
I ended up googling the ending, and it was pretty terrible as well. The game's campaign make Cod games look like a masterpiece.

Druz

The maps are not rip offs. Its the same price you'd pay for Battlefield expansion packs back in the day and its not just maps.

AlexBasch

I guess I am.

Also, I know using websites to judge if someone's computer to run something isn't always accurate, but if this is the "graph" that I got from "systemrequirementslab.com", I probably shouldn't bother right?
mp_rf_3.gif

I'm just using a dell laptop (the XPS L502x to be specific) that's got an integrated graphics card and dx11.
I have a Dual Core @ 2.7 GHZ, 4GB of RAM and a 5670. Had to lower the resolution and graphics a lot so I could have barely above 24-25 frames. :C

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Everyone buy Battlefield 2 for $5

I totally would if I didn't just drop $60 on Metal Grey Fox. :( EA really picked bad timing, if they price-drop the older BF's (2142 and earlier) to like $5-10, I'd consider it this summer when next-gen console specs are released. But as it is... not right now. Sorry, EA. :(

1-D_FTW

I have a Dual Core @ 2.7 GHZ, 4GB of RAM and a 5670. Had to lower the resolution and graphics a lot so I could have barely above 24-25 frames. :C

Yeah. It's one of those game that really wants more. A fast i3 with hyperthreading is still good, but anything less causes major issues.

Dizzy

Banned
Is it worth buying without the premium content? like I'm not gonna struggle to find games am I?

I tried a little bit of the MP and it seemed bland but for 9.99 I'd give it a try. I love BF1943 but hate the bad company games. The level I tried and didn't like in this was in a very small area. I liked the open areas of 1943 best.

geebee

Banned
I bought Premium Edition. Now to go home tonight and install it all while I play Metal Gear Rising.. hopefully all of the DLC wont take too long to download.

Yeah. It's one of those game that really wants more. A fast i3 with hyperthreading is still good, but anything less causes major issues.

I got confused for a second, actually have a quad core with i7, but it still struggles with some games, can't run Planetside 2, couldn't even launch the Crysis 3 beta, and anything involving PhysX brings it to its knees.

chiablo

Only the Bad Company ones.

Only the original Bad Company. Bad Company 2 had a few funny moments, but they put the humor from the first game as far into the back seat as they could. Why even have memorable characters if you get rid of the character of those characters through bad writing?

Is the base game that bad? I want to get just the base for casual light playing but it seems that everyone is just saying to get the premium so should I bother with base game at all? (I won't be buying premium either way, $35 is too much for a game for me)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
DAMN, this is such an amazing deal as BF3 is super fun online. I've had a blast with 3 compared to BC2. The controls feel a lot better in 3. Premium for 30 is a great deal with End Game coming soon.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Is the base game that bad? I want to get just the base for casual light playing but it seems that everyone is just saying to get the premium so should I bother with base game at all? (I won't be buying premium either way, $35 is too much for a game for me)

The base maps are the worst maps in the game, but they're far from terrible. It's just that the DLC maps are a huge step up as they were created by a separate team specifically dedicated to expanding the content of already released games. People are pushing the Premium Edition because it's a huge amount of content for a relatively small price hike.

JayDub

Im wondering this as well. I only have the base..is the expansions that much better?

FACE

Banned

The maps suck.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Im wondering this as well. I only have the base..is the expansions that much better?

Every expansion map I've played has been great. Worst map to me is Operation Metro but every other map I've played from base game and expansions has been really fun.

Top Bottom