• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Don't Use Imgur

ivFtsLJYzDM4j.png

iblG5zYx8GUtyy.png

ibwehs2kLTgySI.png

iba4g3DMwfTHgO.png

We've all see Crysis before, so six is enough... but I just had to post them at the full resolution so people could see the AA at that Res was in effect without the added quality of the downsample. It truly is a wonder to experience playing silky smooth at Very High completely AA'd. One of the most amazingly incredible things I've ever felt... and I only just experienced it now.

Shooting the birds out of the sky and plooms of feathers puff out and slowly float to the ground, the puff of water with every single bullet that you shoot into the water.

The first CryEngine truly was a marvel that was far far far ahead of it's time and it's unfortunate that it hasn't been used for more games... could you imagine Skyrim built upon CryEngine?

scitek

We've all see Crysis before, so six is enough... but I just had to post them at the full resolution so people could see the AA at that Res was in effect without the added quality of the downsample. It truly is a wonder to experience playing silky smooth at Very High completely AA'd. One of the most amazingly incredible things I've ever felt... and I only just experienced it now.

Shooting the birds out of the sky and plooms of feathers puff out and slowly float to the ground, the puff of water with every single bullet that you shoot into the water.

The first CryEngine truly was a marvel that was far far far ahead of it's time and it's unfortunate that it hasn't been used for more games... could you imagine Skyrim built upon CryEngine?

Yeah, well, when you apply 4xMSAA, it unfortunately only effects the buldings and such, not the foliage, so you still need to have r_useedgeaa at 2 or 3. :p And as far as I know, CE3 is basically just an optimized CE2, which I know is what you meant, since the first CryEngine was Far Cry.

Lime

Hey Lime, are the texture mods EatChildren linked to in the Gaf Plays Mass Effect thread the ones you suggest? Unfortunately, social.bioware.com appears to be down right now so I can't access any of them.

I was feeling nice, so I packaged all of my mods together in this zip. Link is only valid for two weeks from today. Note that the "FME1armor" is not very good and overwrites the other armour textures (therefore I advise you to delete it).

Jedi2016

You know... I've never played Crysis on Very High with 4x AA at 1440p before...

MY GOD IS IT I GLORIOUS. I remember how much fun I had playing Crysis 2 but I always thought 'this just doesn't feel like Crysis any more, the detail isn't there'. I was right.

I'm getting 90fps+ so I've got some room to spare. I'm going to download some Crysis mods and see just how much visual splender I can push out of this baby.

Specs for those that are interested (to know what can finally run Crysis how it's supposed to be played).

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: 24Gb 1600 Corsair Dominator DDR3 8-8-8-24
Mobo: Asus p9x79-Deluxe
GFX: 2x 7970 @ Stock
PSU: Corsair AX-850 Gold
HDD: Kingston Hyper-X SATAIII SSD
Sweet Jesus.. While your rig's definitely more powerful than mine, mine still outstrips the requirements for the game by a big margin, and I can barely scrape by with 30fps at max settings. At least it's playable, but I'm probably at least a graphics card away from getting that kind of performance.

I really need to finish that game one of these days. And then play the second one.. lol.

Alright guys, I got FXAA Injector working in DS2 and here is the result:

Vanilla:
iRekfsjihFtlR.jpg

FXAA Injector (DX9):
izeIiGlrr50ob.png

The difference is obvious and the FXAA works great. Although you don't notice it that much when playing, since you're always moving around and running or shooting and not so much standing still, but it still gives the game even a greater look without compromising IQ or performance.

The thing is that D3DOverrider doesn't work! So I can't force Triple Buffering Vsync and that's really killing me.

Do you know how to make D3DOverrider and FXAA Injector work together? Thanks anyway GAF for your help!

Awesome shots Vampire, how's performance?
BTW steam version?

Yeah pretty good I get about 35fps
I play at 1920x1080 with all the game settings on max (patch 1.0.4.0)
Although I think this latest version of Icenhancer is a bit more demanding than the last as I cant play with enb AA (ssaa supersamping) where the other version I could so I just use FXAA.

You should use all the mods like for highres foilage textures.

I was feeling nice, so I packaged all of my mods together in this zip. Link is only valid for two weeks from today. Note that the "FME1armor" is not very good and overwrites the other armour textures (therefore I advise you to delete it).

Wow, thanks. I appreciate the effort. I'll definitely be checking them out. I think you hooked me up with the shortened load movies a long time ago, too. You're a hell of a guy.

So after looking that up, what's the hardware difference between POM and tessellation?

Not sure that there actually is one. As far as I'm aware POM is considered a form of tessellation, albeit a more rudimentary one, since it is effectively just using a static displacement map to procedurally generate geometry. Though quoting me on that is probably a bad idea.

scitek

The thing is that D3DOverrider doesn't work! So I can't force Triple Buffering Vsync and that's really killing me.

Do you know how to make D3DOverrider and FXAA Injector work together? Thanks anyway GAF for your help!

Right, are you using an AMD card? If so, you can use RadeonPro to force Vsync and triple buffering instead and it'll work. If you're using an nvidia card, I'd assume the same would apply with whatever program it uses.

scitek

redfactionarmageddon.t4biw.png

redfactionarmageddon.vjb4l.png

I'm honestly baffled as to why this game got the rap it did. It's fun. The magnet gun makes for way more fun with the physics than the shitty open world of Guerrilla.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Where were you guys when the game came out? I remember being one of the only guys enjoying the game in the OT while a ton of people who didn't even play it piled on.

I picked it up a couple months after when the price had dropped a bit. I felt bad because I know I was the reason the series is now cancelled :(

If I just hadn't waited...

scitek

redfactionarmageddon.79adp.png

redfactionarmageddon.8ga05.png

Where were you guys when the game came out? I remember being one of the only guys enjoying the game in the OT while a ton of people who didn't even play it piled on.

:( I hardly buy games day 1 anymore. I paid $5 for this a couple of days ago. It's a shame that "linear" is used as some kind of insult nowadays. It's a better game for it IMO.

Right, are you using an AMD card? If so, you can use RadeonPro to force Vsync and triple buffering instead and it'll work. If you're using an nvidia card, I'd assume the same would apply with whatever program it uses.

Awesome! This worked for me, thanks! injectSMAA does not work with D3DOverrider but RadeonPro seems to work just fine with it.

Top Bottom