• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Who Isn't Very Nice: Families of Sandy Hook victims can "Go to hell"

Status
Not open for further replies.

.GqueB.

Banned
Oh, don't worry guys, his apology remark is coming soon. Actually, I'll type it out so he can just copy mine:

"As for my comments yesterday, I would like to send my deepest apologies to the victims of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Obviously tempers have been running high between both parties, and some of my personal beliefs took charge over what is acceptable behavior. I have nothing but respect for any individual that lost a child in that tragedy."

Apology? Check
Blame the parties for the reason? Check
Still stand by your beliefs? Check

Yep, just copy and paste asshole.

That apology doesn't make any sense. He says his personal beliefs took over which means this is how he genuinely feels. Then he goes on to say he has nothing but respect from them which stands in direct conflict with what he said which, again, is how he personally feels.

What non-sense.

Darklord

Banned
Are you British? Because if you are, you're part of the problem. You guys could invade us any day now, and if our rural citizens don't have 30 round clips, then we'll all be having tea and crumpets in a British slave colony this time next year. Instead of coming in here and judging us, maybe you should go learn a book. Start with Red Dawn. There is also a movie of it.

I'm Australian. But that just means we'll inevitably team up with NK and China to create a super pacific force. Our main goal is to let all the Mexicans rule the south.

slit

Here's a picture of the guy BTW.

Bob-Davis-screenshot.jpg

Ugh, disgusting.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
That apology doesn't make any sense. He says his personal beliefs took over which means this is how he genuinely feels. Then he goes on to say he has nothing but respect from them which stands in direct conflict with what he said which, again, is how he personally feels.

What non-sense.

*laugh*

You say that like it means anything.

Bleepey

I remember there was a gaffer who said because one of the Sandy Hook parents gave a nervous laugh or something at an interview that it was evidence of a government job. So i am not too surprised. I am surprised he didn't say the tree of liberty needs to be watered with the blood of innocent children whilst he was at it. This is what a cocktail of ignorance and stupidity looks like.

BFIB

What non-sense.

I purposely made it sound that way because that's exactly the type of idiotic response I would expect.

tuffy

I'm just relieved Emmer's only saying idiotic things on radio instead of being governor of the state. We really dodged a bullet there.
I purposely made it sound that way because that's exactly the type of idiotic response I would expect.
I would've expected the usual "I'm sorry you were offended by my statement" apology, actually.

He's just mad that people want to pass laws preventing people from acquiring an M60 machine gun

The Sandy Hook shootings, and he's referring to the concept of background checks(which are already required at gun shops) being required at gun shows also. Minor inconvenience that only helps legitimize gun ownership and shut off another avenue for criminals to get guns.

That counts as taking away his liberties.....

Oh... Well that's not the first or last person to use a tragedy to push their agendas but this is rather silly. I'm all for background checks and limiting assault weapons.

I don't want to take the right to buy a gun thought that's again our rights. But yeah that's really insensitive.

LiK

What an asshole. Clearly someone who has never experienced personal tragedy and/or can't empathize with anyone.

jmdajr

Actually

Davis acknowledged on Monday he was “getting some email” about his comments. But he did not offer an apology. Instead, he dismissed his offensive remarks as “an emotional predecessor to a thought which can and will find a more refined expression by me and others in the future.”

I'm sorry that you suffered a tragedy, but you know what? Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss.
Whoa!

Not gonna lie, I probably would have started swinging after that.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Is anyone else disturbed by the fact that mentally unstable people like this guy can freely and legally own guns?

I think that alone is a good enough reason to ban them.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Funny considering how conservatives used the 9/11 victims as pawns to justify their actions during the War of Terror.

Funny considering how conservatives used the 9/11 victims as pawns to justify their actions during the War of Terror.

You mean everybody, right?

The approval rating of going to war was something like 93% after the 9/11 attack. You can't just single out conservatives for taking advantage of it. Everybody did.

Not all of them!

Ann Coulter said:
These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzies. I have never seen people enjoying their husbands’ death so much.

Dhx

It is widespread in the right-wing media to refer to the Sandy Hook victim families as 'props' that are merely being 'manipulated'.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/15/right-wing-media-marginalize-newtown-families-b/193631

To not acknowledge they are being used as emotional pawns is disingenuous, and I'm a conservative that believes room exists for improvements to the background check system.'

You have an incredibly selective memory.

Bleepey

Yeah this guy would totally tell the families to go to hell if they were in front of him.

More like cry like a baby if one of the fathers threatened to punch him.

Probably cower behind his gun if challenged to stand up for his views.

Jackpot

Banned
Thought it was going to be Westboro Church protests again going by the thread title. Funny that this guy has managed to lump himself in with them.

doesn't mean that you get to put a king in charge of my life

Who talks like this?

So it's OK to use "props" like 9/11 when you want to bomb some countries full of brown people, but it's not ok to use "props" to pass legislation that may help prevent dead children in our own country? Good to know.

To not acknowledge they are being used as emotional pawns is disingenuous, and I'm a conservative that believes room exists for improvements to the background check system.'

You have an incredibly selective memory.

They are not "emotional pawns". They are victims of policies enacted by politicians suckling at the teat of lobbyists.

Are parents of children born with birth defects due to industrial dumping/waste "emotional pawns" when they testify for more environmental protections?

This shit illustrates the conservative mindset. It doesn't matter how government policies affect actual people; it only matters how they affects their nebulous "freedoms" and corporations' bottom-lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom