• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

JonnyKong

What did I just do...? I wasted my SP money on a minigame....umm okay. I thought I could buy new arms there, lol.
How do you buy new arms?

I think you unlock the Arms by hitting them inside that mini game as they scroll past. They're represented as some kind of prize, (basically not the targets or the clock)

They only come out every ten seconds or so.

As I said, took me about 3-4 attempts :p

In hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was 4. In the first 2 attempts I actually won the 1st round each time, and on the first attempt the 3rd round could go to anyone, it was heartbreaking.

Definitely made me reach whole new levels of button bashing to spam attacks :D

Can't imagine how it is in higher difficulty levels...

Wow I totally didn't catch the first part of your post for some reason.. My first run through GP is with Spring Man, and everything went alright up until
Hedlok
, but he was like a brick wall.

I've had a good breather now though so I'll get it done this time!

And when I'm using only one joy con?
ZL or ZR depending of which single Joycon you are using, i think.

How hard is for you to press?

To the sweating guys: Remember there are different ways to play with motion controls, you can be "athletic" or "subtle". The motions seem to register quite well in either method XD

#BrassDaddy is so buff. Yaaas I can't wait until next month when I get to control his beefy belt arms :3

19092700_1368046133291441_6822266872292649781_o.jpg

krpiper

I cancelled by physical at Best Buy since its only a 2.2 GB download, cmon 11pm.

taking a half of a day of work tomorrow, ARMS all day!

ZL or ZR depending of which single Joycon you are using, i think.

How hard is for you to press?

To the sweating guys: Remember there are different ways to play with motion controls, you can be "athletic" or "subtle". The motions seem to register quite well in either method XD

Doesn't work :/

edit: I love the lobby, lol

edit2: Really, you can't change targets with one joy-con? It doesn't work. Maybe I just don't see it but that would be a massive flaw

FinKL

How many can play on 1 console? Curious if this would be fun as a party game for a friend's birthday, debating with this, MK, and 1-2 Switch. He might have Mario kart (trying to figure out w/o giving the gift away) and 1-2 Switch seems VERY barebones...

Cutwolf

Torn on this game. It looks fun with motion controls, but playing it in handheld mode or with pro controller looks dull.

But I feel like if I'm playing other people, I'll have to go with the "best" control scheme, or else I'll get whooped. I don't like losing that much.

Is there any way to match-make by control scheme in multiplayer?

How many can play on 1 console? Curious if this would be fun as a party game for a friend's birthday, debating with this, MK, and 1-2 Switch. He might have Mario kart (trying to figure out w/o giving the gift away) and 1-2 Switch seems VERY barebones...

4 player local

Doesn't work :/

edit: I love the lobby, lol

edit2: Really, you can't change targets with one joy-con? It doesn't work. Maybe I just don't see it but that would be a massive flaw
You should explore the menus a bit more. XD

There was a menu option in the title screen in the test punch that described the controls for each controller configuration. i distinctly recall ZL for single Joycon to change target when playing against 3 or 4 players. i don't think they changed that in the final version of the game.

You should explore the menus a bit more. XD

There was a menu option in the title screen in the test punch that described the controls for each controller configuration. i distinctly recall ZL for single Joycon to change target when playing against 3 or 4 players. i don't think they changed that in the final version of the game.

Hmm, alright. I really tried it but it didn't work. Maybe it's just too late and I'm a bit tired ^^
Really fun game though. I LOVE the multiplayer. Everything is so quick and fun...and it works really well without any lags so far.

Oh, and I'm really surprised by the multiplayer. This is flawless so far (online), even with 3-4 players.

edit: Which characters are the "beginner" characters?

molnizzle

Man. This game is (rightfully) going to get tons of blowback for the utterly ridiculous difficulty of the Grand Prix mode. I expected a bit of rage-inducing bullshit from developers of MK8, but this is on another level. Ugh.

molnizzle

this is out already?

It's the 16h in Japan. A bunch of us took advantage of the Switch being region-free and bought digital codes from Amazon.co.jp.

US should unlock in under 4 hours though. At this point it would probably be faster to just wait for that. It takes a while for the Japanese orders to be "verified" the first time you do it.

Top Bottom