• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Gear New Series |OT| No Longer Starring Chris Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkyre

Lots of people have

I think TGT's format is hurting the series. And I think Clarckson and Co. need to stop acting like complete idiots for such prolonged stints. TGT featured some of the absolutely worst shit I have ever seen on TV in general, like the army shit... the celebrity deaths... what the fuck really... its just bad. Most of the time they try to ridicule each other but its rarely clever stuff, I dont know, it is not the same, either they got too old, or the production wasnt as smooth as they hoped, generally it is rarely decent, it feels forced.

A few days ago I "reluctantly" saw the first episode of the new Top Gear... and holly shit, it felt like cars were the spotlight for a change. Not only that the chemistry between the presenters is very good and becomes even better as the series goes on. Tribiani is IMO a great presenter and now add Chris Harris... it just works.

And they focus more on cars than just stupid shit all the time.

big_z

I enjoy this new Top Gear season more than The Grand Tour.... there... I said it...

like many im also in this camp. its like amazon doubled down on the parts of top gear that people were complaining about. you have three hosts with awesome chemistry and you put them in unfunny bits and scripted stupidity. im hoping they listen to viewer feedback and rework things going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom