• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EastEnders |OT| Get Outta My Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Peter Beale Death stair!

anakin_syndrome_wide.jpg

I think if you open the great screenwriter's dictionary and look under 'filler' you'll now see a picture of Nancy asking Mick the same question a good ten times across two episodes and him lamely avoiding an answer.

Surprised by the amount of direct continuation of the Bobby stuff though. Kinda went in thinking there would just be vague allusions to a murderer but to have it directly brought up was cool.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Weird to think this was probably filmed last year.
I have enjoyed the different ways they've attempted to conceal Jacqueline Jossa's baby bump.
Mother of god! A Wii U !
I swear BBC and Nintendo have some sort of deal, there's 3DS systems cropping up all over the place.
I fucking hate Keeble, lol
Same haha, she's so up herself.

What the hell happened to Phil? Can't just not drop the Kathy bombshell before they leave.

I swear BBC and Nintendo have some sort of deal, there's 3DS systems cropping up all over the place.

As I said in the live thread, they are trying to link violence with video games. I'm sure there will be a scene with Dot in the police station talking about raiding in Destiny. Any character seen playing Majora's Mask should be locked up right away as a precaution.

MikeMyers

Thought tonight's episode was decent. Hope the upcoming episodes do Peter and Lauren characterization's justice. I like them.

GRW810

I always like minor characters in shows, especially amidst massive storylines. The Beales, Cottons and Carters are all main eventing, Kim has her baby worries, and EastEnders still managed to give some attention to Pam and Les. Just shows the depth of the cast.

I really liked how the Lucy aftermath was handled. Clearly the scenes filmed long ago were very ambiguous, though Treadwell-Collins tweeted there were inserts filmed just this morning.

The missing Dean development is really, really weak unfortunately. Everyone knows he's alive so it's a pointless twist to a good storyline. Simply having Dean stay away for all this time would have had more impact.

A Denny mention! He's alive!

Les cracks me up.
It was nice to see Ben genuinely scared about how he feels instead of the hard act he tries to put on.

Nice episode, tied up a few loose threads.
Weird hearing Julia's Theme a lot these past few weeks!

Broken Joystick

Moving halfway around the world?
Screw it, one rucksack and I'll be fine.

Lucy's grave also joined Denny in the "Missing" club:

In front of grave:
9QzEp4w.png

2ft and 20 seconds later...
71X6fpW.png

edit: reading some FB comments I think it's been confirmed that Peter is returning but with a new actor later next year, and they're gonna drag out the Dean thing for a few months

MikeMyers

Just watched the episode. Really good exit for Peter & Lauren, although really disappointed in the added Peter & Michael Myers scene.

That said, this current "is Dean dead?" storyline just feels out of place and like padding at this point.

Can't wait to see Ben Hardy in X-Men!

MikeMyers

Just watched the episode. Was alright, but Nancy has been getting on my nerves recently.

EDIT: Holy shit, that Bealehood trailer was amazing.

I don't know if any of you guys watch Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe but he had a segment on the Live Week last night and he was surprisingly positive.

I'm enough of a child to think that Charlie Brooker liking something that I like totally validates it.

Dos anyone else think Nancy seems borderline mentally ill? She pulls weird faces and talks in such a stupid way.

Come to think of it, her character annoys me. She was originally a chavvy rude girl, with a penchant for bad boys and now she's a whiney Daddy's girl.

Mind you, I still prefer her to Carol and Sonia.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Dos anyone else think Nancy seems borderline mentally ill? She pulls weird faces and talks in such a stupid way.

Come to think of it, her character annoys me. She was originally a chavvy rude girl, with a penchant for bad boys and now she's a whiney Daddy's girl.

Mind you, I still prefer her to Carol and Sonia.

Personally I think Nancy has fallen into the trap of the writer not knowing what to do with her.

I don't know if any of you guys watch Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe but he had a segment on the Live Week last night and he was surprisingly positive.

I'm enough of a child to think that Charlie Brooker liking something that I like totally validates it.
"If that's Ben Mitchell, tell him to fuck off."

Broken Joystick

Pretty competent episode tonight, shit actually happened, though we all know they're going to drag this Dean shit out.

L's mum singing wasn't exactly great.

MikeMyers

Personally I think Nancy has fallen into the trap of the writer not knowing what to do with her.

Writing out Johnny and Dexter probably hurt her characterization since they were the main two people she interacted with.

What happened to Tamwar's crush on her?

GRW810

I thought EXACTLY the same as you while I watched it. Impressed at the positivity and then the sense of validation.

MikeMyers

It's like someone said in this thread before, these characters never truly die.

I wouldn't even be surprised if in 2 years they bring back Lucy Beale with a new actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom