• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft II Korean Air event news

Zzoram

Korean Air will fly a plane with this skin.
playxp_1277346388_68276_me2photo.jpg

Lotteria will sell Starcraft II branded fast food.
playxp_1277345505_18451_me2photo.jpg

Hydra toasted by psionic strom and bursting baneling cheese
playxp_1277349847_17693_me2photo.jpg

Also:

In South Korea and Taiwan will have access to the public beta when the game ships, the beta will allow them to try the online for a short time as a demo. Starcraft II will have a 30 day online pass for ~$10 and the full game with unlimited online play will cost ~$70. There will also be a $2/day online pass option for people who can rarely play except on holidays or stuff.

World of Warcraft subscribers in South Korea will get free access to Starcraft II online as part of their subscription, for the duration of their WoW subscription.

Successful professional Starcraft II players can earn a university scholarship from Blizzard, in addition to whatever salary/prize money they earn.

Previously rumored but now confirmed - Starcraft II Professional Edition will have LAN, but will only be available for televised tournament play in South Korea.

Update - There will be NO physical copy in South Korea, it'll be download only

Blizzard

Banned
Zzoram said:
Previously rumored but now confirmed - Starcraft II Professional Edition will have LAN, but will only be available for televised tournament play in South Korea.
As Blizzard, I am glad to be providing my customers the best gameplay experience by only providing this LAN version in limited distribution, along with no cross-region play. I am happy to announce that it will never be leaked, ever, or played outside of South Korean professional play!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Blizzard said:
As Blizzard, I am glad to be providing my customers the best gameplay experience by only providing this LAN version in limited distribution, along with no cross-region play. I am happy to announce that it will never be leaked, ever, or played outside of South Korean professional play!

Rumors suggested that you have to log into the Professional Edition using a Blizzard controlled ID and Password.

In other words, this is not a stand-alone client. It has to be connected to Blizzard's servers like every other copy of the game.

Blizzard has played this game before. They're not stupid.

ZealousD said:
Rumors suggested that you have to log into the Professional Edition using a Blizzard controlled ID and Password.

In other words, this is not a stand-alone client. It has to be connected to Blizzard's servers like every other copy of the game.

this

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Blizzard said:
I'm just bitter ;_;
You needn't be.
Noone in Korea gives a f#$% about the LAN version anyway (for SC or any other game), even if it was possible for it to leak.

FoxSpirit

ZealousD said:

And that is a problem when you would only get this as a leaked version anyway?

ZealousD

FoxSpirit said:
And that is a problem when you would only get this as a leaked version anyway?

The client would leak. The username and password probably wouldn't. And even if it did, all Blizzard would have to do is change 'em, since the authorization would be server side. At that point, hackers would have to spend the necessary time the crack the client so that the log-in could be bypassed.

What the fuck is this shit. If the security is so goddamn advanced and you have to authenticate and whatever why in hell do only SK tournament players get it? Fuck you, Blizzard. We used to be lovers.

ZealousD

JWong said:
So is KeSpa allowed to touch SC2?

It sounds like Blizzard is taking over.

Sure. They just have to negociate with Gretech/GomTV.

Sykra

BananaBomb said:
What the fuck is this shit. If the security is so goddamn advanced and you have to authenticate and whatever why in hell do only SK tournament players get it? Fuck you, Blizzard. We used to be lovers.

At this time there is no reason to doubt that MLG events and other bigger lan events will have access to this version, much like the WoW model.

Top Bottom