• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Takao

Banned
I was always hoping for an up-ressed collection of the Black Panther games, but they're lost to the obscurity of time too I guess.

In fact, there was very little PSP -> Vita porting, especially odd considering there seems to be a small but noticeable amount of DS -> 3DS porting (most notably from Atlus recently).

A Black Panther collection on Vita is guaranteed to have sold more than the Wii U port of 1 & 2. Then again, a Vita port of 1 & 2 still would've sold more than the Wii U one.

Atlus Japan doesn't really have much of a PSP catalog to mine. It's mostly just Dept. Heaven games no one cares about or ports of older Atlus games.

Shizuka

A Black Panther collection on Vita is guaranteed to have sold more than the Wii U port of 1 & 2. Then again, a Vita port of 1 & 2 still would've sold more than the Wii U one.

Atlus Japan doesn't really have much of a PSP catalog to mine. It's mostly just Dept. Heaven games no one cares about or ports of older Atlus games.

I would've liked to see Atlus USA bring Tokyo Mono Hara Shi to the West back in the day.

Saphirax

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/846422658283581440

C78WNpvVAAAGpyS.jpg

I'm assuming this will be Japan only and digital only, right?

Romancing SaGa 3 gets the re-release treatment following its predecessor.

Square Enix has announced a remastered version of Romancing SaGa 3 for PS Vita, iOS, and Android.

The first ever remaster of Romancing SaGa 3, which initially launched in 1995, the game promises renewed character, background, and menu graphics, as well as controls optimized for PS Vita and smartphones, and the ability to easily adventure anywhere at any time.

Further details were not announced.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/romancing-saga-3-coming-ps-vita-smartphones

I'm assuming this will be Japan only and digital only, right?

Well, that's nice. I wonder if this'll prompt them to remember that they're supposed to be releasing RS2 in English on Vita.

Maybe the delay is because they had no-one to program in the translation on the Vita version while they were working on this?

SaintR

Salt & Sanctuary is delayed in Europe for whatever reason. Thanks SIEE!

Well that Fucking sucks ☹️

Over here in the US I've been refreshing the PS Store waiting for this game to pop up today so I can play before I head out to work lol.

Speaking of companies that might be dead, Dingo. The developer behind the Love Live Vita games and the original version of Persona 4: Dancing All Night, has had their website 404. Their last few projects were RecoLove and some mobile stuff. Seems they had a really hard time post-PSP.

On the money as usual, Takao.

edit: That NIS Minecraft clone is PS4 exclusive:

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nis-announces-hakoniwa-company-works-ps4

I have no words, lol.

18-Volt

Koei Tecmo is skipping Vita again with Romance of Three Kingdoms in favor of Xbox One version. This does not bode well for future potential localization of Vita versions of Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2. They did not announce the Switch version too.

I smell bullshit, although I don't know why he'd say this otherwise.

Yeah, it's bullshit. PR talk. I suspect they're actually trying to kill it in Japan too: "It's supposed to die, stop making games for it! Make for glorious PS4 instead!".

No Switch or Vita version for the new Romance of the Three Kingdoms is really frustrating. And the dicision to port this on Xbox One instead is just baffling. I don't know what to say.

deadfolk

Koei Tecmo is skipping Vita again with Romance of Three Kingdoms in favor of Xbox One version. This does not bode well for future potential localization of Vita versions of Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2. They did not announce the Switch version too.

Yeah, it's bullshit. PR talk. I suspect they're actually trying to kill it in Japan too: "It's supposed to die, stop making games for it! Make for glorious PS4 instead!".

What the actual? Strategy games like this would be so much better on a portable system.

Takao

Banned
Wow, Takao. Why did you kill Dingo?

The obvious answer is that they tried to eat my baby.

No Switch or Vita version for the new Romance of the Three Kingdoms is really frustrating. And the dicision to port this on Xbox One instead is just baffling. I don't know what to say.

I don't know what to say about them skipping the Vita or Switch versions, but the Xbox One version getting a western release makes sense ... or at least makes sense in a situation where it already exists. Koei Tecmo released the original Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII on PS3/PS4/PC/XB1 in Japan, but only PS4/PC in the west. So, they made a XB1 port for a total audience of 50k people?

http://kotaku.com/in-japan-sony-still-believes-in-the-ps-vita-1793705734

I smell bullshit, although I don't know why he'd say this otherwise.

The Vita/kids thing is to Morita as the Vita/Remote Play thing is to every Sony exec asked about the platform outside of Japan. Just lip service that costs nothing.

I already told you that I doubt whatever IP Morita is teasing is for Vita. This is Sony. iOS/Android/PS4 are over 9000 times likelier.

That NIS Minecraft clone is PS4 exclusive:

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/nis-announces-hakoniwa-company-works-ps4

I have no words, lol.

I told you if it doesn't look like a high end browser game from 2007 NIS is probably not releasing it on Vita.

If only :(

They've been skipping the Vita versions of Nobunaga & RoTTK for ages, I don't think it'll have any bearing on their Gust ports.

That said, I've always felt like I was the only person interested in handheld versions anyway. Whenever I've brought them up in the past, no-one seemed to show any interest until now. I'd say "we should try and get a grassroots movement going" but I think Vita is past that point in its life.

I told you if it doesn't look like a high end browser game from 2007 NIS is probably not releasing it on Vita.

Yeah... you win this round!

Shizuka

I can't stop playing Salt & Sanctuary, I'm having a blast playing it on my Vita. Coincidentally, it's my first "Souls-like" title and I can't stop thinking how great it'd have other games like this on the Vita.

mollipen

They've been skipping the Vita versions of Nobunaga & RoTTK for ages, I don't think it'll have any bearing on their Gust ports.

That said, I've always felt like I was the only person interested in handheld versions anyway. Whenever I've brought them up in the past, no-one seemed to show any interest until now. I'd say "we should try and get a grassroots movement going" but I think Vita is past that point in its life.

I love Koei's historical sims and would play the hell out of them on Vita. The thing I worry about is the UI and text, which is already small enough on the PS4 versions. (To be clear though, I haven't seen if the Vita versions have problems or not.)

Plus, ever since we never got Romance III for DS, I've given up on hoping for the portable releases to come our way.

I can't stop playing Salt & Sanctuary, I'm having a blast playing it on my Vita. Coincidentally, it's my first "Souls-like" title and I can't stop thinking how great it'd have other games like this on the Vita.

I had an actual dream about a Souls title on the Vita years ago, that's how much I want it

Takao

Banned
Switch will give you Dark Souls portable.
Switch will give you real portable Call of Duty (thank you Treyarch charity team).
Switch will give you Monster Hunter.
Switch will give you indie game announcements five years from release.
Switch will.

incpdo

Please have a dream about an SSX game on Vita so it will happen :(

Well that would be very cool
in an alternative reality Sony change the strategy to compete with the Switch , Giving us a brand new vita with micro sd support and more ram ala new 3ds . This time with new l2 and r2 buttons. Clickable thumbstick buttons and retrocompatible with the current Vita , psp and psone games.
In this alternative reality they drop the price of the old Vita and of course of the memory cards by a lot.
Also they update the vita firmware and improve the shitty download list adding filters and a search bar .
Having more than 1300 games the Vita becomes an affordable portable competing (probably not winning though) with 3ds .
After a year of success sony starts to invest in publicity and getting some first party games done to the console.

is a shame i live in this reality ,. but this reality is not that bad, having a backlog that can last for 3 or 4 more years im pretty happy with what the Vita offers today considering the circumstances.

Jimrpg

Well I did my part over the last couple of months - picked up all these, and then realised I gave Koei Tecmo a lot of money!

Bizarre that they would go for the Xbox One over the Vita, must be an easier port, but surely Vita would sell better.

As for the Vita lives comment from the Sony exec... that's exciting. It probably is just a niche kids japan only title, but that's great for me as I'm collecting some titles for the little ones right now. I honestly feel that the Vita has a lot of life left in its hardware, way more than the PSP did at the same stage of its life cycle. The problem really is down to Sony revitalising the Vita, whether thats just putting out more titles for the system or maybe making a vita pro.

Mimosa97

I know this isn't prob the right thread to ask this but I'll take the chance. I've just turned on my vita for the first time in a year and even though I'm impressed by the fact that the battery is still full a year later, I can't get the latest firmware because my vita can't find my wifi network. I've tried everything, even entering it manually and it's not working. I don't know what to do :(

Can I connect my vita to my PS4 and update it/download games through it ? IF yes How do I do that ?

Shizuka

I know this isn't prob the right thread to ask this but I'll take the chance. I've just turned on my vita for the first time in a year and even though I'm impressed by the fact that the battery is still full a year later, I can't get the latest firmware because my vita can't find my wifi network. I've tried everything, even entering it manually and it's not working. I don't know what to do :(

Can I connect my vita to my PS4 and update it/download games through it ? IF yes How do I do that ?

You can use a PS3, the PS4 doesn't do that.

Jimrpg

Well, you picked up the most important one (Atelier Shallie!) but you seem to be missing Toukiden 2 D:

Ah.. that's because I just picked up Toukiden Kiwami (hasn't arrived) and haven't played it yet. ;) My friend wasn't all that hot on Toukiden but he's a huge monster hunter fan so he might be biased, but I'd like to try the original first. I also need to decide if I should get T2 on vita or PC/PS4, because I think its going to look a lot better on the other systems...

Also I'm afraid Atelier is going to be sitting there for a bit :(, got a "few" PS4 games and Zelda to play thru first. This Q1!

So they pick the busiest month for Vita games this year to release it? Excellent choice XSEED.

Reminder - this game was announced for release in June 2016, dated for "winter". It's been a hell of a delay lol.

(Despite this, I'm still really excited for it, because the combat is pure Tales and I am yet to tire of that series).

edit: For some reason, Tom from XSEED is announcing this game on the EU blog, despite the fact that PQube are releasing it over here. Huh?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/29/action-rpg-akibas-beat-out-19th-may-on-ps4-and-ps-vita/

Saphirax

Told you it'd be May.

There are so many games coming out in May that my brain didn't even register that AB was coming in the same month...

Want to see how the Vita version runs.

So they pick the busiest month for Vita games this year to release it? Excellent choice XSEED.

Reminder - this game was announced for release in June 2016, dated for "winter". It's been a hell of a delay lol.

(Despite this, I'm still really excited for it, because the combat is pure Tales and I am yet to tire of that series).

edit: For some reason, Tom from XSEED is announcing this game on the EU blog, despite the fact that PQube are releasing it over here. Huh?

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/03/29/action-rpg-akibas-beat-out-19th-may-on-ps4-and-ps-vita/

That's nothing unusual. Atlus does the same. They just copy/paste the article and edit the necessary changes such as release dates and limited editions.

Top Bottom