• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016-17 TV Cancellations Thread: TNT finds "Nothing can come of nothing."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memles

FX seems to be in a bad way. Thankfully Atlanta went over well for them.

Yes and no. Yes, FX is suffering from a lot of turnover. However, canceling things is a sign of their HEALTH in this current marketplace, as they're willing to admit when something isn't making the metrics work as more nascent cable channels throw good money after bad in their misguided attempts at believing prestige will generate meaningful income and brand loyalty in an era where people no longer have strong connections to channel brands.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sex&Drugs didn't look the least bit interesting to me. These Denis Leary projects always have the air of him trying to prop himself to be the hero and center of attention. Adam Sandler does the same thing. They get to play the cool guy, the one with the hot girlfriend for some reason, the alpha male among all their buddies, etc. I actually dug the dude before Rescue Me, but now I'm sufficiently burnt out on him. #EndRant

I'm glad FX is thinning out the shows that aren't working.

Pachimari

I'm slowly getting around to the new seasons. I'll take a look at the Fall TV thread and see what I'll be watching. I just need to finish Supergirl and The Vampire Diaries, then I'll be ready.

Penguin

Looks like we're back somewhat with the debut of Son of Zorn

Fast-Demo-2016-Sep-SUN.11.png

Going to imagine inflated with football lead-in

Joni

If it has a significant lead time for animation, they might need to air because they already have a lot of stuff.

kevin1025

Banned
I think it would have been better if was all animation.

I think you're on to something there. It jumped away from the actual interesting part way too quickly, basically the first minute.

If it has a significant lead time for animation, they might need to air because they already have a lot of stuff.

That's true. They might just air the finished episodes but scrap those that are incomplete.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Cinemax series premieres:

Strike Back - 567K
Hunted - 245K
Banshee - 483K
The Knick - 354K
Outcast - 152K
Quarry - 182K

Slayven

I think you're on to something there. It jumped away from the actual interesting part way too quickly, basically the first minute.

That's true. They might just air the finished episodes but scrap those that are incomplete.
Hell they could have done two different styles of animation. Old he-man style and something like king of the hill for the regular people.
I didn't realize it had aired already. It looked really stupid, though.

They just showed the pilot as a preview last night

I didn't realize Paranormal Witness wasn't cancelled, or that it had at least returned. I enjoy watching those shows, because that topic fascinates me. But it's likely fake.

I guess Space started it late, as Syfy (US only) is almost done the season. Space is just on episode 3 this week.

Busty

Banned
PREDICTIONS.

- Given its huge success on Facebook This Is Us will absolutely crush it for NBC this season.

- Lethal Weapon will surprise people. Whether it's positively or negatively I'm not sure but it will.

- Rob Lowe's (despite his hilarious roast) debut in Code Black won't make any difference to the ailing show.

- Despite my love for the first season of Scream Queens the second season won't get above a 1.0 in the demo.

- And The Exorcist will absolutely shit the bed and then jump out of the window for Fox in its Friday night slot.

L+SD Cinemax series premieres:

Strike Back - 567K
Hunted - 245K
Banshee - 483K
The Knick - 354K
Outcast - 152K
Quarry - 182K

Yowser. And to think that there was a time when Cinemax thought they could overtake Starz and Showtime with their scripted output.

I'll definitely check this out at some point given how much I loved the (earlier) seasons of Banshee but those numbers are awful even if they are marginally better than Outcast.

I hope Cinemax stick with their scripted output.

berzeli

Banned
Regular Show to blast itself into orbit for final season
Now, Cartoon Network has confirmed some similarly distressing details about the show’s upcoming eighth season, which is set to premiere on September 26 on Cartoon Network. For starters, the entire season is going to take place in orbit—meaning Mordecai and Rigby won’t be getting home any time soon—and this season will also be Regular Show‘s last.

edit: dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom