• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Mii QR Code Thread - Is your body ready?

Big Dog Pitbull gonna drop a bomb on this.

HNI_0018.jpg
HNI_0019.jpg

HNI_0020.jpg
HNI_0021.jpg

EXCLUSIVE

BooJoh

I made most of these on Wii, but just finally got my 3DS. I have more but I haven't saved them to SD yet.

Minecraft Miis

Notch.png
Jens.png
Steve.png

a couple others...

Frodo.png
JoshGates.png

And mine

Mii-ID.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bizzyb said:
Here's another contribution.

The Legendary Soldier of the 20th Century

hni0077z.jpg

hni0078z.jpg
You reminded me of this MGS2 Snake I forgot to post here:

dijsb.png

The portrait doesn't make it even remotely justice.

Bizzyb

Banned
Jocchan said:
You reminded me of this MGS2 Snake I forgot to post here:

dijsb.png

The portrait doesn't make it even remotely justice.

How'd you make the Head band. btw I'm going to reload it as Naked Snake in a few mins

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Bizzyb said:
How'd you make the Head band. btw I'm going to reload it as Naked Snake in a few mins
Bushy eyebrows, a large mole in the middle and a hairstyle with a low enough fringe :)

celebi23

Ok, here's a myster QR Code from the latest Nintendo Power. I found it on Go Nintendo

(Click the thumbnail for the full-size version)

Since I don't have a 3DS yet, could someone upload the Mii as a jpeg or something? I'm kinda wondering what this is a Mii of.

Bizzyb

Banned
Naked Snake said:
This one is golden. Instantly recognizable.

The headband is the only thing that makes it look like Snake to me, esp since there is no mullet. I think it's harder to create a faithful Snake without the headband.

Btw, I was at the World Hobby Fair 2011 today and I tried to scan some promo Miis of Japanese comedians with my North american 3DS and it wouldn't work at all! I didn't know they region locked QR codes.

Tyeforce

I was in a Mii making mood tonight, and since I've been watching Jackie Chan Adventures lately, I decided to make Miis of the main characters from the show.

CXGqE.png

ERZhv.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Didn't come out as well as I hoped. Might come back to them at a later date

2sbAo.png

Mitsudomoe

EDIT: There's a improved version further down

x6esx.png

Nichijou

Greymanic

Neo Member
slaughterking said:
Eeeehhhhh, kinda. But at least it's a special Mii. Whatever that means.
I was wondering that myself, are they just something collect and show off or do they have any purpose beyond that? Still pretty cool.

Chopper

cw_sasuke said:
TGS 2011 - Jill Valentine

800016_1aejj.jpg
My 3DS can't seem to read that one. Is it because it's a bit blurry?

Edit: Got it to work eventually. That's Awesome. Any more special Miis kicking about?!

angelfly

I guess the Miis are region locked as well. I made the mistake of removing Matsumoto to double check the code (since I didn't think they were locked) and now I can't get him back since the special ones are a one time deal.
sakipon said:
I got Matsumoto on my Japanese 3DS. (Thanks for the code!) Interesting they can lock Miis.
http://blog.livedoor.jp/cvn71/archives/51946425.html
Three more special miis (Matsumoto is the first one so I didn't count it) for those with a Japanese 3DS.

jokkir

Seriously? Region locked the Mii's? Goddammit, Nintendo.

Wait, only those special ones are region locked, right? Since you can scan QR codes from Japanese 3DS's?

Jackano

angelfly said:
Well Jill seems to work fine for people. I'm guessing This particular set of Miis are locked because they're based on someones likeness (of which Nintendo paid them to use). It would be the same in NA if they were to release for example an Angelina Jolie Mii.

edit:
special Miis galore: http://ameblo.jp/amebapigg/entry-10979058375.html

I now have 46 special Miis
Thanks for the link.

I don't know why, and I have no fraking clue of who those japanese celebrities are, but I grabbed them all on my japanese 3DS!

Tyeforce

Wait... How is this Jill Mii being distributed by QR Code when the official gold-pants Nintendo Miis (Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, etc.) can't be?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Tyeforce said:
Wait... How is this Jill Mii being distributed by QR Code when the official gold-pants Nintendo Miis (Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto, etc.) can't be?
I guess gold pants Mii's can only be QR coded on devkits or something to ensure they are legit.

The gold pants are just a sign that it's an 'official' Mii.

Top Bottom