• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA RP MOD is pretty amazing

A description in the OP of what this mod actually is would help...

I don't really know I just know it's a mod and it's blowing up on twitch, it's the most popular RP one that is out. I've just been watching the streams I don't think its easy to get in.

EndersAres

Neo Member
I like rp servers but they never really hold up for long. They always turn to shit when an influx of people start showing up and ruining the communities with mindless killings and no/poor roleplay. RP with GTA is pretty amazing because the game has so much diversity in characters and locales.

pa22word

From what I've been seeing on stream, the RP of the cops is fantastic, the characters are hilarious, I am curious if Rockstar sees this because it's blowing up on twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/lirik

catch it if you can

Rockstar fucking despises mods and the mod community in general.

They usually actively patch their games in order to break modding, or used to at least. Rolling back and forwarding patches used to be like the thing gta modding communities used to have to do continuously in order to get around Rockstar's intransigence.

I mean I usually really enjoy their gsmes, but I will never get why they're so actively aggressive towards the modding community. And before you say it, hot coffee was not the communities fault at all despite Rockstar lying in order to try and blame it on them.

They usually actively patch their games in order to break modding, or used to at least. Rolling back and forwarding patches used to be like the thing gta modding communities used to have to do continuously in order to get around Rockstar's intransigence.

I mean I usually really enjoy their gsmes, but I will never get why they're so actively aggressive towards the modding community. And before you say it, hot coffee was not the communities fault at all despite Rockstar lying in order to try and blame it on them.

I heard with the RP modded servers they found a loophole in the terms of service and are instead modding the single player portion of the game and not GTA Online.

But yes, Rockstar could always change their terms of service in the future. But as of right now they don't seem to have a problem with it.

They want people to buy shark cards for everything. Including cars and ammo. Can't stand it. Game would be amazing if it officially supported community servers and mids. Just sell cosmetic stuff.

Strakt

From what lirik said, rockstars community managers are very twitch friendly.. they even asked lirik to be on a podcast or something. If they had something against the RP mod, they would of done something already.

This shit reminds me of Hot Tub Time Machine when that kid was playing a game about serving time in prison.
heh.png

Wedzi

Banned
I've been trying to figure out what the hell has been going on for awhile lol I've been noticing GTAV floating to the top of twitch but whenever I watch one of the top streams it seems like nothing is happening.

antonz

Rockstar basically allows them to carry on with the mod on the grounds they do not import anything from GTA Online into the mod. Which is a fair enough deal as what helps make the Mod so successful is the fact you get a living breathing City for the players to step into.

Some of the servers have disabled NPCs etc in order to maximize player count but you lose so much when the city becomes an empty shell.

vewn

GTA RP is some triple A grade entertainment. When they kidnapped the surfer guy today and stabbed/burned him, damn.

Top Bottom