• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 GWG/PS Plus - Which "free" game did you play the most this year?

FN-2187

Which of the games included with your membership did you play (and/or enjoy) the most this year?

As a reminder:
PS Plus list – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)
GWG list – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

For me it was Slime Rancher. I had never heard of the game, but my kids and I had a lot of fun with it.

My runner up was Powerstar Golf (it was a Japanese alt. one month). Another game I had never heard of. It’s a solid arcade golf game. Obviously it’s not as good as a Hot Shots, but I ended up playing it quite a bit.

How about you?

Seraphym

Slime Rancher
Not something I would of bought, but got quietly addicted to mutations,growing crops and exploring.

BANGS

Banned
Fortnite I don't think fits the rules of this topic, but it's easily my most played game this year and it's completely free lmfao...

Other than that, Life is Strange and Worms have been pretty good to me... but neither captured me for too long...

Flux

Slime Rancher was my kick back and relax game. So much fun until you create so many slime in one area that the frame rate dips.

Vermin tide looks like it'll be the overall winner in time spent. It's addictive fun like Left 4 Dead, and all my Xbox live friends have it by default so it's always a great group game.

well of the ps+ games this yr that i was interested in:

I owned already and therefore disqualified:
Until dawn
Resident evil

I beat:
Day of the tentacle
Tales from the borderlands

In queue:
Mgs5
Life is strange

So Tales by default because its a longer game than Day

This year? Forza 5. I know it's supposed to be terrible or disappointing or whatever, but I've been having fun with it. Stats say I'm at 15 hours.

In the defense of everything else that came out this year, my backlog was already huge, and free games every month don't help shrink it. There's probably several I'd happily throw more time into, but I haven't gotten to them yet.

Tommi84

By far, it was Alienation - super nice twinstick shooter. Probably spent around 100h and have a Platinium trophy for it.

colon

Looking over the list, I didn't play many of the "free" games this year at all. A lot of times they don't give games that interest me (I speak only about the PS+ offering as I don't have a Xbox One).
I guess the one I spent the most time with was Tales from the Borderlands. But the one I enjoyed the most would be Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

Good question. When I go through this list, I see few games I've enjoyed on my ps4 and vita.

In the past months, I loved to play Lovers in a dangerous spacetime, DOTT, VVVVVV, GoT season 1 (except that there is no season 2...), Journey, Just Cause 3, Rocket League, Transformers devastation. And need to play to MGS, Life is strange, Tearaway, Gone Home and Until Dawn. The rest of "free" games were a monthly deception for me, Sony is not doing well.

I really to see more big games like Mad Max, No Man Sky or Dragon Age.

SS4Ricky

Neo Member
A lot this year honestly.

Lovers in a dangerous spacetime: Great couch Co op game, spent plenty of hours on it.

Ryse: Son of Rome: A must play. I dunno why I've gone so long without it but played through the end. I think I remember them tooting about the Kinect compatibly so everyone stayed away but it's just a fun DmC style 300 game with gorgeous graphics.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams – Director's Cut: Big fan of Machine Supremacy, and a solid platformer as well. Dunno how I missed this one when it came out.

Watch Dogs: I never bothered to check it out on release, honestly not a big GTA style gamer. Played a few hours and my stance on these games really hasn't changed.

Slime Rancher: became a total hipster and decided it was over hyped. Nah but seriously just never got around to it and Return of Samus came out shortly afterwards. There was no going back.

Vermintide I spend most of the beginning of the year playing so I'm spent on that game. Great L4D style game for anyone that's curious.

Top Bottom