• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fate/Zero 16

Lie-Cheat-Steal.jpg

I liked this episode, especially the Lancer part.

While the exposition after was good, they managed to do three separate shots of 1 character talking to the other across the screen with the camera all the way in the back. They do this, then switch, then switch back to it twice. ???????

zulux21

Tsugumomo has fantastic action scenes.

Just... don't read it at work, or in front of other people, or if you don't like ecchi, or if borderline hentai creeps you out.

Good art though.

The NGNL Zero trailer. Apparently, the novel (NGNL vol 6) it's based on is pretty good and is standalone from the rest of the series.

we got a july release date for japan so a trailer would make sense soon.

but yeah sounds like the movie will be a prequel to the series, but given that most of the cast returned from the anime it is likely that the main characters will at least show up to frame the story, so it won't be completely stand alone.

kewlmyc

we got a july release date for japan so a trailer would make sense soon.

but yeah sounds like the movie will be a prequel to the series, but given that most of the cast returned from the anime it is likely that the main characters will at least show up to frame the story, so it won't be completely stand alone.

I mean, the main characters of NGNL look near identical to the main characters of the movie, so I'm guessing it's one of those "they're actually our ancestors" kind of deals, and will share the same VAs.

zulux21

I mean, the main characters of NGNL look near identical to the main characters of the movie, so I'm guessing it's one of those "they're actually our ancestors" kind of deals, and will share the same VAs.

i mean that could potentially happen but ANN already confirmed
Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Sora
Ai Kayano as Shiro
Yōko Hikasa as Stephanie Dora
Yukari Tamura as Jibril
Yuka Iguchi as Clammy Zell
Mamiko Noto as Feel Nilvalen
Miyuki Sawashiro as Izuna Hatsuse
Rie Kugimiya as Teto

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...fe-zero-anime-film-slated-for-july-15/.113740

thus at the very least it will likely be set up with them interacting before being told about the past.

I haven't read book 6 yet so I can't be sure how it goes down in that, but it would make sense to me if the characters got Tet to tell all of them the history.

Cornbread78

Samurai Harem ep.8
I wish there were more action scenes, but the show is pretty fun to watch. Delinquent is trying too hard though, lol

zulux21

my hero acedemia will also be on hulu and crunchy (subbed, the dub will only be on funi).

i would link it but the page my RSS feed had refuses to let me read the article just repeatedly wants me to sign into my funimation account that I am actively using to watch rage of bahamut.

K-ON!! 22

Thankfully, even if the four leads are going to smoothly transition into the same college, Azusa's presence will ensure that their high school graduation still has an element of bittersweet parting.

actually thinking about it I do wonder who would win in a fight.

Maka in madness form (aka where my avatar is from) or Deku lol (what ever time yours is from:p).

IT's hard to say, with them being from different anime and all, but
obviously Deku wins :p
It's actually hard to talk about without manga spoilers.

-------------------------------
Hero is a bunch of cool new PVs both in Sub and Dub for MHA

My Hero Academia - Season 2 - SimulDub PV 1
My Hero Academia - Season 2 - SimulDub PV 2

My Hero Academia Season 2 Official Preview #1
My Hero Academia Season 2 Official Preview #2

I love the MHA english dub. I'm really happy Funi is doing a Day 1 dub.

zulux21

IT's hard to say, with them being from different anime and all, but
obviously Deku wins :p
It's actually hard to talk about without manga spoilers.

-------------------------------
Hero is a bunch of cool new PVs both in Sub and Dub for MHA

My Hero Academia - Season 2 - SimulDub PV 1
My Hero Academia - Season 2 - SimulDub PV 2

My Hero Academia Season 2 Official Preview #1
My Hero Academia Season 2 Official Preview #2

I love the MHA english dub. I'm really happy Funi is doing a Day 1 dub.

I stopped reading the MHA manga pretty much when the anime started airing lol.
been meaning to get back to it lol.

Clov

Not really, it became dreadfully boring. They should have kept focusing on having all these sparkly deviantart OCs doing silly things.

On a different topic, Studio 4C is crowdfunding a BD+DVD release for Mind Game! The BD and DVD will be region free and feature English subtitles. Funding will begin on March 30th on their website. Their goal is to reach 600K Yen by May 31st. More details can be found here.

Definitely will be pledging to this! Mind Game's such a fun movie and a visual treat. I'm very excited!

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep.96
Fun reunion episode with all the crew. Looks like Lucy might be a little jelly of Natsu's new situation though... Not sure about the next arc, but looks like a new character (villain? Ally?( is on the way...

zulux21

Spring has a Zero Kara Hajimeru something show from White Fox. A LN adaption, that's full of furry bait. Deja vu.

it will likely be great just like re:zero was last year :p

Fairy Tail ep.96

Fun reunion episode with all the crew. Looks like Lucy might be a little jelly of Natsu's new situation though... Not sure about the next arc, but looks like a new character (villain? Ally?( is on the way...

so keep this in mind after the next arc

zulux21

The filler arc after the Tenrou arc really isn't worth skipping if you enjoy the show a lot. It's more or less an arc that Mashima ended up not being able to fit in the manga IIRC.

eh....
it wasn't very good at all if I recall right.
not quite as bad as naruto filler, but still not good.

jonjonaug

Anime Japan's this weekend right?

What kind of announcements are you guys hoping for?

Urobuchi anything. More info on Yuasa's Devilman thing. Teaser for whatever Trigger is doing after LWA is done.

That's it, really.

Also next anime season looks like hot garbage. Eccentric Family 2 is the only original thing that looks interesting, but I still need to watch season 1. Laughing Salesman might be cool though.

EDIT: I'll try watching Kenka Banchou Otome too.

Fox318

I know the Naruto ending was finishing off from that light novel but it would have been nice to show the wedding.

Also not looking forward to Boruto. The Manga has been pretty shit so far and I'm just not interested in Boruto as a character.

It would be nice if the show and series (and manga) just took a break for 5 years or something.

I know the Naruto ending was finishing off from that light novel but it would have been nice to show the wedding.

Also not looking forward to Boruto. The Manga has been pretty shit so far and I'm just not interested in Boruto as a character.

It would be nice if the show and series (and manga) just took a break for 5 years or something.

The irony that the terrible characters in Sasuke and Sakura actually produce the best child while Naruto and Hinata produce the worst.

Cornbread78

it will likely be great just like re:zero was last year :p
so keep this in mind after the next arc

The filler arc after the Tenrou arc really isn't worth skipping if you enjoy the show a lot. It's more or less an arc that Mashima ended up not being able to fit in the manga IIRC.

eh....
it wasn't very good at all if I recall right.
not quite as bad as naruto filler, but still not good.

Oh.. someone 10PM me that list, lol. I still have about 30 episodes left before that!

H.S DxD New ep.5
Oh, oh, I want to watch this next battle ASAP. Big bro is gonna come Dave the say and rip shit up!

Moaradin

The Boruto movie is legit good and way better than the manga adaption of it. I'd just watch the movie.

Quasar

A bunch of anime/manga news.

Tsugumomo is getting 12 episodes
DanMachi - Sword Oratoria is getting 12 episodes
Centaurs Life starts in July
Hajimete no Gal is getting 10 episodes + OVA
Grimoire of Zero is getting 12 episodes
Natsume S6 is getting 11 episodes + 2 OVAs
Vatican Miracle Examiner is getting 12 episodes + OVA.
Gakuen Babysitters is getting a anime in 2018
Ichigo 100% sequel manga starts in April.
MangaBox manga Love and Lies is getting an anime starting in July.
Handshakers getting renewed
not really

Lifeline

I just signed up for the Crunchyroll free trial to take advantage of the free fandango ticket.

I'm not really a big anime fan. The only anime I gave a real shot to was Cowboy Bebop a couple years ago, I was enjoying it up until they added the annoying kid to the cast. I also remember it getting kinda confusing with flashbacks and stuff and I just fell off it.

Anyone have some recommendations for stuff to watch while I have the trial? I also don't really like reading subtitles.

Just wanna take this moment here to say that the visual for MHA s2 is really amazing!
f85ae8b37c8687a4974f53c1bbccabbe1490296275_full.jpg

------------------------------------
I just signed up for the Crunchyroll free trial to take advantage of the free fandango ticket.

I'm not really a big anime fan. The only anime I gave a real shot to was Cowboy Bebop a couple years ago, I was enjoying it up until they added the annoying kid to the cast. I also remember it getting kinda confusing with flashbacks and stuff and I just fell off it.

Anyone have some recommendations for stuff to watch while I have the trial? I also don't really like reading subtitles.
In a few days My Hero Academia will be added to Cr's library so definitely have that on your list

But really if you don't like subs Crunchyroll isn't the service you want since they have a very small english catalog. You should go with Funimation. which dubs stuff weeks(some as they come out) after they come out.

Well for stuff with good dubs on CR that I think you may like you have
Gundam Iron blooded Orphans
Durarara
Rurouni Kenshin
Jin Roh
Fate/Zero
Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
Blue Exorcist

Here is a link with the full list http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-788825/crs-english-dubbed-anime

Well, what kind of show do you want to see? Mecha, comedy, action, romance, etc.

The general consensus that the greatest show currently airing this season is Rakugo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom