• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OP discovers he's a germaphobe; next door occupant shits without wiping

KHarvey16

Yes. When you're willing to go as far as to make a public Facebook post about how putting TP on a seat when you poop is not necessary and then complain about someone who left TP on the seat because that's gross, then that's hypocrisy of the highest degree and you should be shamed for it.

No it's not? Now there's a needless pile of absorbent garbage on the seat that some ignorant, inconsiderate asshole left behind that needs to be cleaned up. Toilet seats don't need to be gathered together and flushed and they also don't absorb your ass sweat and whatever else you decided was ok to leave behind for someone else to clean.

Tbh, I've taken to washing my ass and the back of my legs after taking a shit at home.

It's probably excesssive but makes me feel way more comfortable jumping back into bed butt naked.

There are people reading this thread right now on their phone, right above the open toilet seat. And they won't close the seat before they flush so the remnants fly everywhere

Tbh, I've taken to washing my ass and the back of my legs after taking a shit at home.

It's probably excesssive but makes me feel way more comfortable jumping back into bed butt naked.

There are people reading this thread right now on their phone, right above the open toilet seat. And they won't close the seat before they flush so the remnants fly everywhere

I do it not for honor, but for you!

No it's not? Now there's a needless pile of absorbent garbage on the seat that some ignorant, inconsiderate asshole left behind that needs to be cleaned up. Toilet seats don't need to be gathered together and flushed and they also don't absorb your ass sweat and whatever else you decided was ok to leave behind for someone else to clean.

I've got bad news, dude. If your ass is sweating when you're on the toilet, that ass sweat is condensing on the back of the toilet seat. And any shit or other stuff will also be left behind, regardless of TP. Using TP is actually the considerate thing to do, since you're not passing along what's back there to the next sitter.

KHarvey16

I've got bad news, dude. If your ass is sweating when you're on the toilet, that ass sweat is condensing on the back of the toilet seat. And any shit or other stuff will also be left behind, regardless of TP. Using TP is actually the considerate thing to do, since you're not passing along what's back there to the next sitter.

It either evaporates and is dry and no one cares or it's wet and you wipe it off. There's no removing dirty debris involved.

I can't believe a person is seriously suggesting that arguing against using a layer of toilet paper means they also have to sit on leftover toilet paper from someone else.

daveo42

Banned
I usually wipe the seat clean, If it's at work, I can use some sanitizer as well. Other than that, I always make sure there's toilet paper available before doing the dark deed. Oddly enough, I know far too many people who seem to have some horrible-sounding shits, only to wipe once and then walk out. The amount of shit in people's trousers has got to be astounding.

It either evaporates and is dry and no one cares or it's wet and you wipe it off. There's no removing dirty debris involved.

I can't believe a person is seriously suggesting that arguing against using a layer of toilet paper means they also have to sit on leftover toilet paper from someone else.

That's not what I'm arguing.

I'm arguing that it's hypocritical to complain about sitting on someone's toilet paper when you're perfectly fine with sitting on a bare toilet seat, which other people have also sat on (even more so).

Those who put their ass directly onto the seat obviously had never worked as a janitor.

I clean the toilets at work. I still put my ass directly on the seat in public restrooms. If it's wet, I'll wipe it off. I don't have the time or patience to worry about harmless germs.

Besides, most of the time they're dirty because of germaphobic motherfuckers who hover over the seat, getting their piss (and sometimes shit) everywhere.

KHarvey16

That's not what I'm arguing.

I'm arguing that it's hypocritical to complain about sitting on someone's toilet paper when you're perfectly fine with sitting on a bare toilet seat, which other people have also sat on (even more so).

But it's not, because one is a hard plastic seat meant for the purpose and the other is paper piled on top of said seat. What you're saying makes no sense.

So I go to the restroom at work and the first thing I always do is layer the seat with toilet paper. We don't have the wax paper-like insertions that you can pull from a dispenser. There's no toilet paper in the stall so I move to the next one and sit down. Then I hear someone come in right next to me to take a dump in the stall that had no toilet paper. I'm grossed out because 1) They had to have sat directly on the seat and 2) They have no toilet paper to wipe themselves with. How can people do this?

Well maybe if you didn't cover the seat to cover your ass instead of wiping it with toilet paper, he wouldn't worry about popping the shit down the u-bin and wiping his hands on his pants

Purkake4

Banned
Agree to disagree. I'm going to go take a shit and put TP down on the seat beforehand. Good day, sir.
giphy.gif

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
i use pocket Lysol to spray the seat wipe it down with toliet paper then layer the seat with toilet paper. Cannot be careful.

Ferrio

Banned
If there's no piss/shit on the seat I'll sit on it. If there is, I'm going to another stall. I have no time to lay down flimsy paper on the seat that'll do nothing in the long run.

Aki-at

The fact there's someone out there who takes a dump without using toilet paper to clean himself leaves me incredibly disturbed.

But also incredibly grateful I'm not like the OP and have to be in close proximity to said person.

Those who put their ass directly onto the seat obviously had never worked as a janitor.

Pretty sure you have that backwards, a janitor is going to be the last person to feel the need to put tp on a toilet seat. They've seen it all, touched it all, and yet they're not dead or diseased somehow!

yepyepyep

Meh. I don't like taking a dump in a public toilet and will avoid if I can but if I really need to go I will do it without layering with toilet paper. It is really a false sense of security, I mean there is a reason why you wash your hands after wiping your ass, whatever germs are on the seat are going to make there way to your butt cheeks anyway. There is also the fact that you are literally taking a shit, there is already going to be shit germs around your ass area even after you wipe. It is an area of the body that is used to being surrounded by germs and is not meant to be sterile.

What annoys me in public bathrooms is when there is no way to open the door without touching the handle, makes washing your hands pointless.

Saganator

One of my jobs at Costco was cleaning the bathrooms. I've seen shit splattered in ways one can not comprehend, but I still sit my bare ass on a toilet seat.

Most public restrooms are probably cleaner than your bathroom at home.

Pretty sure you have that backwards, a janitor is going to be the last person to feel the need to put tp on a toilet seat. They've seen it all, touched it all, and yet they're not dead or diseased somehow!

They're also the first person to shit on a newly cleaned toilet :)

KHarvey16

Meh. I don't like taking a dump in a public toilet and will avoid if I can but if I really need to go I will do it without layering with toilet paper. It is really a false sense of security, I mean there is a reason why you wash your hands after wiping your ass, whatever germs are on the seat are going to make there way to your butt cheeks anyway. There is also the fact that you are literally taking a shit, there is already going to be shit germs around your ass area even after you wipe. It is an area of the body that is used to being surrounded by germs and is not meant to be sterile.

What annoys me in public bathrooms is when there is no way to open the door without touching the handle, makes washing your hands pointless.

The doorhandle inside the bathroom is likely the cleanest one in the building. More people wash their hands before touching it than any other.

mrkgoo

I think both things can be true.

Once our toilet was slightly leaking, and we called a plumber. He full on just stuck his bare hand into the toilet and pressed against the back to see the water flowing.

And to those dumping (LOL, pun intended) on germaphobia, it may be irrational at times, but as someone who suffers from OCD (and yes, it can be inconsistent, illogical, and irrational), I think it's a bit unfair. It can be a debilitating mental condition impacting daily life - the way to help those people isn't to trigger it further, but education does.

personally, I use public toilets and sit straight on it. I always put some toilet paper into the bowl first (the water level is not like the US here, so you can get splash back), and I use that first few pieces to briefly wipe the seat before I sit on it.

edit:

Lol this is so true - I would be upset too. what is this from?

Top Bottom