• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

excelsiorlef
(07-18-2017, 08:55 AM)

Originally Posted by Shauni

And Wilmore only interacted with Milo on Overtime, which is seen by a fraction of the audience of the main Real Time show

Yep
curiouscharles
(07-18-2017, 08:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Messofanego

Can his smug face even be allowed to repent?

the smuggest of fucks.

sorry Frankie, but this guy is definitely too smug to give a fuck.
Massive Duck, C.M.
nah b, Kramer made a comedian's mistake. Maher was playing to his audience
L Thammy

Originally Posted by Apt101

Maher isn't the type to clam up about something. If they ask him about it, he's going to give them some kind of answer.

Reading the interview, he's still very apologetic and owns it. His answer in context ,calling it a "comedian's mistake", isn't bad like how it reads in a headline.

You interpreted that much differently than I did.

Originally Posted by Bill Maher

No. I think most people understood that it was a comedianís mistake, not a racist mistake.

This is the part where heís saying why he doesnít think his career was ruined by this incident, which was what he was asked about. 16 words. He follow it with:

Listen, I hope we had a teachable moment about race: trying to make something good from something bad. But maybe also about how to handle something like this: apologize sincerely if youíre wrong ó and I was ó and own it.

This is the part where he apologized. 39 words. He followed this with:

But we donít have to grovel, and we donít have to admit things that arenít true. When Ice Cube said something about my telling black jokes, I wasnít going to be: ďOh, well, I made one mistake; I might as well admit mistakes I havenít made.Ē Iíve never made black jokes. Iíve made jokes about racists. But my fan base knows that, so it never went anywhere.

This is the part where he claims that he was falsely accused of something and isnít going to apologize for it. 67 words. Note that he wasnít asked about Ice Cube, either. Why did he speak so much longer on this point than the previous one?