• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Elder Scrolls Online - One Tamriel

Taker34

Banned
Wow, I have about 200h and I thought I was playing too much, hahahaha. This game is awesome though so I understand you.

EDIT

I wish PS4 had a way to tell us how much time we have spent on a game like Steam and Xbox do.

Type /played into the chat and it shows you your stats. I'm on PS4 as well.

gioGAF

I have been on ESO since PS4 launch. I know a fair bit about most in game things (end game dungeons/builds, crafting system, etc.). If anybody needs any help or needs help farming for something, you can send me a message / friend request on PSN: Akuma_818 or here. Currently farming vDSA, have one of each class at max level.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Something I mentioned in the other thread-

One Tamriel makes the game have almost zero sense of progression. You will never feel powerful, and you will never be able to take a risk against anything stronger than you to reap greater rewards. The game scales everything you do to your exact level.

It completely ruined the game for me, but I guess some people don't care about the progression aspect of RPGs.

MaKTaiL

One Tamriel makes the game have almost zero sense of progression. You will never feel powerful, and you will never be able to take a risk against anything stronger than you to reap greater rewards. The game scales everything you do to your exact level.

It completely ruined the game for me, but I guess some people don't care about the progression aspect of RPGs.
Try beating a world boss by yourself with a low level character you have or try to play the new Thieves Guild trial (or even the new vet dungeons) on hard mode and get back to me. The game now is more about what skills you use and unlock and what gear you choose to wear along the journey. That's what makes you powerful or weak.

Kalentan

Try beating a world boss by yourself with a low level character you have or try to play the new Thieves Guild trial (or even the new vet dungeons) on hard mode and get back to me.

Yup. High Champion Level players far exceed low High Champ players. Hell, I can't even solo dungeons and yet they're are some players who are powerful enough to do so. There is progression.

Also the progression comes from what you're specing your points into for Champion Levels and also leveling up skill trees so you can perform better with said skills or even unlock skills!

Lots of progression.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Try beating a world boss by yourself with a low level character you have or try to play the new Thieves Guild trial (or even the new vet dungeons) on hard mode and get back to me. The game now is more about what skills you use and unlock and what gear you choose to wear along the journey. That's what makes you powerful or weak.

That's end game content, isn't it? The hundreds of hours of content before that is what was ruined for me.

I really liked the game as well.

MaKTaiL

That's end game content, isn't it? The hundreds of hours of content before that is what was ruined for me.

I really liked the game as well.
You are now contradicting yourself. One Tamriel basically removed all the "hundreds of hours of content" you had to go through to reach high level and play end game content yet you said One Tamriel ruined the sense of progression for you which is basically the "hundreds of hours of content" you HAD to play to progress.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I dunno, last week I was unable to solo practically anything in the game. I was having trouble with even some delve bosses, which are the small, soloable mini-dungeons scattered around the world. After hitting cp160 and farming myself 2 good sets of gear I'm now able to run entire public dungeons completely solo, even the group events.

There's still progression in the game. You still go from being weak to being strong. But One Tamriel made leveling from 1 to 50 kinda meaningless. Cp levels + gear + leveling your skills are much much more meaningful in your character's overall power level. I don't feel like this is any different than most modern MMOs. Getting to max character level is pretty meaningless in a lot of other games I played, but once you do it opens the game up into a hunt for gear and whatever post-game advancement system they have in place.

dubq

Think of leveling about 1-50 as a means to get skill and attribute points, that's all it is and needs to be. The One Tamriel scaling system is amazing, imo.

Kalentan

Think of leveling about 1-50 as a means to get skill and attribute points, that's all it is and needs to be. The One Tamriel scaling system is amazing, imo.

It's honestly crazy just how well it works. I would love to know the specifics of it. Like how does the scaling specifically work in the open world when you have players Lv 10 and another Lv 50.

Must have been tiresome work.

This thread had convinced me to get back into it. I played it at console launch for 20 hours or so and put another 30 in last year, and stopped after the Dark Brotherhood DLC came out. Perfect time until the releases pick up again in March.

Sheppard

Is there a PSN group for this on Gaf or anything? Because of this thread I am going to jump back. But with where the game is now, is soloing still as boring as it used to be?

Helznicht

One Tamriel... of all the talk they put in about making it easier to play with friends, the last time I tried to team with buddies (like a month ago) was rife with not being able to see each other, quests not sharing, breaking the party on dungeon entries.

They should of went with One Server, before One Tamriel. I do like the game playing solo though.

Kalentan

One Tamriel... of all the talk they put in about making it easier to play with friends, the last time I tried to team with buddies (like a month ago) was rife with not being able to see each other, quests not sharing, breaking the party on dungeon entries.

They should of went with One Server, before One Tamriel. I do like the game playing solo though.

It is one server. It's a mega server. At least on PS4.

Strange. I never had any of these problems playing with friends recently. Did you play close to one tamriel launching? maybe there was some server issues.

Speely

Banned

Unfortunately, there are some parts of quests which phase others not part of that particular section (because they have not completed the previous steps) out of a player's experience if they have completed those steps. It can be awkward, but it's a way for them to maintain a cohesive quest narrative with other people around for whom certain narratives don't make sense.

Starting quests with friends helps, or waiting for them to catch up to your part of an existing one.

dubq

Is there a PSN group for this on Gaf or anything? Because of this thread I am going to jump back. But with where the game is now, is soloing still as boring as it used to be?

I want to be part of a group... That would be cool.
There was a GAF Guild but it's pretty dead. I never saw anyone on the roster actually online so I left it. If someone wants to make a new one I'd gladly join.

Kalentan

Also one thing people never talk about...

The SOUNDTRACK.

Holy fuck is it good!

The Malukah song, Beauty of Dawn is great!

Yearning for Moonshadow is also another great.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

It is one server (per region) but the game is phased/instanced, but there's an option right there in the party menu to warp to your team and it'll put you in the same one. This shouldn't be a problem.

PepperedHam

Also one thing people never talk about...

The SOUNDTRACK.

Holy fuck is it good!

The Malukah song, Beauty of Dawn is great!

Yearning for Moonshadow is also another great.
Yearning for Moonshadow is one of my favorite Elder Scrolls tracks period. The soundtrack for this game is certainly up to the series standards.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Just started the game my self. Got to level 12 so far. I really like it. Need to open op some more stuff. I got to a nice big tree the other night lol.

vesirott

Neo Member
Started to play with my friend and we are enjoying it. I do miss AH functionality so joining a trade guild is a must. So the NeoGAF guild is dead? Is anyone playing (PC/NA-EU Megaserver) part of a trade guild that could use a few noobs?

Psyfer

I just can't seem to get into this game. I like playing it, it's fun, but I'm never happy with my class/race/skill point decisions. I've tried so many different builds, but I never make it past level 20-25 before I realize I don't like my build very much.

I've tried to just take someone else's build and just force myself to play with it so I can see what the high level content is like, but it feels like such a chore when I play a build I'm not just making up as I go or that I haven't planned out for myself.

I wish I could just find a build that feels right for me lol.

vesirott

Neo Member
I just can't seem to get into this game. I like playing it, it's fun, but I'm never happy with my class/race/skill point decisions. I've tried so many different builds, but I never make it past level 20-25 before I realize I don't like my build very much.

I've tried to just take someone else's build and just force myself to play with it so I can see what the high level content is like, but it feels like such a chore when I play a build I'm not just making up as I go or that I haven't planned out for myself.

I think the only non viable end game build is pure archer. Every other type (melee tank-dps-healer, ranged magic dps-healer) are there so Im not sure what you are missing :) Until end game the builds are mostly irrelevant anyway because the content is so very easy. Im level 17 and my friend is 13 and we 2manned the first daggerfall group dungeon with relative ease.

Psyfer

I think the only non viable end game build is pure archer. Every other type (melee tank-dps-healer, ranged magic dps-healer) are there so Im not sure what you are missing :) Until end game the builds are mostly irrelevant anyway because the content is so very easy. Im level 17 and my friend is 13 and we 2manned the first daggerfall group dungeon with relative ease.

I don't have trouble with any of the quests or anything, I just can't find a build I want to play. I might resub to PS+ and give it another chance (or buy it on PC, which I'm sure is cheaper than PS+ at this point).

ManeKast

I picked it up on January sale.

Love it. Grabbed ESO+ and hit 11 in a few days. I just broke both my feet, in real life, so im couch bound for months. This is where I live now.

Would love a trade guild invite, been asking everywjere. Hoarding runes/crafts etc.

Feel like joining me? PSN ManeKast. I play on the NA server, AD, with 'brotherhood of bogans' guild (Aussie, good blokes).

Looks and feels great on Pro too.

LiQuid!

There's almost zero point in slavishly following a build at level 20. Before level 50 cp160 your "build" doesn't even matter. Just try everything. If you get bored, spend a few coins to respec and try something else. Level everything up. Decide what you want to do in the long term later. The biggest investment towards locking yourself into set build is farming/crafting/buying a set of gear and doing that before 50/cp160 is meaningless. Having the perfect race for a role is some OCD min/maxer nonsense and unless you're a hardcore PVPer trying to become emperor it really won't matter.

is there an official thread for this game in gaming discussion or gaming community? I did a search but couldn't seem to find anything

OP is right, the game is really good!

Started as a dragon knight and having fun. The fact that you can explore every zone gives you lots of variety.

Top Bottom