• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look of Metro: Last Light on PS4

If truly 60FPS then I will definitely pick this up down the line. Had a great time on PC but it made it run so hot so I never finished.

I would buy them to get the 'good' endings, but then i remembered the obscure hoops they want you to jump through to earn those endings and I think i'll just pass.

Graphics = some of the best, up there with Crytek
Gameplay = solid single player FPS, way better than Killzone Shadow Fall, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 and other shitty FPS's out there
Gameplay in Last Light is better compared to 2033, but they might fix it

LL had some very good parts. 2033 had also some notable sections. Both have a good replay value after some time.

but tbh stealth in LL was a joke

Orayn

I would buy them to get the 'good' endings, but then i remembered the obscure hoops they want you to jump through to earn those endings and I think i'll just pass.

Well, if Redux is more than just a re-release with visual enhancement and included DLC, that would be a good thing for them to address.

camac002

4A Games seem to be great programmers. Metro: Last Light looked pretty good and generally ran well on the PS3. Some dropped frames during intense fights but nothing to where I felt my control was compromised. It's amazing to compare that game to early PS3 games.

Bold One

got this on PS+ very good game
I am the part where the reds infect that other line, I just need to know, did I really bang Anna or was I hallucinating? I stopped the game after that and its really getting to me

Blinck

Insane that they are getting 60fps.

But I'm guessing that the game won't look as good as it does on PC. Color me very very impressed if they get 60fps 1080p without sacrificing the highest settings though.

kanuuna

I might actually get this one provided all the DLC comes bundled. I played a little bit of the game on PS3 when it entered PS+, but didn't dig too deep into it.

If its 60 frames, the graphics will be nowhere close to the best PC version settings. 60 frames demands lots of resources.

I´m honestly would prefer 30 frames with textures close to the best PC version setting.

Gumbie

Is it even possible to buy a $400 PC that can run this game at 60fps?

XJrrQb4.gif

Gumbie

100% yes, and easily. Just not at max visual settings.

I would be surprised if you could get 60fps with a $400 PC on anything other than low settings and a resolution less than 1080p. I'm assuming the ps4 version will at least be medium or high, but of course we don't know the resolution...may be the good ole 900p.

Cess007

I got Last Light in the PS+, but haven't played that much
reached the Metro Station with the guy who helped me escape from that weird nazi jail
. Maybe i should wait and get the PS4 version (never played 2033)

Edit. I see "that" question popped again. I hope this thread doesn't get derailed.

Gumbie

Back on subject.

I played halfway through 2033 on PC and never got try to try last light so I'm hyped about the redux release. Has a tentative release date been tossed around anywhere?

Asgaro

That's not a really fair comparison.
Console gamers have to take into account their cumulative spending on the ability to play online: a service that is free and will stay free on PC.

That's let's say 5 years x 50 €/year = 250 € extra.

So a PC for 650 € would be a more fair comparison.

hawk2025

So $60 for the PC version minus some effects confirmed?

Tough sell considering the complete edition on PC is $13.

Well, it's not like the PS4 version will be equal to maxed PC version anyway.

Cool!

Where can I buy the $400 PC that runs it at 60fps?

Aaaaand this thread will be derailed:

Discussions on adding the price to play online, rebuttals with free PS+ games, medium versus high settings, cost of keyboards and controllers, and on and on and on.

Is there anyway I can ask people to please just let it go? :( Looking forward to additional information on what's in the Metro Redux package -- AND if they've done some rebalancing to 2033.

Gumbie

All wars aside

If they are able to run it at 60fps and 1080p I'll be excited for what other developers can do, especially after the dev tools mature and people get more experience with the systems

Hmmm I own 2033 in my Steam and never played it (got it for free that one time they were giving it away). And I never played this one on PC either, not like my laptop could handle it. Definitely will wait for PS4 version. Do I need to play the first to enjoy the second?

Top Bottom