• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen trailers

Ricker

Just saw this...never really finished this game,I got to the big Dragon fight,which for me,after close to 50 hours,was the end game for a while...I was close to level 50 I think,not sure,I will check tonight...but I guess if I re buy the game(dark arisen)the game will auto detect where I was last or at least keep my level and stuff from my last save right?...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just saw that there is a whole new tier of skills for every class.... WUT

New armor and weapons?? 100+ ???

I need this shit in my veins right now.

Does anyone really give a shit about the online pawn system enough where they'd actually care if Capcom took it out of the PC release?

If Capcom is worried about servers for the PC version, they really shouldn't be. The tacked on online pawn system really isn't something people seem to care about.

kvn

Does anyone really give a shit about the online pawn system enough where they'd actually care if Capcom took it out of the PC release?

If Capcom is worried about servers for the PC version, they really shouldn't be. The tacked on online pawn system really isn't something people seem to care about.

I don't even care about offline pawns. I just keep throwing them into a ravine.

Goli

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20130210_587277.html?ref=twitter
Some new gameplay stuff was revealed with that trailer which shows new monsters.
Two new characters, Baroque and Olga, were introduced. Baroque is the sole survivor of a previous expedition to Bitterblack Island, and he's the one in charge of upgrading your equipment to new levels. Olga on the other hand releases the curse from items you find in the island, I think this is what they meant by appraising in the press release from the OP. Those cursed items are super powerful ones.
Also it seems new DD DLC is coming this week, some items and new haircuts.

Robot Pants

Pretty pumped for this. Always wanted to get this but once I heard dark arisen was coming out I figured I'd wait. I just wish it was releasing sooner

Glass Rebel

Is this ever coming out on PC?

I liked it on console but damn the frame rate sucks.

Late 2012 Capcom UK confirmed it via twitter but took it down pretty fast. Could have been an honest mistake or maybe someone let it slip. I wouldn't be surprised if it came ~6 months
later to PC but don't get your hopes up either.

Will there be an option to jump right to the expansion? because I have already played the game and don't have the save file anymore.

Teknoman

Guess I could let go of my original and snag Dark Arisen. All it needs is the original's save file, and you can just start from where you left off?

Speaking of hard mode, can you switch in game, or do you have to be new game+?

Grief.exe

Probably would have a tough time marketing a game with less features.

Especially one with a release this delayed.

Anteater

The pawn system is kind of gimmicky imo, I wouldn't really care if they take it out as long as they balance it as a single character game.

I do like dressing up my pawn and it does add different ways of tackling enemies/bosses but since the game was too easy, they were not necessary other than for enemies that are immune to magic/physical shit which is another problem I had with the game.

There are tons of things they could do with the series if they want to put some effort into it, pc release is one of them.

Jathaine

Balanced as single player? No thanks.
The only time I go without my pawns is against the Ur-Dragon. I really love having them around and I take pawns made by my friends and such and we helped each other with Everfall loot farming by tossing each other items that were worthwhile.

Anteater

Balanced as single player? No thanks.
The only time I go without my pawns is against the Ur-Dragon. I really love having them around and I take pawns made by my friends and such and we helped each other with Everfall loot farming by tossing each other items that were worthwhile.

I enjoyed both with/without pawns, but they certainly could do more with the pawn system, so I don't really mind if they bring it back and improve it.

But I certainly don't really care about having no pawns either lol. I had a lot of fun on a solo run, it really was a different game.

Top Bottom