• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

The original movie is really good. The problem is only the shitty looking Zord fight in the end. Should have stayed with the toy footage.

It wasn't a toy, it was a man in a suit!

You should definitely be reading the MMPR comics if you want some Power Rangers goodness.

I don't think I'll bother with the movie. Just going out is beyond my range of effort right now anyway. Barely keeping things going at work at the moment.

Crossover was cool and yeah it happens in there

Damn. I only skipped because I plan to go back and read Spider Woman at some point and I figured it would be a pretty consequence free affair. Nvm, I can roll with this for now, it'll probably just push me to do that catch up quicker.

Messi

Damn. I only skipped because I plan to go back and read Spider Woman at some point and I figured it would be a pretty consequence free affair. Nvm, I can roll with this for now, it'll probably just push me to do that catch up quicker.

Spider-Woman is the significantly better book too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It wasn't a toy, it was a man in a suit!
Really? Wow, then this part was really good. I was always under the impression that stuff like this looks like 60s Godzilla movies, but now i am impressed.

You should definitely be reading the MMPR comics if you want some Power Rangers goodness.
Not sure tbh. Power Rangers work best for me when I see something in motion that explodes and everything. The first issue didnt clicked with me back then but maybe I am going to buy a trade because of the nostalgia right not.

I don't think I'll bother with the movie. Just going out is beyond my range of effort right now anyway. Barely keeping things going at work at the moment.
I will do the same, this movie changes to much to not trigger my nostalgia bone. And everything that has changed looks shitty as fuck.
This and the confirmation that the Ranger suit up for the first time after 3/4s of the movie were the final nail, I am going to YouTube the fight scene and thats it.

Awesome. I think Gwen is a pretty rad book so I'm up for something even better.

If I was to critique Gwen, the storytelling gets a little muddled at times, the plotting and pacing of certain scenes some times has a slightly off rhythm. If that makes any sense. It's definitely not perfect.

That said, I do think Latour has a really good hold on his themes and character beats with a great ear for dialogue. The world surrounding Gwen being so stylish and novel, with the alternate versions of characters we know and love etc. is used to pretty great effect too.

Sandfox

The crossover with the Miles book a worth reading at least. They have surprisingly good chemistry with each other. The conclusion even had
their kids in costumes designed by Rodriguez. The issue before that they went to the DC universe.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It's called the Lenovo Yoga Book (Android version. I guess there's also a Windows one). Screen is 1920x1200. Not the highest res thing ever, but MORE than adequate for comics.

Fantastic tablet for comics. Had that before getting an iPad Pro 12.9

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The crossover with the Miles book a worth reading at least. They have surprisingly good chemistry with each other. The conclusion even had
their kids in costumes designed by Rodriguez. The issue before that they went to the DC universe.
Now I am sad that I clicked on the spoiler. I love stuff like this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

The spoiler part was my favorite part of the whole crossover.

So sad that the Power Rangers movie became such a piece of shit and is so against embracing the original show. I would have been totally been in the mood to see that stuff sell done.

Man, I don't know anything that's been going on. I've been playing Mass Effect so much since Monday night.

shingi70

Banned
So sad that the Power Rangers movie became such a piece of shit and is so against embracing the original show. I would have been totally been in the mood to see that stuff sell done.

Reviews seem to be good. I'm expecting a decent movie which isn't the Mighty Morphin modern update I want. Honestly the Lego Ninjago movie is what I wanted the tone to match for power rangers.

Any good? Reviews put me off but I'm knee deep in Horizon at the moment anyway.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but as a big Mass Effect fan, I'm finding the complaints way overblown. It very much feels like Mass Effect to me. There are the occasional glitches, but I haven't run into anything terrible. My biggest complaint is that there are a ton of fetch-quest style sidequests, but thankfully those are listed separately in the Journal under "Tasks" and don't even count as Secondary Objectives the way proper sidequests do. honestly, the facial animations aren't that bad. If you sit there and dwell on them, you'll notice that they aren't that great, but they're fine overall. Obviously, they don't approach the facial animations in Horizon, but they get the job done in most cases. Though there are one or two minor characters who have dead, dead eyes. Overall, I'm having a blast with it and I'm happy to be back in the ME universe.

I'm still knee deep in Nier, I'm only on Route B. At this point I'm not sure I'll be done in time for Persona, never mind anything else.

I got to route B, and I've been enjoying it a lot more than my first 5-7 hours with it, but I had to take a break for Mass Effect. And probably Persona 5, at this rate.

Your mileage may vary, of course, but as a big Mass Effect fan, I'm finding the complaints way overblown. It very much feels like Mass Effect to me. There are the occasional glitches, but I haven't run into anything terrible. My biggest complaint is that there are a ton of fetch-quest style sidequests, but thankfully those are listed separately in the Journal under "Tasks" and don't even count as Secondary Objectives the way proper sidequests do. honestly, the facial animations aren't that bad. If you sit there and dwell on them, you'll notice that they aren't that great, but they're fine overall. Obviously, they don't approach the facial animations in Horizon, but they get the job done in most cases. Though there are one or two minor characters who have dead, dead eyes. Overall, I'm having a blast with it and I'm happy to be back in the ME universe.

Cool, the technical issues don't really bother me to be honest. I was more concerned about the criticisms aimed at the writing and the characters, but I'll definitely get around to it eventually. The reactions just killed my hype a bit.

Cool, the technical issues don't really bother me to be honest. I was more concerned about the criticisms aimed at the writing and the characters, but I'll definitely get around to it eventually. The reactions just killed my hype a bit.

The technical issues aren't that bad. Probably not even as bad as the earlier games. Given the early access reaction people had to this game, I was expecting something almost unplayable and found quite the opposite when I fired the game up. You'll find little glitches here and there, but nothing too bad. And I'm sure what's there will be patched soon anyway.

I'm playing on the PS4 Pro, btw. So performance may not be as good on the standard PS4.

PsychBat!

Banned
Mass-Effect-Andromeda-GIF-3.gif

Be prepared for a series of posts about two weeks worth of issues. The two past weeks. Not this week.

Inhumans vs. X-Men #6
Now that all's said and done, this was a pretty solid event. Better than I expected, and with a meaningful ending. While I'm sad Emma went the way she did and the fact that it'll be insanely difficult to redeem her at this point (she did commit mass murder). I also have no idea what they'll plan to do with Havok, but I like the beard and ponytail look. I'm glad they went the direction they did with Iso. All in all I see a very interesting future for both lines going forward.

The Uncanny Avengers #21
I'm late to the party, but DAMN. This book...goddamn it's so good. Skyrocketing to one of my favorites. Deadpool continues to be great in this.

Ms. Marvel #16
This was a pretty good issue. Nakia and Zoe was a powerful moment and Kamala is finally coming out of that darkness. We've seen a major crucible here, and how it plays out is going to be very interesting.

All-New Wolverine #18
After reading so much Laura-centric stuff, this issue came off as pretty powerful. Like, goddamn. That final speech at the end...damn man. Poignant as fuck.

Old Man Logan #19
Pretty solid set-up. I like everyone's responses (especially Doom, Wanda, and Wiccan). That said, this art sucks. I really don't like it on this issue. It's all...mushy. I don't like it.

Sandfox

Be prepared for a series of posts about two weeks worth of issues. The two past weeks. Not this week.

Inhumans vs. X-Men #6
Now that all's said and done, this was a pretty solid event. Better than I expected, and with a meaningful ending. While I'm sad Emma went the way she did and the fact that it'll be insanely difficult to redeem her at this point (she did commit mass murder). I also have no idea what they'll plan to do with Havok, but I like the beard and ponytail look. I'm glad they went the direction they did with Iso. All in all I see a very interesting future for both lines going forward.

The Uncanny Avengers #21
I'm late to the party, but DAMN. This book...goddamn it's so good. Skyrocketing to one of my favorites. Deadpool continues to be great in this.

Ms. Marvel #16
This was a pretty good issue. Nakia and Zoe was a powerful moment and Kamala is finally coming out of that darkness. We've seen a major crucible here, and how it plays out is going to be very interesting.

All-New Wolverine #18
After reading so much Laura-centric stuff, this issue came off as pretty powerful. Like, goddamn. That final speech at the end...damn man. Poignant as fuck.

Old Man Logan #19
Pretty solid set-up. I like everyone's responses (especially Doom, Wanda, and Wiccan). That said, this art sucks. I really don't like it on this issue. It's all...mushy. I don't like it.
You say that like the X-Men aren't a group full of murderers.

Sandfox

Fair, but this is different, I feel. She pushed this as an X-Men action as a whole. Everyone else did it in their own name.

On a related note, Bunn actually commented on Emma a bit during a fan Q&A on CBR:
An X-Editor recently tweeted that us Emma fans should be reading your book. Can you give some hints as to what her role would be? The end of “IvX” seems to make it undeniably clear that she’ll be an antagonist, but gods we Emma fans are hoping that was just fluke and she won’t be such a mustache twirling caricature in your book.

So, here’s the thing, Patrick. Emma will be very important to my book, but I can’t reveal much more than that. She will, though, appear as she did in her last appearance. She has definitely taken on a more villainous role at this point. Does that mean she’ll stay that way? Who knows? Maybe so, maybe not. But when she displays a change of heart, it will take a little time to get there. Stick with me.

tim1138

ughhh I keep saying this shit, it's getting sad, since atleast 2014 when forever evil was rolling around, but I want that Shazam ongoing :(. Atleast give us JSA.

There's been enough teases (plus that cover reveal for the second Flash issue of the Button crossover) to safely assume JSA is coming. I have no idea what is going on with the lack of a Shazam title, hell Billy has completely disappeared in Rebirth.

