• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 3 [Mafia] | Welcome to Lynchwood Acres

Gorlak

Banned
Okay, you were talking about Stan. I agree with your view. His chance of being town was much higher after Dragonz flipped as poisoner, but it's still a bit weird that it was him over the confirmed burb.

*Splinter

Ok where were we before Dragonz suicided?

Kawl what are you claiming?
Worthy I don't think you name claimed?
Anyone else not claimed yet?

Burbeting

Banned
So people left are:

1. *Splinter [m] - Claimed JOAT
2. Burbeting [m] - Confirmed Celebrity
4. franconp [m] - Claimed Ordinary
10. Kawl_USC [m] - Soft claim?
13. TheWorthyEdge [m] - Claimed Ordinary
14. CCS [m] - Claimed Ordinary
22. OceanicAir [m] -> replaced by flatearthpandas [m]
24. gryvan [m] -> Gorlak [m]

Not sure if fep or gorlak ever said anything, so I'm leaving them as a blank.

Burbeting

Banned
Okay, you were talking about Stan. I agree with your view. His chance of being town was much higher after Dragonz flipped as poisoner, but it's still a bit weird that it was him over the confirmed burb.

I guess they could have worried about a doctor being on me, but... why not Splinter or Kawl, then? Since Kawl seemed to soft claim yesterday.

CCS

Banned
With Burb cleared, and if I trust Faddy and Splinter, we're into an interesting situation where assuming 3 scum left, there's only five players to choose from:

Gorlak, FEP, TWE, Kawl, Fran.

Of them, none are likely town in my head, but beyond scum reading TWE none are standing out strongly as scum either.

CCS

Banned
How many town PR's have we had? Kinda tempted to believe Kawl's claim on the ground that I think we're a little light on them (unless a PR has claimed ordinary of course)

Gorlak

Banned
Oops, forgot Faddy was dead.

200.gif

Are you serious? Have you not been following the game? How can you still assume the alignment of someone when you have no idea what has happened?

Splinter revealed more information yesterday, ...

wtf...

CCS WTF forgot crab was a tracker? believe Kawl because of that WTF

CCS

Banned
Are you serious? Have you not been following the game? How can you still assume the alignment of someone when you have no idea what has happened?

Splinter revealed more information yesterday, ...

wtf...

CCS WTF forgot crab was a tracker? believe Kawl because of that WTF

I never claimed to have a good memory. Brain like a sieve.

Gorlak

Banned
Okay, read that wrong. Please CCS reread wtf happened in this game.

Yesterday there were three people that claimed or hinted at power roles. One got lynched.

I'll finish my reread on Dragonz, but I think the antagonizing between you two was not constructed. In other words I think you are town and that's why this is so fucking frustrating.

CCS

Banned
Okay, read that wrong. Please CCS reread wtf happened in this game.

Yesterday there were three people that claimed or hinted at power roles. One got lynched.

I'll finish my reread on Dragonz, but I think the antagonizing between you two was not constructed. In other words I think you are town and that's why this is so fucking frustrating.

Will do, back in a bit :p

Kawl_USC

Stanley is the more conservative kill target in my opinion. Scum poisoner essentially cleared him since he was the first target, although wamd having 3 shots and only ever getting 2 poison claims is weird ??

Ok where were we before Dragonz suicided?

Kawl what are you claiming?
Worthy I don't think you name claimed?
Anyone else not claimed yet?

I'm OceanicAir, a bodyguard.

Although not a very good one with these NK choices.

Burbeting

Banned
Stanley is the more conservative kill target in my opinion. Scum poisoner essentially cleared him since he was the first target, although wamd having 3 shots and only ever getting 2 poison claims is weird ??

/QUOTE]
There was the narrative going on that the poison claim would have been fake to make stanley look more credible town. Scum could have used that as an excuse to go for his lynch later.

Did FEP claim anything?

He is one of those people blending in so well, it worries me.

Yes I claimed...
When people can't follow the basic elements of the game it's really hard to credit their reads. That is double for CCS but for fuck's sake. At least I know your heart's in the right place.

Anyway, I'm thinking TWE Gorlak and CCS for our last three and If like to see Gorlak lynched first to be honest. He's the least likely to break imo so the stronger end game scum.

Gorlak spent his time yesterday fishing for other candidates besides dragonz even after she buried herself. Basically concern posts. "Sure dragonz looks bad, but think about this or person..."

Now he's trying to clear people which is fine, we want to do that.... but then we all want to do that right now, scum included.

Scum have been having a laugh this game. They've had to do basically nothing since we've all been building town v town lynches. So scum fucking about and voting each other like dragonz and ccs seems completely in line. In fact it was gorlak himself who accused dragonz a few days ago saying she likes to be cheeky as scum. Maybe he was being a bit cheeky himself.

Kawl_USC

No one should be cleared beyond burb at this point.

Has anyone else in the game mentioned being roleblocked besides Splinter? Secondary verification of it would be nice and put me more at ease with him.

FEP has been truly impressive in how little he's put in which becomes more and more worrisome. I am still feeling scumTWE after dodging a couple of lynches for not great reasons and the over abundance of "sloppy" errors. CCS I find a chore to read properly between his misremembered information and general posting style (sorry chum). I get bad vibes looking at the convo between Fran and wamd yesterday, stand by him as scum. TWE and Fran are my two stronger reads. Toss up between CCS and FEP for the final scum.

/QUOTE]
There was the narrative going on that the poison claim would have been fake to make stanley look more credible town. Scum could have used that as an excuse to go for his lynch later.

That made sense when considering something like a one shot scum poisoner. But a three shot? That means a fake go of it on night one, nins poison on night two, and then ??? Just sitting on two poison shots. That doesn't track at all. No way a logical town goes for that....

So actually great point, scum should definitely have left Stan around for that mislynch

I'm OceanicAir, a bodyguard.

Although not a very good one with these NK choices.

What is the flavor for bodyguard?

CCS

Banned
8 players left, I would imagine three scum.

Burb is cleared, and I know I'm not scum. That means the remaining six are split half and half.

I feel like one of Splinter and Kawl is probably town at least, just based on PR count. Wouldn't assume both though.

Out of Gorlak, FEP, TWE, and Fran, I feel like Gorlak has flown under my radar a lot. Not in terms of not being active, just I still haven't formed any real opinion. Makes me slightly jumpy.

Having been scum reading FEP a bit, I'm now slightly leaning the other way. Only very slightly though. I could see a TWE/Fran/Gorlak team.

*Splinter

Yes I claimed...
When people can't follow the basic elements of the game it's really hard to credit their reads. That is double for CCS but for fuck's sake. At least I know your heart's in the right place.
This is a huge overreaction for someone missing an ordinary claim of all things. Trying to sheep Gorlak's reaction to CCS?

franconp

Why TWE is scum - An Essay

First 2 days TWE activity was really low, he didn't participated much. Voted for Bronx day one on a joke, jumped on Crab wagon day 2. He decided to make this post:

Midterms :/

Usually I'm way more involved...then again every single time I've played except twice (?) I've been scum. So maybe that's part of it?

I'll post some insightful things, or at least look around a bit more at allegations and shot in about an hour.

Here is when I started scum reading him:

I'm not feeling good about this post. It looks really fake. It's just making weak excuses based on his own meta: "when I was scum I was more active, so I can't be scum". That is not how it works. At all.

He tries really hard to answer the prod.

I didn't write it to make you feel good about it lol

I make a scum list with him on it, he did a weak reply so I try to prod him:

Your reads and opinions seems really weak (a lot of low activity. Not much proding). Not mine of you.

Again he tries really hard to avoid discussion:

I'm not here to prod.

Here is a constant of how TWE defended himself throught the game:

Look. You can vote me out, go for it, but you'll get 0 info out of me. No role shenanigans or nothing. No scum reads and no OOOOOOH maybe he's working with him, because I'm just town. Simple as that.

Now if you want to be senseful about things than vote for someone that you know could have some valuable information come out of their flip one way or the other. If I'm scum then yeah you could probably find put who my team is maybe (?) but if I flip Town you've got NOTHIN. And so you'll have nothing.

He just downplay his importance and says we would get nothing out of it.

Telling you that the votes on me are weak won't help town.

Saying that you literally won't get anything out of voting me off helps town.

Kill me if you think it's gonna help.

Trust me when I say it won't.

No, after you vote me it'll just make me look honest.

He makes a weird read about WAMD:

Just got home from the Grand Canyon.
fucking incredible

I was just about to switch my vote onto acorhs after that string of pictures by Nin but time was up.

All of my "theories" are thrown out the window. I believe Bronx 100% now. He's the poison doctor so there's no reason to prod at that anymore.

WhereAreMyDragons. Town. I actually fully believe that. The ONLY person I actually think is town. But I've been fucking WROOOOONG so...

He is asked why he thinks WAMD is his top town and he uses 2 weak posts from WAMD as an excuse:

These 2 read town to me but a little while later he talked about how inactive *splinter was being. Still think he's town but he made that a little less convincing when he commented on *splinter's inactivity.

Here he messed up calling Splinter as a watcher

Why vote gorlak? Genuinely curious.

Splinter with the role claim. Don't know if I should believe him but the fact no one else stepped up to challenge it and say "No, I'm the watcher!" is interesting and leads me to believe it.

Ooooooh! Have fun! Heard it's good.

Here he tries to get a roleclaim out of me:

Hm...well this is certainly an interesting development.

Blarg was scum.
Splinter claims tracker(?).
Franconp...?

Then he gives a weak excuse for it.

New list. Slight townreading WAMD:

Hm...so here are my reads

*Splinter: still don't know EXACTLY what he is but mostly sure he's town.

Burbeting: find him slightly scummy due to reasons I posted yesterday in game.

Sorian: claims Flux. Message giver. Lean town.

Swamped: claims carrier. Don't know if I buy it. Lean scum...

Faddy: lean scum...?

WhereAreMahDragonz: honestly thought she was town but I'm not incredibly sure anymore.

Bronx-Man: claims poison doctor, no one was poisoned today(?). Lean town but who knows.

Acohrs: lean scum.

StanleyPalmtree: claimed he was poisoned. Lean town?

Everyone I left off I honestly don't know. Even the people I have as scum I'm unsure of. Awful at reading people because I'm usually always scum so I never have to. Awful excuse for awful reads. Fuq. Sorian's claim takes me back to square one.

There is a contradiction there that I point out:

You are town reading Splinter but not Faddy? How that even works?

Wait...yeah. That's most certainly a discrepancy. 2 mistakes on that list.

Sorian: *Lean scum
Faddy: *Lean town...?

He makes a really weird post where he is all over the place:

Where is Gorlak, flatearthpandas, Burb, and stanley?

Also. Sorian...i really don't know. But Swamped brings up a good point regarding your role and how it aligned with Mafia in SW. But I don't want to bring in past games...

I lean scum on you because of that but if there was no SW game I'd lean town...so I think I'm leaning more town than Scum?

Idk...

He start saying he is fine sacrificing himself:

:lol

Honestly fine with this.

👌

If it helps town in anyway then sure. Not sure how it will, but if Town thinks it so then so be it. You won't be taking out a town power role so that's good, and there's always the possibility that I am scum.

1 of 2 things will happen here:

1.) I'm normal townie
2.) I'm scum

There's no killing a town PR, and there's a chance of hitting scum. I'm not one but if it makes town sleep better at night (with one less town...a little oxymoronic) then that's fine with me.

🖒

Sorian doubting himself here...

Look. We vote acohrs and then there instantaneously throws any Acohrs/Sorian bs out the window. Then you can come back to me tomorrow, if I'm not killed tonight (I won't be because scum sees me as an asset due to constantly being under the microscope), and all of what you're worried about tomorrow if I flip Town will be irrelevant.

Like I said though, if it helps town that I'm dead go for it!
but it won't and what Sorian said above will be reality tomorrow

He ends up voting Sorian.

As soon as day 5 starts he votes Burb:

Well shit.

That's really no good.

VOTE: Burbeting

A couple of hours later switchs for Swamped:

Fuck.

VOTE: Swamped

A couple of more hours and says he doesn't want to vote for Burb because a weak excuse:

I disagree that I was non-existent until I was getting heat. I got into the game when real life allowed me too, and said some things which then brought the heat.

One of the main reasons I don't want to vote Burb is the fact that real life is getting in the way of his play, but if push comes to shove then I'll vote him.

Ten hours later he trust Swamped:

Hm...kind of inclined to believe Swamped to be honest.

I'm going to look back on some things but I feel there could be scum in a list of:

Franconp
CCS
Burb

He admits he is all over the place and tries to place the blame on me and votes:

I am being a bit all over the place to be honest and I understand that that may "look" bad, but I feel it makes more sense to be all over the place if you're town. If you are scum you know who town is and you go at them hard throughout the whole game. You stick to a couple people.

VOTE: Franconp

The main person who has been complaining about me being all over the place.

I call the vote for what it is:

So, you are playing scummy and I'm scum because I'm on your case.

OMGUS. OK.

And no, if you are lost you prod people until someone make a contradiction. Thanks your doing a classic example in that post.

So I'm being defensive?:

Woah quite defensive for only having one vote on you.

He ask for some proofs:

B1.) Show me where this happened and how I went "out of my way" to avoid discussion.
B2.) Then vote me. If you're actually town and you have me at the top of your scum list then vote for me. If I had anyone on the top of my scum list? You better believe I would've voted them @ day start.
B3.) There are a lot, so why Burb?

I give him. He never responds this post:

B1-

B2- Look at all the days. I usually don't vote at game start. Even more now when the mayority is low and a couple of votes could make easier for scum to make a wagon.

B3- I know I said that I don't like meta and this will kinda meta but I've played several games with Burb and he usually don't play like this. He use to make big post with a lot of analysis and quotes. There are none here. People are saying "Burb may be town because scum Burb wouldn't play like this", well town Burb either.

Kyan called him out for his faulty logic:

Another generalization that ain't true in all cases. Ain't even the 1st one from TWE iirc. And the vote is ugh like fran already said.

He never responds again.

Stanley also called him out for his logic:

Man this is so stupid.

Twe: 'makes asinine accusation'
F: 'Heres why that is dumb'
Twe: 'Woah hey now. So defensive'

Twe im really struggling to tell if you are scummy as all hell or just a really bad town player.

His defence:

Ding ding ding

Here he adds WAMD as scum but the accusation is really weak:

Bolded is who I think the scum team consists of + CCS + Blarg. If there's less than 6 than I think the people that aren't are WAMD and FEP.

Just a hunch. Really hope Splinter is town though because that would screwup a lot.

He ends voting for Swamped, who he was feeling good about:

Well may as well make it more in the realm of possibility that I don't die today even though I said I wasn't going to do this.

I trust splinter and so I'm going with

VOTE: Swamped

instead of Stanley.

Day 6 starts and he votes for me without having a case still and knowing that scum can turbo easily:

VOTE: Franconp

Going back with my vote I had yesterday before it became integral to saving my life.

Splinter, I and Burb ask that noone votes to avoid scum turboing a townie. He never unvotes. He is asked to vote last WAMD to avoid a lynch bomb. He never moves his vote.

Here is what he thought about WAMD lynch yesterday:

I don't know how I feel about this.

This is some fishy shit going on.

So I really think TWE is scum and we should lynch him today.

*Splinter

No one should be cleared beyond burb at this point.

Has anyone else in the game mentioned being roleblocked besides Splinter? Secondary verification of it would be nice and put me more at ease with him.

FEP has been truly impressive in how little he's put in which becomes more and more worrisome. I am still feeling scumTWE after dodging a couple of lynches for not great reasons and the over abundance of "sloppy" errors. CCS I find a chore to read properly between his misremembered information and general posting style (sorry chum). I get bad vibes looking at the convo between Fran and wamd yesterday, stand by him as scum. TWE and Fran are my two stronger reads. Toss up between CCS and FEP for the final scum.

That made sense when considering something like a one shot scum poisoner. But a three shot? That means a fake go of it on night one, nins poison on night two, and then ??? Just sitting on two poison shots. That doesn't track at all. No way a logical town goes for that....

So actually great point, scum should definitely have left Stan around for that mislynch
I have a feeling WAMD revealed the roleblocker targets. If you just remove Faddy from her list you get:
Splinter
Bronx
Bronx
Splinter
Splinter
which matches the blocks I received, at least, and Bronx for N2/3 would have been the obvious choice.

Also... I pretty much agree with the rest of this post, although I'd put FEP above CCS now.

*Splinter

So I don't see your point. I had already voted for TWE day 3 as I scumreaded him since day 2. I just made a big post about it.
You don't need to remind me. You've been banging that drum all game.

From memory, Worthy was an absolute sure-lynch until the last hour or so. I begged for a swing to swamped and eventually got it. I've been regretting that since it seems I saved scum, BUT now I'm thinking it wasn't such a bad thing...

Scum would be much less willing to move off their partner right before he's lynched since they know the votes will come back to them. Town however has no such fear, and is more worried about the unanimous sentiment to lynch Worthy. So town gets cold feet and jumps to swamped, and scum stick on their teammate to play it safe, and no doubt have a good laugh when town flips a vote against itself.

Well WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

And the neutral doesn't move because he literally couldn't care less.

I mostly brought it up as a coincidence to be honest when I noticed that my top scum reads were exactly the people on Worthy, but maybe it isn't a coincidence after all.

franconp

You don't need to remind me. You've been banging that drum all game.

From memory, Worthy was an absolute sure-lynch until the last hour or so. I begged for a swing to swamped and eventually got it. I've been regretting that since it seems I saved scum, BUT now I'm thinking it wasn't such a bad thing...

Scum would be much less willing to move off their partner right before he's lynched since they know the votes will come back to them. Town however has no such fear, and is more worried about the unanimous sentiment to lynch Worthy. So town gets cold feet and jumps to swamped, and scum stick on their teammate to play it safe, and no doubt have a good laugh when town flips a vote against itself.

Well WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?

And the neutral doesn't move because he literally couldn't care less.

I mostly brought it up as a coincidence to be honest when I noticed that my top scum reads were exactly the people on Worthy, but maybe it isn't a coincidence after all.

I already said this like five times I think. I'm not around during the last half hour before deadline since Ouro changed the hour. I leave work at that hour and have an hour commute. You can check everyday if you want to make sure.

*Splinter

I already said this like five times I think. I'm not around during the last half hour before deadline since Ouro changed the hour. I leave work at that hour and have an hour commute. You can check everyday if you want to make sure.
Ok I'll amend my argument:

"Most of the scum team don't move their vote because blah blah blah, except for Fran who can't move his vote because he isn't available."

Better?

*Splinter

For a less snarky answer:

Are you saying that you would have moved your vote to swamped if you were here at the end of day 5?

*Splinter

Really? Don't think so. I would have push harder to get TWE lynched. He tried to pull an OMGUS at me. I'm pretty sure he is scum.
Ok. So then what is the point you are trying to make with this defense?

franconp

You are trying to make me scummy because I didn't moved a vote from someone who I has been saying is scum since day 2.

Your argument could work if Swamped flipped scum but she flipped town. I find scummy the people who moved their votes from TWE to Swamped as they could have been protecting a scummate from a possible lynch. But you are avoiding this logic because it doesn't make YOU look good. You were the one who leaded a bagon from a most likely scum to a townie.

*Splinter

You are trying to make me scummy because I didn't moved a vote from someone who I has been saying is scum since day 2.

Your argument could work if Swamped flipped scum but she flipped town. I find scummy the people who moved their votes from TWE to Swamped as they could have been protecting a scummate from a possible lynch. But you are avoiding this logic because it doesn't make YOU look good. You were the one who leaded a bagon from a most likely scum to a townie.
Right, there are multiple theories as to how town/scum would approach this (all assuming Worthy is scum):
1 - scum stay put to play safe, town get cold feet and jump ship
2 - town mostly ignores Splinter, scum jump ship for the extremely slim chance of saving a teammate who will probably be lynched in the next phase anyway

I'm saying I think number 1 is more likely, and looking at the names involved emboldens that view.

You're saying you think scum greatly exposed themselves for the sake of saving Worthy for another day, and now scum-Splinter is capping it off by bringing this exact vote back into discussion after it's been ignored for a full phase already.

Ok.

This is a huge overreaction for someone missing an ordinary claim of all things. Trying to sheep Gorlak's reaction to CCS?

Not sure what you mean by sheep.

And if it was an overreaction it certainly wasn't a huge one. We're in day 7 probable lylo. Reading the game and keeping track of the most basic information should be a given.

Anyway, here are the votes in case anyone doesn't have them on hand. http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot_2017-03-24z6u2s.png[/IMG

Yes, i mark myself as town on my charts. Sorry but I'm not going to change it. Votes with no post number are ones when ouro didn't include them. They should always be final votes.

Two issues with my reads from today I just realized. D1 and D3.
Scum have had the leeway to fuck about a bit but it seems unlikely they didn't have someone on the squid vote, especially since they did have someone on crab. So that leaves us splinter and kawl on that vote.

D3 we have worthy, ccs, and gorlak all piled on verelios. Seems very unlikely the whole team would pile on one person if they aren't turboing the game finish. Especially in a town v town showdown. Pointless to stack scum. This is actually why I town read Gorlak before. He sits onto verelios at the end of the day. Pointless for scum except to draw attention to themselves. Scumreading gorlak yesterday was mostly because I felt he was looking for reasons to lynch someone besides dragonz. Lynch bomb, etc. Might have just been heightened sensitivity because I was annoyed from something he said when he was asking about my reads. Anywho, splinter was also on that stack which is nice because he is my strongest town read. So between him and kawl d1 on squid, I would lean toward kawl being the scum.

Already said i don't believe the dragonz ccs voting was authentic but I'll need to read through again.

franconp

Right, there are multiple theories as to how town/scum would approach this (all assuming Worthy is scum):
1 - scum stay put to play safe, town get cold feet and jump ship
2 - town mostly ignores Splinter, scum jump ship for the extremely slim chance of saving a teammate who will probably be lynched in the next phase anyway

I'm saying I think number 1 is more likely, and looking at the names involved emboldens that view.

You're saying you think scum greatly exposed themselves for the sake of saving Worthy for another day, and now scum-Splinter is capping it off by bringing this exact vote back into discussion after it's been ignored for a full phase already.

Ok.

The bolded didn't happened.

I think the scum team is TWE, CCS, Kawl and FEP. I think you are trying to impose a faulty logic to justify your reads.

*Splinter

Sorry to quote the same post three times, but I also just realised that this:

Doesn't in any way answer the post it is responding to:

The bolded didn't happened.
Ok? And?

Top Bottom