• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

famousmortimer: Xbox One OS and Xbox Live issues bouncing about as we approach launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobility

Banned
This is huge but we still need more information.

I would like to hear CBOAT chime in.

If XBL isn't fully functional on day one, people are going to revolt. $499 is a big amount of money to put down.

Meh... not a huge issue for me. I was concerned they were talking about hardware issues. I'll keep my preorder. I can totally see it being an issue for a lot of other people though. TBH all I'm going to be doing on my Xbox One is Ryse and Crimson Dragon. As long as I'm able to do both of those things I'll be happy. I'm have zero intention of paying for XBLG anyway. The PS4/PS+ combo will probably fill 90% of my gaming need. The Xbox One will be for exclusives only.

Demon Ice

Banned
“The system OS and network integration was written by a group of people who do not play games. They don’t understand why things were set up in the ways they were designed by J Allard back in ’05.”

It is sounding more and more that the XB1 hardware was not even designed as a gaming console first. Gaming is just another app that it does.

nib95

Banned
Pretty much. It's like he is jealous of CBOAT and wants to break that one big story. It's actually quite embarrassing

Mortimer is the most accurate insider on GAF at the mo. More so than even Cboat of late. Just doesn't get as juicy titbits usually is all. Point is, if he's said it, and backed it up with 4 of his sources, doesn't matter what compelled him to post it, it is most probably true. And you trying to obfuscate around that point is amusing.

Dragon

Banned
I'm having a hard time believing this honestly, or that it's that bad at least. Mort's been desperate for attention and validation lately and it could lead to poor judgement on some of these source's reports.

You seem desperate for a hug. Need one?

USC-fan

Banned
These consoles are coming in hot. Both console are going to have problem. Crazy if MS is having more problems. We will find out in less than a month.

Truly, ass times are upon us.

ibo43vqrF19QeB.gif

OMG!!! I DIED HAHAHAHA! Thank you for this sir, this is amazing!

bishoptl said:
If CBOAT ever spills publicly what s/he shared via PM regarding a myriad of other technical issues going on right now...

I'm going right back in that shelter and welding it shut.

CBOAT, it is time.

m23

I'm confused about the party thing, does that mean friends in different games can't talk to each other?

Whatever's not temporary, I guess.

The general consumer does not give a shit about 720p. You tell the general consumer that XBL is buggy and broken and it might take a few weeks/months to fix and that is going to resonate a lot more. Which do you think would do more damage to MS' brand come launch day?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I agree. ESRAM cannot be fixed.

This is software side and can be patched. Mort gotta get them hits on his blog though, can't bother making it a regular post. *rolls eyes*

He was waiting on Bish but Bish didn't get back on him, so he decided to put it in his blog.

God this all sounds so horrible. Good thing I will be enjoying 1/2 next gen with my WiiU this holiday. You all can mess around with shody OS's and 720p next gen military shooters.

Still want a ps4 though

Loudninja

Mortimer is the most accurate insider on GAF at the mo. More so than even Cboat of late. Just doesn't get as juicy titbits of late. Point is, if he's said it, and backed it up with 4 of his sources, doesn't matter what compelled him to post it, it is most probably true. And you trying to obfuscate around that point is amusing.
Yeah don't know where this venom came from at all.

Could the party system issue be related to the 3 OS thing. The party has to be handed off from the media whatever OS to the game OS, whichever is active at the time?

MGR

Unless some specifics are provide as to the extent of the issues, or gamers experience it first hand, this story is unlikely to be accepted as fact.

Too easy to dismiss as "oh well, every launch OS has some bugs" and "1.4GB day one patch will fix it"

SRTtoZ

When it says "months to fix", by fix do we mean everything's all better? Or do we mean everything functions but it's still a pain in the ass going forward?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
this is worse than 720p? this can be fixed by overtimes

These are the kinds of things that need to be ready at launch.

Some devs are pretty frustrated and shaking their heads at these things. As I said, 3 OS's running in VM like HyperV is not needed for a console and they are paying for putting it in but other things are also there that make things harder than they should be. Then there's the readiness and maturity of their tools among several other issues.

If I were inclined to buy an Xbox One, which I'm not, the lack of functional online features that I didn't use on 360 wouldn't be a big deal to me. As long as single player games function, the rest of the system could rot for all I care.

But since I'm not interested in Xbox One, I'll happily pretend that this is a personal deal breaker. For a nominal fee.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The entire infrastructure of XBL that made Xbox and Xbox 360 a great online experience...gone. All gone. The fact that they've coded the party chat like that...oh man. What were they THINKING.

Anyone who thinks this will all be fixed in a day one patch...well, have fun.

McDougles

Can't believe the amount of people upset at Mort's "what if's/it's possibles." You know he's trying to avoid a huge fucking lawsuit with his claims, right?

That said, the possibility of this being true with multiple sources is huge enough to "report." That should not be underplayed. Whether or not this will be Mort's Operation Tailwind has yet to be seen.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The general consumer does not give a shit about 720p. You tell the general consumer that XBL is buggy and broken and it might take a few weeks/months to fix and that is going to resonate a lot more. Which do you think would do more damage to MS' brand come launch day?
Fair enough, but the question I addressed was "what's worse for you?"

Raymo

Already see many people brushing this off. The thing is, XBL was a shoe-in to be better than PSN for next-gen. Now, that future isn't set in stone. Sony could easily steal the online network crown if they don't drop the ball. It is Xbox's #1 selling point. How could possible issues with it be downplayed?

GQman2121

Banned
Pretty much. It's like he is jealous of CBOAT and wants to break that one big story. It's actually quite embarrassing

rayjgrandma.gif

Did you even read his blog? He mentions CBOAT directly in his post and you think he's jealous of him? What? Get some perspective on what's going on here.

shem935

Banned
I feel like people aren't reading the op. It said MONTHS before it would be fixed. Meaning broken online play for months after the console would launch. How is this not bigger than 720p?

This whole Xbox One situation is exactly like Pretty Little Liars. "A" (CBOAT) knows everything and anything before even Microsoft knows, and is literally fucking them doggy style while wearing a permanent costume, hiding any sort of identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom