• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Butt Wrestling Sports Manga/Anime Keijo!!!!!!!! getting live tests in Portugal

JAlad8l.gif

Trace

Banned
Keijo is my guilty pleasure. Wish the 4chan translators would continue translating the manga, I need the rest of it.

The author's actual thoughts:

Sadly he was also getting too stressed out from working on the manga, so called it quits. Led to some confusion due to a mistranslation on sales numbers for the anime too - people had thought it did badly and so the whole franchise was cancelled.

Nightbird

It's good to see people taking a positive approach to the concept and having fun with it.

Surprised how in-depth they've taken this with their concerns about protective gear to avoid injury.

It's doubtful it will go anywhere, but the internet has made it possible for unexpected movements to go, so maybe in a few decades we'll have male and female Keijo competitions at the Olympics.

I for one am happy that you discovered it lol

jts

...hate me...
Never heard of any of this.

What's funny is that "Keijo" reads like "cheese" in portuguese, which can be used as slang for ass.

Zweizer

Banned
Sadly he was also getting too stressed out from working on the manga, so called it quits. Led to some confusion due to a mistranslation on sales numbers for the anime too - people had thought it did badly and so the whole franchise was cancelled.

Yeah, it's a shame he couldn't find appropriate assistants.

Messenger, advertiser, organiser, sponsor.

Did I miss anything? Don't say participant.

I wish I could be a participant lol.

Would probably get my ass kicked, but still.

Good for a first try butt it needs more.

Consider showing your support by buying BDs~

What's funny is that "Keijo" reads like "cheese" in portuguese, which can be used as slang for ass.

Truly the perfect country to start it.

dani_dc

I for one am happy that you discovered it lol

Truly the perfect country to start it.

They temporarily changed the name of "Qeijo" due to copyright concerns, but apparently Keijo counts as a sport name like "Volleyball" or "Soccer" so it's ok to use it (or so they say).

Zweizer

Banned
They temporarily changed the name of "Qeijo" due to copyright concerns, but apparently Keijo counts as a sport name like "Volleyball" or "Soccer" so it's ok to use it (or so they say).

That makes sense, and I'd say is a good way towards legitimizing it.

Loona

I'm more of a Girls und Panzer kind of guy, but clearly the noble lady sport of Senshado is beyond Portugal's economy.

My hope is that this will spread to Brazil.

If it ever gets to that point, I'm afraid they'd just outclass the rest of the planet, there seems to be a disproportionate focus on the relevant anatomy already without a sport revolving around it...

shaowebb

Keijo...now theres a crazy guest character for DFCI or something. Imagine playing a fighting game where this shit happened lol.

Zweizer

Banned
Top Bottom