• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors : JP voices included in the cart.... But only with JP texts!

According to the french twitter Nintendo Actu, Fire emblem warriors is the same as Zelda BOTW! That means that the japanese dub is also included in the gamecart, you just can't choose it, you must put your console in japanese to play the game in japanese...

IRwX3BU.png

https://twitter.com/NintendoActu/status/917759862188204033

EDIT : Gamexplain confirmed it too

I seriously don't know what nintendo (and tecmo-koei this time too) is thinking... They saw directly the demand with BOTW and then decided to leave the choice in an update.... why not do the same directly this time?

Do we have to beg again? It won't prevent me from buying the game, but man this is stupid! I would understand if it was a size issue... but since it's not the case... WHY?

L~A

inb4 Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the same. (Actually, I think size limitations will prevent that).

But yeah, the whole game language = console language is a pretty crappy system... Make it only the language by default, but still give people the choice, I dunno.

Regarding FEW, maybe that's something the Day 1 update fixes. I don't think it's available yet (for reviewers).

If all language options are on the cart there's no reason not to just have them all be selectable in the options. Hopefully there's a day 1 update or something...

ToonLink

I'm used to playing Fire Emblem games in English, so this won't affect me personally, but it would be nice to give consumers more options.

Koei-Tecmo has had a good history of giving the language choice as an option when available so heres hoping either a Day 1 patch or patch down the road can do the same thing here like we had with BotW

OmegaFax

It probably takes up too much space to have multiple VO tracks on the same cartridge. The Japanese release of Fire Emblem Warriors on 3DS had all of the text localized in different languages but only had the Japanese VO files (no English). Game is only playable in Japanese however.

It probably takes up too much space to have multiple VO tracks on the same cartridge. The Japanese release of Fire Emblem Warriors on 3DS had all of the text localized in different languages but only had the Japanese VO files (no English).

You should read the OP... both dubs are already on the cart...

Eolz

That's really shitty.
I can (kind of) understand when it's a size or rights issue, even if I don't like it. That's a relatively valid reason for not including languages on the cartridge/disc.

When the various languages are already there though, this is pretty awful. And it was already the case for Zelda.

Hope they'll patch it in later, would actually make me buy the game.

Cool so they can patch in a fix like Zelda. Everyone doubted but they are probably gonna do it in a future update. Probably when the first DLC pack drops.

Ridley327

Is the same true of the Japanese SKU? I would have figured that it would have been determined by now if that was the case, but maybe no one even bothered to try.

asagami_

Banned
>Announce this before the launch of the game to outrage the potential buyers people in social media
>The game is patched few weeks after its launch
>The large negative perception of the game turns into positive, which finally lead to...
>Profits!?

Yeah, I feel bad to write this insane conspiracy :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Disappointing considering the quality of the voices in the trailers.

Didn't mind EN VA in Fates, but always prefer JP voices if possible.

Top Bottom