• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched this episode again with a kid who hasn't watched an episode of DBS and only caught Z a couple times via his brother. (He didn't even know Goku's name)

We were hype.

Skeeter49

The first half of 104 was good.

I think I'd put it as my 4th or 5th favorite episode of the TOP.
Probably 101>103>102>100=104>98>99>97 for me right now.

I want 103 to be higher, but Gohan's had better fights in the recruitment arc. Depending on how they handle Roshi, I could see 105 being high up. but the ending is really make or break for how I feel about an episode. It's why 99 is so low even though I do like a lot of the episode.

HeroR

There is no way either Cabba or Frost would get in over Hit.

And yes, screw Bardock. :p

I like Bardock, but his fanbase wank him too much and he's something like Broly thanks to the video games making him OP like no one's business with Heroes being the worst. I still get annoyed when I see Super Saiyan 3 Bardock or Bardock being so special that time pirates save him to enslaved him.

Which is why I prefer Toriyama's take on the character. He's strong, but he was never classified as a mid-tier Saiyan.

The first half of 104 was good.

I think I'd put it as my 4th or 5th favorite episode of the TOP.
Probably 101>103>102>100=104>98>99>97 for me right now.

I want 103 to be higher, but Gohan's had better fights in the recruitment arc. Depending on how they handle Roshi, I could see 105 being high up. but the ending is really make or break for how I feel about an episode. It's why 99 is so low even though I do like a lot of the episode.

Interesting order. For me it's:

104: Hit plus tactical fighting I love and Goku being semi-serious won me over. I also adore Dypso's fighting style and how he countered Hit's Time-Skip. Not even the return of Super Saiyan God could detract from it.

100 and 101: I put these together since they continue the same storyline of Kale and Cali. 100 gets it for me because it shows Goku being a teacher and him bonding with Cali and Kale gets her much needed character development in 101 to make her more than a Broly clone. Plus, I enjoyed the Pride Troopers and the androids. Most of all, I just love the bond between Kale and Cali.

103: Mostly for the first half with Goku and 17. Sorry Gohan fans, the only part I really liked with Gohan was his reaction to U10's erasing.

99: Krillin get a time to shine before being ring-out in a somewhat funny way. Always the butt monkey.

102: Good fight with 17 and the magical girls stole the show. (bias since I am a Sailor Moon fan and enjoyed the magical girl jokes)

98: U9 makes its final stand, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought since base form Goku and Vegeta shouldn't of had that much trouble. It kind of took me out of the episode and the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Final Kamehameha combo was just unneeded overkill.

97: The start of the tournament set everything up including the chaos, but is overall the weakest episode of the tournament.

Skeeter49

Vados

"The shockwave only effects people"

wut
1 more reason Puar should have been in this tournament instead of Tien.

I'm pretty sure Puar would have counted as a person.
Can Puar turn into regular objects, or only people/ animals?

I like Bardock, but his fanbase wank him too much and he's something like Broly thanks to the video games making him OP like no one's business with Heroes being the worst. I still get annoyed when I see Super Saiyan 3 Bardock or Bardock being so special that time pirates save him to enslaved him.

Which is why I prefer Toriyama's take on the character. He's strong, but he was never classified as a mid-tier Saiyan.

Interesting order. For me it's:
Good order. Seems like the main one we disagree with is 104/ 103. there's a lot to like in 104. Hit is a badass, SSG looks great and in general the episode looks really good, and Hit's attacks are always fun to see. I would have liked to see Caulifla and Kale work with Hit though, see how they interact, more than Goku. At the end of the day I'm a Gohan fan and he just has to have a good moment for me to like his episodes, I'm just impressed there is an episode I'd put above a Gohan focused episode.

I feel like I'm being too harsh on 100, because of how much I like 101, but the ending lowers it a little bit for me. I think 100 and 101 needed to be 3 episodes, and I think 100 suffers more from that. The ending with the SSB Kamehameha felt too much like a call back, and could have been handled better, most of Kale's hate comes from her tanking that, maybe that would have been a good time to introduce SSG. Jiren oneshotting Kale also could have been better imo. But I really like Caulifla and Goku interacting, and her fighting those 2 people beating down Kale was great, in general I thought that was well done. The only thing that irritated me in 101 was Caulifla not going SSJ/ SSJ2 when she was being attacked, especially when there was a break in attacks long enough for her to attack.

102 is funny, and it's given me a much better liking towards 17. I watched sailor moon when I was younger, so it was interesting to see a sailor moon type episode. I really liked Kakunsa.

I feel like I'm judging 99 too hard based on how Krillin was knocked out.

For the ones I feel like I'm judging too hard, time will probably help with that.

Vados

"The shockwave only effects people"

wut

Did you forget when he shot a blast through a tree and it didn't do anything to them?

I'm pretty sure Puar would have counted as a person.

Yes, but I don't think it'd matter, I'm pretty sure Puar would still count as a "person", that kind of transforming doesn't change strength or anything, so I don't think it actually changes what the person is made of.

lmao.
0v3JN9w.png

HeroR

Good order. Seems like the main one we disagree with is 104/ 103. there's a lot to like in 104. Hit is a badass, SSG looks great and in general the episode looks really good, and Hit's attacks are always fun to see. At the end of the day I'm a Gohan fan and he just has to have a good moment for me to like his episodes, I'm just impressed there is an episode I'd put above a Gohan focused episode.

I feel like I'm being too harsh on 100, because of how much I like 101, but the ending lowers it a little bit for me. I think 100 and 101 needed to be 3 episodes, and I think 100 suffers more from that. The ending with the SSB Kamehameha felt too much like a call back, and could have been handled better, most of Kale's hate comes from her tanking that, maybe that would have been a good time to introduce SSG. Jiren oneshotting Kale also could have been better imo. But I really like Caulifla and Goku interacting, and her fighting those 2 people beating down Kale was great, in general I thought that was well done. The only thing that irritated me in 101 was Caulifla not going SSJ/ SSJ2 when she was being attacked, especially when there was a break in attacks long enough for her to attack.

102 is funny, and it's given me a much better liking towards 17. I watched sailor moon when I was younger, so it was interesting to see a sailor moon type episode. I really liked Kakunsa.

I feel like I'm judging 99 too hard based on how Krillin was knocked out.

For the ones I feel like I'm judging too hard, time will probably help with that.

I like Gohan too, he's my number two after Goku, which is why I was disappointed with 103. I really wanted Gohan to used tactics and I thought we would with how a weaker Gohan fought Lavender. The way he handled Botamo seems far more cumbersome than Goku and Vegeta's solutions and I still call it a copout that Goku told Gohan about Botamo's ability instead of letting Gohan figure it out and counter. The fight with U10 was just a straight disappointment since the guy had a powerful technique that Gohan countered by being stronger. Which goes to my issue that Gohan relies too much on his brute strength to win and it doesn't help that the same episode had Goku and Piccolo outsmarting their opponent. Goku especially since he could have beating his magical girl just by going Super Saiyan, but chose to study her technique and beat her at her own game. I am happy other enjoyed it, but after Gohan was benched through this tournament, I expected something more.

I don't see the big deal about Kale tanking the Kamehameha. Yeah, it's callback, but if she's actually that strong why not. Nothing says that she wasn't that powerful or Super Saiyan God would have handled her and it remains me of people who try to downplay 17, especially those who says that Goku could have beaten 17 with Super Saiyan God. No he couldn't, 17 is that powerful. As for Cali not using Super Saiyan, I just assumed she was pulling a Goku.

I can understand why people didn't like how Krillin was ringed out given all his build-up before the tournament, but at the end of the day Krillin was the original butt monkey. So his run in the tournament would end in a gag.

Skeeter49

Slaythe will win when 17 shows a cool move in this tournament, and it's in the DLC with 17.

I doubt Caulifla will be in even in DLC, but I still have 2 Gohan's and 18.

Style

Banned
I figured Goten and Trunks were going to be this game's token twin fighters with Gotenks being a power up. Guess not.

dci260

LotusHD

Banned
Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qjJUTXod8c

If it makes you feel better, Slaythe, 17 looks cool when he's on scene.

The story mode strangely look like the Future Trunks Saga, but have zombies Gokus instead of Black. Actually, reminds me of the finale of the Super manga.

We're all thinking that. Weirdly gives me hope that he'll make it in lol

This is such a dumb decision.

18 was always getting in. We just didn't know how conjoined she'd be to 17 lol

J4g3r

I know there was already speculation that one of SSB Vegeta's moves in FighterZ would be the beat down he does on Black (Rosé) based on screenshots:

I think it was this one:

I feel like this new one though kind of confirms it:

It's already been used in Dokkan Battle, it's called "Pride of Our Warrior Race" there.

I know there was already speculation that one of SSB Vegeta's moves in FighterZ would be the beat down he does on Black (Rosé) based on screenshots:

I think it was this one:

I feel like this new one though kind of confirms it:

It's already been used in Dokkan Battle, it's called "Pride of Our Warrior Race" there.
For reference.
isJYmT0.gif

HeroR

We're all thinking that. Weirdly gives me hope that he'll make it in lol

18 was always getting in. We just didn't know how conjoined she'd be to 17 lol

If they do do a version of the Future Trunks Saga, I hope it's better than Xenoverse's take on it, which was lackluster. They didn't even try to explain why the Time Patrol didn't stop Zamasu before he killed Gowasu since he's abusing time-travel and is a rogue Kai. They treat it like a time invasion is support to happen, despite the Time Patrol existing to keep people like Zamasu from using time-travel for their own ends. Not to mention, they washed their hands of trying to explain Super Trunks to Xeno Trunks.

Slaythe

For the record, this 17 is made as short as 18

And he has HER attacks, he kicks and punches like her. It's a 1:1 copy paste.

So it's not really 17 as much as it is 18 cosplaying as 17.

We'll pretend that ugly ass barrier that's not even fitting the model is a unique move lol.

If they do do a version of the Future Trunks Saga, I hope it's better than Xenoverse's take on it, which was lackluster. They didn't even try to explain why the Time Patrol didn't stop Zamasu before he killed Gowasu since he's abusing time-travel and is a rogue Kai. They treat it like a time invasion is support to happen, despite the Time Patrol existing to keep people like Zamasu from using time-travel for their own ends. Not to mention, they washed their hands of trying to explain Super Trunks to Xeno Trunks.

The Time Patrol is based in age 850 and after, by the time the Time Patrol was set up Zamasu had already killed Gowasu many years ago.

Ricky 7

His fight with Obuni was great.
Didn't think it was that good tbh.
What are you talking about, he's been cool this entire arc.
I was kinda referring to his fights, he has the right attitude now I just want to see him do something cool in a fight. I have really high standards for Gohan he's like my favourite character out of everything I like lol I want him to be the best character in DBS 👀

HeroR

The Time Patrol is based in age 850 and after, by the time the Time Patrol was set up Zamasu had already killed Gowasu many years ago.

But why are they treating the Time Rings as some holy sin when it's official tool of the Kais. Also, how would Zamasu know about the Time Patrol if they were created after he time traveled?

HardRojo

Why does this game look so fucking good!? February is sooner than I expected, I thought it'd come out by June or July, not just a couple of months into 2018. I guess we'll be seeing lots of announcements in the coming months.

You think they'd have them out, ready for people's money. Champa/Vados were shown 2 years ago and still no sign.

Fused Zamasu and Hit would be perfection. And a little double pack of Zeno.

They're not great with this, it was years ago since they announced Nappa, cancelled it then they're finally releasing a new one next month. Feels like ages ago since they announced Tienshinhan and Yamcha as well, plus they announced SSJ4 Goku and Kid Goku which just never went anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom