• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis - General Discussion

Ricker

Caroline Garcia looks like the new Prophet for now...still in the Singapore tournament and meets Woz tomorrow.

Anyway,I see most of you guys left,catch you all for Tennis talk at the new place as well I guess...total noob with the Discord and Hangouts stuff so waiting for the open registration.

Salut...age of Genie will start over in 2018 ;)

sjboi

Martina Hingis is retiring after the Singapore finals :(

Her illustrious career includes dominating the singles game as a 16 year old in the late 90s, retiring due to injuries, a short-lived comeback in the mid 2000s that ended with a controversial two year ban for a positive cocaine drug test, and a third doubles comeback in 2013. She has a total of 5 singles Slams, 13 women’s doubles Slams, 7 mixed doubles Slams, countless WTA titles and a bunch of “youngest ever” records unlikely to be broken in our lifetime. She is retiring as the world’s number 1 ranked doubles player, and is currently on a huge win streak (20 matches?) with her partner Latisha Chan, with only one or two matches left to play in her career, at the WTA Finals.

Martina was my favorite pro player as a kid in the 90s — I used to live for her epic matches against the Williams sisters. To watch her win Slams decades later has been awesome! And of course she does it with such flair, almost never being able to match her opponents power, but still beating them all anyway :p I hope she makes a 4th comeback in her 40s, after she has kids or whatever, and sets a bunch of “oldest ever” records. Why not?!

Top Bottom