Ross61

There's been enough teases (plus that cover reveal for the second Flash issue of the Button crossover) to safely assume JSA is coming. I have no idea what is going on with the lack of a Shazam title, hell Billy has completely disappeared in Rebirth.
They're waiting for the right creative team to open up. I think I remember something about Shazam being important and serving a specific role so it's hands off until they get that creative team together.

tim1138

They're waiting for the right creative team to open up. I think I remember something about Shazam being important and serving a specific role so it's hands off until they get that creative team together.

That doesn't explain why they sat on their hands during the N52 and people were clamoring for a book though. I know a pitch perfect creative team that pitched for it at least twice and were told "thanks but no thanks" during the N52.

Ross61

That doesn't explain why they sat on their hands during the N52 and people were clamoring for a book though. I know a pitch perfect creative team that pitched for it at least twice and were told "thanks but no thanks" during the N52.
They really weren't making the best decisions during N52. I think we all know that. Remember how many books Rob Liefeld was on?

Messi

The right creative team line is something they say when they have no intention of doing anything but want to string fans along. Keep buying books and hope and so on.

Shaner pitched right? and they said no? Right...so they have no intention of doing anything. That dude is literally perfect for the job.

Ross61

The right creative team line is something they say when they have no intention of doing anything but want to string fans along. Keep buying books and hope and so on.

Shaner pitched right? and they said no? Right...so they have no intention of doing anything. That dude is literally perfect for the job.
We've already seen what they mean about because they used the same ideology for Super Sons, JLA,and Batwoman. Is Shaner open right at this moment? Is the artist the plan on using open right at this moment? That's the question. Last time I checked both Shaner and Parker have Future Quest still going plus the follow up.

Messi

We've already seen what they mean about because they used the same ideology for Super Sons, JLA,and Batwoman. Is Shaner open right at this moment? Is the artist the plan on using open right at this moment? That's the question. Last time I checked both Shaner and Parker have Future Quest still going plus the follow up.

I believe Shaner and Parker were the team that pitched and were rejected.

tim1138

Shaner/Parker pitched twice and were rejected both times. The second time was pretty shortly before Future Quest was announced. How you don't follow up on the momentum and hype of their Convergence series is beyond me...

Messi

Shaner/Parker pitched twice and were rejected both times. The second time was pretty shortly before Future Quest was announced. How you don't follow up on the momentum and hype of their Convergence series is beyond me...

I agree with you but then we also got Future Quest. But rejecting them twice tells me they have no interest. Eventually they will get there but its not a priority. Probably closer to the movie right?

tim1138

I agree with you but then we also got Future Quest. But rejecting them twice tells me they have no interest. Eventually they will get there but its not a priority. Probably closer to the movie right?

That movies got about as much of a chance happening as a solo comic at this point, hah.

Ross61

I think a different mindset has been used during Rebirth. I'm willing to be we'll get an announcement soon.

The books that were announced as upcoming, LOSH and JSA are both being set up RIGHT now. So it's not like they haven't forgot about them at all right really. The groundworks being laid. They're taking their time with them.

And I'm sure we'll get a Shazam coming way before 2019.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
where my Valiant heads at?

whats up with Divinity?

Are 1&2 in the normal universe and 3/Stalinverse some alt reality thing?

The Mighty Thor #17
Hoooooooo shit! I'm surprised people haven't said anything, but
is that Surtur?
Because that's some massive shit. MASSIVE. In addition, I have a question that pertains to the whisper in Unworthy.
So I haven't read it yet, nor did I read Aaron's Thor run prior to Jane, but Gorr was the godkiller, right? So the thing he was right about was that gods are a plague and abominations and don't deserve to exist anymore and probably never did, right? This arc really hits that home, and the Scorekeeper only reinforces that

Great issue.
On a related note, Bunn actually commented on Emma a bit during a fan Q&A on CBR:
These X-Men Blue interviews are turning my cynicism into genuine interest and excitement for this book. But I'll believe it when I see it. Bunn seems like he understands things on a conceptual level, but his writing has been average in the books I've read.

Sandfox

Uncanny Avengers is Marvel's bet team book.
The Mighty Thor #17
Hoooooooo shit! I'm surprised people haven't said anything, but
is that Surtur?
Because that's some massive shit. MASSIVE. In addition, I have a question that pertains to the whisper in Unworthy.
So I haven't read it yet, nor did I read Aaron's Thor run prior to Jane, but Gorr was the godkiller, right? So the thing he was right about was that gods are a plague and abominations and don't deserve to exist anymore and probably never did, right? This arc really hits that home, and the Scorekeeper only reinforces that

Great issue.

These X-Men Blue interviews are turning my cynicism into genuine interest and excitement for this book. But I'll believe it when I see it. Bunn seems like he understands things on a conceptual level, but his writing has been average in the books I've read.
The X-Men Gold interviews have been pretty good as well and I like how the Generation X writer has been playing up Chamber's role in the book.

Top Bottom