• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

Huh, I just realized that Morty doing what he did to Ethan was a more appropriate punishment than I realized. Ethan made Summer feel bad and ugly about her body, so Morty made Ethan feel bad and ugly about his body in a very extreme way.

Damn Morty, you really do take after your grandfather.

Raziel

Awww shoot. I wasn't saying what you guys think I was saying. That one could've spent more time in the cooker.

I don't empathize that much with Ethan, mostly because he's a cartoon character, but also because in-universe he's protected by society for the bulk of what he does, no matter how awful

Shit. Man, I should've let that be. Just saw some of the usual folk in the subreddit be like WHOA MORTY WENT TOO FAR

Hmm something about Ethan just exudes relatability for Rick and Morty's viewership. Y'know?

vqdtznw.gif

hollomat

Banned
Maybe that white straight teenage boy will have some sort of inkling about what it's like to not be a white straight teenage boy now that he's horribly disfigured

If the characters on this show upset you that much simply by existing, don't watch the show.

I think Morty went too far addressing the issue with Ethan the way he did. Even thought I think he is the only one of the family that is not a totally awful human being.

LotusHD

Banned
I think Morty went too far addressing the issue with Ethan the way he did. Even thought I think he is the only one of the family that is a totally awful human being.

Well if he's the only one that's a totally awful human being, then I guess he's being true to himself ;D

Also, despite the Ethan issue, I think Morty is really growing up. I was watching the "show me what you got" episode today and he was a pain on the ass on that episode. But, since the season 2 finale, he is more centered and mature. I like this Morty a lot better than the season 2 one.

Pachinko

This episode was great. A true return to form if there needed to be one. Not sure if the missing ingredient is cynical Jerry or what exactly but this felt like the type of thing I like the most about this show.

As I said in my earlier comments though, I didn't hate the previous 3 episodes at all. They just felt like they were missing something that well, episode 1 and 5 weren't missing.

Dyle

An ok episode, the divorce stuff is really souring me on this season, I feel like it's getting in the way of the high concept premises that are usually the stars of the episodes. The apotheosis scene was great

what if what we're seeing with morty's evolution is actually mirroring snuffles's

Where are my testicles, Summer?

That was a good episode, I think I liked the b plot more than the Rick and Jerry one, although I felt like it was a really short ep and ended a bit too soon. Anyone else feel the same?

The concept of a world with an immortality shield was cool but that "Lisa" moment was too dark even for me. I covered my mouth lol.

And the whole Summer is jealous B plot was okay, not my favorite but it really did move along some character development.

How the fuck is this season gonna end though...

Darkest timeline.

Opto

Banned
Like, this whole show is about taking things too far. There was a joke about a kid shooting his sister in the head. Pickle Rick had excessive violence. Morty made Ethan a gross mismatched man for probably until we ever see Ethan again

Perineum

Are you guys really talking about this show being dark and violent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lus5J4vYMNg

Seriously... they even told you in that video lol.

I just recently got into Rick and Morty with season 3 happening. I binged it from start to being caught up now in a few days. Easily my favorite adult humor cartoon, and one of my favorite shows ever.

I personally don't think other than Ep1 this show has a bad episode. Good or great is what you get, but never bad.

Puruzi

Banned
I mean at least Ethan actually broke up with Summer instead of cheating on her. Summer straight up cheated on dude LMAO

Ronin Ray

I'm really enjoying the season but so far it's been one great episode followed buy just an ok episode. I hope next week's episode turns out to be better than okay.

Banzai

I don't get why some people think this episode was a "return to form". Not saying it was bad, to me it was pretty much the same as all other episodes this season, quality wise. Except maybe 2.
I really don't see what sets it apart from the other episodes so far.

There were like, few to zero laughs during this episode. Shit is getting dark, lol... you can tell Harmon was not in a good place when he created this season.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't get why some people think this episode was a "return to form". Not saying it was bad, to me it was pretty much the same as all other episodes this season, quality wise. Except maybe 2.

Just another good episode as far as I'm concerned

Sheroking

Probably the presence of a B-plot and a softer Rick.

I'm noticing people are internalizing this show in a weird and (IMO unhealthy) way, and when it goes darker, some fans are pulling back on it. This wasn't that dark of an episode, the Lisa scene not withstanding.

Fancolors

Only time I laughed this entire season was the child bit.

Still enjoying this so far, but watching past seasons made me realize Rick and Morty humor is just growing stale to me.

Huh, I just realized that Morty doing what he did to Ethan was a more appropriate punishment than I realized. Ethan made Summer feel bad and ugly about her body, so Morty made Ethan feel bad and ugly about his body in a very extreme way.

Damn Morty, you really do take after your grandfather.

Did he though? He had a preference (who doesn't) but we didn't see him do anything directly.

Amalthea

Banned
It's almost like those episodes basically show the dark sides of each character and how much they (have come to) resemble Rick.
Ep 2: Summer, Ep 3: Beth, Ep 4: Morty, Ep 5: Jerry and basically the other 3 in the B-plot again.

LordOfChaos

That felt better, to me. Last two episodes didn't do it for me so I'm relieved.

I feel like Ethan probably had a perfectly plausible reason for not going with Summer for her personality lol, he started to explain but Morty cut him off.

caliph95

That felt better, to me. Last two episodes didn't do it for me so I'm relieved.

I feel like Ethan probably had a perfectly plausible reason for not going with Summer for her personality lol, he started to explain but Morty cut him off.
Yeah the other girl has a larger and more attractive personality

Lmo911

I think the reaction works for Morty. He's been traumatized by Rick for so long dealing with a situation like Ethan is probably child's play for him. It's adventures with Rick where he can't keep it together.

"Holy cow Rick! I didn't know hanging out with you makes me smarter!" Is probably becoming more true than either of them realized. On the other hand, he's becoming more and more like Rick along the way.

Owari

Yay a good episode. Hopefully the rest of this season are good like this and they don't regress to those other writers.

Top Bottom