• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 Social-Link/Confidant discussion |OT| Laughing Banana is Makoto's husbando

_Ryo_

I dont have the game yet, unfortunately but I wanted to speak on SL romance in general.

The thing is, I am not always interested in monogamous relationships IRL so I find it perfectly reasonable to romance all options, with the caveat that they'd consent to it and share those values. But unfortunately it is very disappointing that there arent any Social Links that as far as I know are not into monogamy.

So generally yeah, I feel bad when I romance all of them but I wouldn't if they didn't care. Lol.

AzureFlame

The teacher is mine.

also spoiler about romancing all possible girls

that scene at the end where they catch cheating on them made me laugh hard, especially Ryujii message

What is the reward for dating the teacher? I'm wondering if I should invest with her to gain some useful advantage in battle...

Zalman

I can't choose. Been balancing my time between Ann and Makoto and I'm at a point where I can romance Ann, but I'm not sure if I want to make the commitment already. I haven't even met Haru or Futaba yet.

I at least want to see all the scenes, but thankfully you can reload saves.

Cornbread78

I can't choose. Been balancing my time between Ann and Makoto and I'm at a point where I can romance Ann, but I'm not sure if I want to make the commitment already. I haven't even met Haru or Futaba yet.

I at least want to see all the scenes, but thankfully you can reload saves.

Just date them all then look away on that fateful day when they all find out what a playa you are.

I'll just go with Anne and then go find the tae scenes. No other girl really interests me. But apparently futaba isn't as popular as the first announcement.

Cornbread78

Honestly, I'm not sure who I would go with if it was just one of them. There is just no way so I choose to experience as much as possible from the game by dating them all.

Anne is super cute though...

Tiops

I'm going to commit to one girl, as I did on Persona 4 (Yukiko). No idea who though. I thought it was going to be easy to exclude Ann from the options (as she's the vanilla, obvious choice, like Yukari on P3), but they made her such a cool character :(

mollipen

Kind of curious, are there any canon side pairings? Not expecting much from a Persona game in that regard, but worth asking. Aside from my foot and Morgana, the cheeky little bastard.

I still wish the game had a robust enough relationship engine that you could help other characters hook up if you aren't interested in them.

To this day, I still feel heartbroken that Mitsuru and hallway student never happened...

Weebos

Banned
I find it pretty strange how many adults you can date in this game. Do any of them comment on the age difference? I believe the main character is stated to be 16, probably ages to 17 at some point in the story? I assume the maid does because of that whole situation, but do the doctor, journalist, or fortune teller say anything about it?

At least those three seem mid-twenties (though the doctor is a doctor, so she could be older by virtue of how long education takes).

I don't mind the older women thing, just surprised that there are four adult options for a high schooler.

DMONKUMA

Besides Haru I wasn't really feeling anything from the other main girls before the game release( I absolutely don't care for Futaba) but Makoto I'll give a chance as I like her character a bit. I knew I wasn't gonna like Anne either way just by her design but actually playing the game.....yah....

For any one who is at 12/24(not story related but you can choose who will you spend time with on Christmas. So if you want to read it go ahead)

which female confidant did you does your time? What item did she give you and what does it effect? For me I did Makoto and she gave me a wristwatch which grants bonus points when your hanging with one of the confidant with the matching persona.

vypek

Can you max out confidant levels in one playthrough? I'm almost hesitant to start the game cause I overthink these kinds of stats and don't want to get locked out of maxing something out (unless it doesn't matter).

Chaos17

Very easy Makoto choice for me. This Joker hails the Queen.

I just finished her chapter and also unlocked her social link.
Her social link alone make her waifu material, lol
But! I'm still not won over!
Though, for me it's Yusuke > Ryugi.
Fuck Ryugi that dude is only after "fame", he has an inferiority complex that need to be threated through main story, imo.
I know you help him through his social link to calm down but damn, I dislike him during main story how he only about going after big names -.-'

Can you max out confidant levels in one playthrough? I'm almost hesitant to start the game cause I overthink these kinds of stats and don't want to get locked out of maxing something out (unless it doesn't matter).

you can but you must follow a guide, it's almost impossible to reach it by yourself

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I just got to the second castle. But fuck that I want to know who to romance in the future.

Not Ann. I get bad juju from her.

Whoever this is will probs be cringe
mg66vew.png

Depending on if this character is an uptight prude or not I may or may not romance her
5RFMWsQ.png

And if she becomes not a sterotypical student council president then I may do her
5qrxsLG.png

If not any of them, then I'll go to doctor or teacher.

Hikami

Makoto and the teacher are great. Haven't met everyone yet but it's already getting hard to choose.

That's my opinion as to why you date anyone and everyone you can in the game.
I'll probably end up doing this in a second playthrough anyways.

I just got to the second castle. But fuck that I want to know who to romance in the future.

Not Ann. I get bad juju from her.

Whoever this is will probs be cringe
mg66vew.png

Depending on if this character is an uptight prude or not I may or may not romance her
5RFMWsQ.png

And if she becomes not a sterotypical student council president then I may do her
5qrxsLG.png

If not any of them, then I'll go to doctor or teacher.
makoto best girl imo

TrueBlue

I've only got Ann and Tae as romanceable confidants at the moment, and I think they're both very likeable and amusing.

I hope the trend continues.

I really don't get why the teacher is so popular? Is it just because she's the teacher? Because completing her social link her personality was nothing special and the whole relationship felt really sleazy to me (On both ends, but especially for the protagonist)

Her bonuses at max rank have the best practical, day-to-day application out of all the confidants by far, but I feel you on the notion that there's nothing really "there" besides the hot-for-teacher fetish.

Her bonuses at max rank have the best practical, day-to-day application out of all the confidants by far, but I feel you on the notion that there's nothing really "there" besides the hot-for-teacher fetish.

I get that, it's why I maxed her as quick as I could, but you don't need to go the romance route to max her out

I get that, it's why I maxed her as quick as I could, but you don't need to go the romance route to max her out

Being a useful character increases how much fans like you just in general. Terrible characters that are useless tend to get hated more than terrible characters that are useful. I think its the same way we tend to give people we like the benefit of the doubt and tend to interpret stuff said by people we dislike negatively.

I really don't get why the teacher is so popular? Is it just because she's the teacher? Because completing her social link her personality was nothing special and the whole relationship felt really sleazy to me (On both ends, but especially for the protagonist)
Cause maid sensei ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
o haven't even gotten that far in the game so I really don't know

I was planning on romancing Ann.

But then I started the Star Arcana and Hifumi was super cute when she goes
full Chuunibyou in Shogi
XD

Finallly , i was getting worried that nobody noticed hifumi cuteness.

Sae: "...Isn't that right?!"

But really though, the last two games I've always gone for the party member route romance, but Hifumi might tempt me to pick a non-party member.

And it doesn't hurt that her Social Link benefit adds a new tactics.

Top Bottom